talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Off-Topic

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Coma said:

I should've looked for Muzzy Izzet's signature. Only then would it be worthy.

My favourite player growing up :x

He did a video message for my wedding as well. What a legend. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Some obscene fees here. Man Utd and Chelsea the ones mainly responsible.

I think Van Dijk is the biggest success here, given trophies won and the level of status/reputation he now has compared to when he joined.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Some obscene fees here. Man Utd and Chelsea the ones mainly responsible.

I think Van Dijk is the biggest success here, given trophies won and the level of status/reputation he now has compared to when he joined.

That's an absolutely shocking list really. The majority of those flopped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Premier League clubs to ban gambling sponsorship on front of matchday shirts

Premier League clubs have collectively agreed to withdraw gambling sponsorship from the front of their matchday shirts by the end of the 2025-26 season.

However, after the deadline, clubs will still be able to continue featuring gambling brands in areas such as shirt sleeves and LED advertising.

And clubs will be allowed to secure new shirt-front deals before the deadline........

• Administrator

PL take the piss. 

4 games in a row have been moved to Mondays. Really screws over the fans. 

Everton, Fulham, Liverpool and now Newcastle all moved to Mondays in May. 

The first 2 of those on Bank Holidays, as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Fixtures were out today. 

Burnley vs Man City up first. Kompany vs Guardiola first up. Who'd have thought xD

20230615_181154.jpg

Luton have a horrible Nov/Dec - Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City in the space of 4 weeks. 

Palace have Liverpool, Man City, Brighton, Chelsea, Brentford around Xmas. 

Forest have Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City in their first 6.

Tough start for Newcastle too - Villa, Man City, Brighton and Liverpool their first 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Don't know if anyone watched yesterday's friendly between Brighton and Brentford, but Adingra on the left-wing for Brighton looked very good. Looks like he could become a decent player. Like Martinelli for Arsenal on that side of the pitch - pacy, skilful and decent finisher. 

On 27/07/2023 at 13:02, Stan said:

Don't know if anyone watched yesterday's friendly between Brighton and Brentford, but Adingra on the left-wing for Brighton looked very good. Looks like he could become a decent player. Like Martinelli for Arsenal on that side of the pitch - pacy, skilful and decent finisher. 

Yeah Adingra looked good, just come back from a loan in Belgium apparently so the Brighton effect is in full flow lol. Was annoying as we controlled both boxes, they had little and we could have scored about 4. But that is pre-season, fitness, quality of play and tactical shifts are more important than results!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Lewis-Potter denied by the crossbar, what a screamer that would have been.  Baptiste with the second rebound

I've watched a couple of your friendlies and Lewis-Potter looks ready for the PL. Think he'll be a good player for you this season.

Goal was against run of play though! Villa should have scored with their ball in behind and cutback crosses. Watkins should have had 2 within a few minutes.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've watched a couple of your friendlies and Lewis-Potter looks ready for the PL. Think he'll be a good player for you this season.

Goal was against run of play though! Villa should have scored with their ball in behind and cutback crosses. Watkins should have had 2 within a few minutes.

Yeah I hope he can have a good season. He should have received more minutes last season, especially towards the end of the season, but he suffered a lengthy injury for the time of year it happened and was ruled out for the rest. Only criticism of him this pre-season is he could just be a bit sharper with the ball at his feet, think that shot was the first I’ve seen of him where everything has just clicked. But his running, dribbling and off the ball work has been good.

Goal was against the run of play but it also created a new run of play for us lol. Pre-season matches are so up and down

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...