talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Depp v Heard Defamation Trial

football forum

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

“I will fuck her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead”

Theyre both fucked

that is just edgy bullshit said in response to someone trying to ruin his life, heard worse shit on Xbox live in 2007. I can't even take it seriously, it's so stupid.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Danny said:

“I will fuck her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead”

Theyre both fucked

Tbf though texting your mate while you're coked out of your mind and saying stupid bullshit is a lot different to actually being so physically abusive your spouse loses a finger.

Amber Heard's made herself not all that believable with regard to the physical abuse she's suffered - especially with her "bruise kit" admission, so ultimately the most believable thing about Depp's physicality was mostly just him trying to stop her from hitting him or from grabbing at him.

He also sent messages to the same friend, I believe, saying how he would cut Elon Musk's cock off and show him the other side of his dick. Fucked up thing to say if he's serious... but there's no real evidence or indication that he ever was serious.

I think it's much easier to condemn bad actions than it is to condemn bad words. He's also had a big PR victory in that not that long ago it looked like his career was dead and buried because he was a "wife beater" - he lost his job as Captain Jack Sparrow. He lost his job as ___________ in whatever the Harry Potter spinoff is called.

His public image has been rehabilitated quite a bit since he was branded a wife beater. I think now he just looks like an unstable drug addict, which tbh is how I pictured him before the stuff about him being a wife beater came out... because that's how he's portrayed himself ever since doing that one film and deciding for the rest of his life he would pretend to be Hunter S. Thompson.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf though texting your mate while you're coked out of your mind and saying stupid bullshit is a lot different to actually being so physically abusive your spouse loses a finger.

Amber Heard's made herself not all that believable with regard to the physical abuse she's suffered - especially with her "bruise kit" admission, so ultimately the most believable thing about Depp's physicality was mostly just him trying to stop her from hitting him or from grabbing at him.

He also sent messages to the same friend, I believe, saying how he would cut Elon Musk's cock off and show him the other side of his dick. Fucked up thing to say if he's serious... but there's no real evidence or indication that he ever was serious.

I think it's much easier to condemn bad actions than it is to condemn bad words. He's also had a big PR victory in that not that long ago it looked like his career was dead and buried because he was a "wife beater" - he lost his job as Captain Jack Sparrow. He lost his job as ___________ in whatever the Harry Potter spinoff is called.

His public image has been rehabilitated quite a bit since he was branded a wife beater. I think now he just looks like an unstable drug addict, which tbh is how I pictured him before the stuff about him being a wife beater came out... because that's how he's portrayed himself ever since doing that one film and deciding for the rest of his life he would pretend to be Hunter S. Thompson.

It was two films and he was probably doing that regardless

• Subscriber

Have to say, in all of this, the person that took the stand who impressed me the most was Shannon Curry. Lazer-focused, didn't beat around the bush, didn't let anyone twist her statements and just stuck the course. For anyone who doesn't know, she's the forensic psychologist who was asked to testify. She would make me call a red pen blue. 

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's been interesting to see, though.

As the details from the case kept coming out and it looked increasingly clear that Heard was a psychotic abuser (physical and mental abuse too) - there were definitely a lot of comments out there on social media that were attacking her more for being a woman than for being a liar and a psychotic piece of shit.

Kind of weird tbh.

Good for Johnny Depp though and it does beg the question of why so much evidence was not allowed in the UK courts, but was allowed in the US... because a lot of the evidence that we saw that wasn't allowed in the UK was... pretty good evidence that Johnny Depp was a victim of her abuse more than he was abusing her.

They both come out of this case looking like abusive dickheads, imo, but Depp comes off as a lot more sympathetic (although we have learned he has some seriously violent and fucked up thoughts when he's drunk and high on coke at the same time) from seemingly suffering as much (if not more) domestic abuse... and being slandered for years - and of course losing job as Jack Sparrow.

And I definitely think Heard's career as an actress has ended.

14 hours ago, 6666 said:

That's genuinely what I'm interested in. Not sure how he could've lost the case in the UK unless they just didn't have evidence gathered at the time.

Not sure if this helps, but I saw this on BBC earlier.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61673676

Unfortunately, with today's shoddy journalism and clear bias, I'm not sure how reliable this actually is.

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

People should, but the media won't. That's how this issue started. 

Here's one from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jun/02/amber-heard-johnny-depp

I can see what they are trying to get at and Heard has been ripped apart on social media.

At the same time however, she has brought a lot of this on herself by continuously lying and making herself look foolish during the trial. 

Heard's Lawyer is saying she has decent grounds to appeal the outcome and probably will... 

From a Lawyers perspective that might be a path laden with gold but hope she doesn't for her sake... The negative media attention she has received so far and probably still will receive over this for the near future has been complete overkill... I wonder what or how they make the decision to televise such events?? Is it the law in certain states that coverage is allowed or do the people in question have to give consent because the whole thing has been a media circus.. 

Not sure what an appeal will accomplish. The only thing Heard could realistically do is file for a mistrial given how incompetent her attorneys were. 

That being said, there is far too much damning evidence against her being the sole physical abuser. 

18 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Here's one from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jun/02/amber-heard-johnny-depp

I can see what they are trying to get at and Heard has been ripped apart on social media.

At the same time however, she has brought a lot of this on herself by continuously lying and making herself look foolish during the trial. 

Here's another one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61664982

I don't think accusers have anything to worry about if their plan isn't to fabricate a story they were the only one physically and emotionally abused from a toxic relationship and embarrassingly lie during their testimony. 

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I don't think accusers have anything to worry about if their plan isn't to fabricate a story they were the only one physically and emotionally abused from a toxic relationship and embarrassingly lie during their testimony. 

Unfortunately, the way the media are painting it is with sheer bias towards Heard and not actually seeing why she's getting all the hate (though death threats are a complete no no in any situation). All the bias media are showing is her getting all the hate and looking into that.

Hell, one article was literally called 'Trial by TikTok', yet completely disregarding that 'Trial by Twitter' has been going on for a while.

On 03/06/2022 at 15:10, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Unfortunately, the way the media are painting it is with sheer bias towards Heard and not actually seeing why she's getting all the hate (though death threats are a complete no no in any situation). All the bias media are showing is her getting all the hate and looking into that.

Hell, one article was literally called 'Trial by TikTok', yet completely disregarding that 'Trial by Twitter' has been going on for a while.

I heard that it's a backlash against the Me Too movement...

It can't be a situation where people are reacting from a case by case basis. That's impossible. All one way or the other. 

It's pathetic given all that's occurred in the past two decades there would be backlash against the Me Too movement. 

These real accusers of the Me Too movement are taken seriously because they have nothing to hide with their allegations. Heard ultimately had something to hide, something incredibly significant and it backfired on her beautifully. 

If there's a backlash against the #MeToo stuff then it's entirely because of the absolutist way that movement presented itself (at least in the media and social media) - they told us to "believe ALL women," which when you take out of context means people should believe someone like Amber Heard... but I'm not sure that's what was actually meant with "believe ALL women" - because I don't think it was instructing the public to just believe things despite contradictory facts.

It's a problem with social media messaging and the way people think (or don't think, perhaps is a better way of wording it) nowadays. Too many people just sort of repeat what they hear without actually thinking about it or looking into anything, so reductive statements like "believe ALL women" are easily misinterpreted and misconstrued and then you get people thinking "we should believe women accusers, even in the face of evidence that the woman was an abuser herself? why?" and lashing out at the reductive messaging they've seen.

And I think that absolutist view that MeToo set off in so many people is what emboldened Heard to come forward with that op-ed piece where she defamed Depp - she clearly thought that nobody would believe him if he came forward and accused her of being an abuser & that she would be believed if she came forward and accused him of something publicly... and that is what happened in the court of public opinion.

Came back to bite her in the arse though because not only did she lose in actual court... her reputation is in fucking tatters now and it's a bit funny seeing media outlets sort of scramble to defend her rather than admit they were lazy journalists who didn't dig into the allegations and instead rolled with it as though she could do no wrong in making a public statement about abuse.

Archived