talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gareth Bale Joins LAFC

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could actually see the Cardiff move happening purely because of how much Bale loves coming back for Internationals. I'm sure at some point he'd love to finish there anyway. Mind you, it would require some real compromise on Bale's behalf wage wise, much like the Bellamy deal all those years ago. And that was a crazy deal at the time.

If he is open to lowering his wage demands mind, there is every chance someone in the PL fancies him. I could see a West Ham or Villa taking a chance.

• Administrator

Two random choice of clubs on face of it considering how good his career has been and leaving Real Madrid. 

Getafe is a decent option. Probably won't have to leave his home in Madrid considering how close Getafe is. 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Danny said:

We all saw how useless he was at Spurs. He doesn’t care about club football and that’s been evident for a while. Whatever he does now is just a formality to stay fit for Wales

What are you talking about? 

He was so far from useless for us. He was excellent in the role he played. Scored so many goals against lesser teams who we traditionally struggled to break down. Was badly used by Mourinho but still showed so much quality 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

What are you talking about? 

He was so far from useless for us. He was excellent in the role he played. Scored so many goals against lesser teams who we traditionally struggled to break down. Was badly used by Mourinho but still showed so much quality 

Tbf I don’t what I’m talking about because I’ve just checked his record and he scored 16 goals. My recollection of him at Spurs was that he wasn’t that great or impactful but clearly wrong 

I read this yesterday online and it would be a bit of a fairy tale if Cardiff City could pull this off. Obviously it's highly unlikely to happen, given the types of wages that Bale is used to and the high level of football that he has been playing at for over a decade now. Realistically though, it's more likely that a club such as Newcastle could afford to bring him in or maybe even AC Milan. Both clubs that are now filthy rich and who have both recently registered an interest in signing Bale. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bale off to the MLS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61936512

A tad disappointed as it was stated that Bale was looking more to get fit for the World Cup rather than getting a pay day in the MLS.

At the same time, I knew this was going to be asking a lot of us. Getting Bellamy ten years ago (both loan and permanent) was ridiculous, but trying to sign Bale was asking a hell of a lot really.

• The title was changed to Gareth Bale Joins LAFC
1 hour ago, Stan said:

It was a toss up between Cardiff and LA...

Chose West Coast America in the end! 

I love the west coast and living in California, but fuck LA -  I'd have chosen Cardiff all day long. 

Suppose it's different when you've been making £600k a week for 6 years though and you've got all the money in the world, I'm sure LA is great then.

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I love the west coast and living in California, but fuck LA -  I'd have chosen Cardiff all day long. 

Suppose it's different when you've been making £600k a week for 6 years though and you've got all the money in the world, I'm sure LA is great then.

Every single place on the planet is great at that pay grade

Archived