talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Off-Topic

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

You finished 6th last season Philly Willy. Things are much worse for other fans

That’s what you think. It’s all relative. If you’ve watched your team be shit for life, then it’s less of a shock. Like me supporting Warrington. Just not arsed. However, I’ve seen almost 20 years of league titles, European cups and domestic dominance. Right now, we might as well be relegated. Last year I had zero enjoyment from football with the exception of the occasional last minute Ronaldo winner. The football was fucking atrocious. The team is owned by absolute scavengers. The players don’t care. There is absolutely nothing good to look forward to as a United fan right now. Just mid table mediocrity.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

That’s what you think. It’s all relative. If you’ve watched your team be shit for life, then it’s less of a shock. Like me supporting Warrington. Just not arsed. However, I’ve seen almost 20 years of league titles, European cups and domestic dominance. Right now, we might as well be relegated. Last year I had zero enjoyment from football with the exception of the occasional last minute Ronaldo winner. The football was fucking atrocious. The team is owned by absolute scavengers. The players don’t care. There is absolutely nothing good to look forward to as a United fan right now. Just mid table mediocrity.

Aye but that has been the reality for fans of other clubs for decades now, and a lot of them are in the Championship or League 1

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Aye but that has been the reality for fans of other clubs for decades now, and a lot of them are in the Championship or League 1

But the reality is they’ve grown up on it. There’s quite literally only United fans my age that have grown up seeing a team absolutely dominate for 20 years consistently, then not even compete. I’m not asking for pity, it’s just the reality for me. I’ve been spoiled. If I hadn’t seen such riches, I could live with being poor.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

But the reality is they’ve grown up on it. There’s quite literally only United fans my age that have grown up seeing a team absolutely dominate for 20 years consistently, then not even compete. I’m not asking for pity, it’s just the reality for me. I’ve been spoiled. If I hadn’t seen such riches, I could live with being poor.

Just change teams mate, goes down a treat

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I was 12 when we beat Barca in the Cup Winners Cup. Lining the streets of Eccles as they passed through on their own top bus. They were the days.

• Upvote 1

Hasn't even been charged with anything so it'd be ridiculous to suspend him. If he was charged or if there was anything out there that suggested wrongdoing then there'd be a case for suspending him although the argument of "innocent until proven guilty" would still be there.

She said/he said situation at the moment. Hopefully whoever the guilty party is gets their punishment.

Since you can be sued for online defamation, Mark Goldbridge (ex cop and all) has shot himself in the foot with that tweet then, even if it has been deleted; not to mention all the twitter detectives. 

….

If you google his name with the word rape you’ve got news outlets outside of the UK making it a headline including his name, so where does the buck stop… 

Edited by DNA

9 hours ago, 6666 said:

Hasn't even been charged with anything so it'd be ridiculous to suspend him. If he was charged or if there was anything out there that suggested wrongdoing then there'd be a case for suspending him although the argument of "innocent until proven guilty" would still be there.

She said/he said situation at the moment. Hopefully whoever the guilty party is gets their punishment.

A lot of it depends on the strength of the case in my opinion. Manchester United and Everton were well within there right to suspend Greenwood and Gylfi last season before a verdict if they believed the evidence against them was largely overwhelming and there presence was going to have an adverse effect on the dressing room.

At the same time Brighton/Tottenham are well within their rights to keep playing Bissouma if they're own internal investigation indicate they believe its proportionate to do so. Whilst sexual assault isnt rape its still something the clubs will take seriously. No club is going to what the PR that Sunderland got once it was leaked they knew the strength of the evidence against Adam Johnson and they continued to play him.

Bit harsh.

I get it for obvious reasons but still xD

Screenshot_20220714-160952_Sky Bet.jpgScreenshot_20220714-161312_Sky Bet.jpg

Personally, I think Marsch has a better chance of surviving than Lampard.

Think the smart money could be on Marco Silva at 9's. We know their owner loves a knee jerk.

Edited by Lucas

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rodgers at 8/1 isn't too bad to be honest. Bad start to the season and fans could turn even more, causing board to take action... 

Especially with little to no strengthening so far.

I left Rodgers alone purely because I feel you'll do ok with everyone back to health and no Thursday football, but I can imagine patience will wear thin if its a sticky start.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Especially with little to no strengthening so far.

I left Rodgers alone purely because I feel you'll do ok with everyone back to health and no Thursday football, but I can imagine patience will wear thin if its a sticky start.

Yeah exactly, an 'easier' schedule will hopefully allow players to get some momentum and we can have a regular starting XI instead of contending with injuries constantly. Just need some momentum and less regular cautious and defensive football. Again, maybe we'll see a return to how we played a few seasons ago - open, free-flowing attacking football which got us competing for top 4.

• 3 weeks later...

Some old faces here and I recall just a handful,

Lee Sharp - Utd, Tony Daly - Villa, Vinnie Jones - CFC, Mark Wright - Liverpool, Gordon Durie - Spurs, John Salako - Palace and Peter Beardsley at Everton.

Who are the rest?

The Scots chap wearing Leeds shirt, i should know yet............

premier-league-launch-lead.jpg

• The topic was pinned
On 03/08/2022 at 04:32, LFCMike said:

Well it’s only time. It stopped meaning anything when it became just something that happens every game instead of a protest. It never really made sense either, it’s a Yankee thing and they did it during the national anthem to protest. Kinda sucked the power out of it Europeans.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...