talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wesley Fofana Signs for Chelsea

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Leicester might be a decent outside cheeky bet for relegation this season. 

Can't see it. I think there are problems and this is far from me buying my head in the sand but I thought we were pretty poor for the level of the squad for most of last season and we still came 8th.

Wolves on the other hand might be in bother.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

As it is. 

Benjamin Pavard is being discussed internally by Chelsea.

- @FabrizioRomano

A player I really would love see here at RCB. 

Fabrizio can gargle my ball sack. His news are as reliable as the next shit media. Posted that we made an agreement with Raphinha and the deal was done, later he signs for Barcelona and we didn't even made an official bid. Later we are very close to Kounde everything is agreed Barcelona can't challenge the fee and he signs for Barcelona. People just hype him because of his "here we go" shit, he is salt bae for football news.

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Fabrizio can gargle my ball sack. His news are as reliable as the next shit media. Posted that we made an agreement with Raphinha and the deal was done, later he signs for Barcelona and we didn't even made an official bid. Later we are very close to Kounde everything is agreed Barcelona can't challenge the fee and he signs for Barcelona. People just hype him because of his "here we go" shit, he is salt bae for football news.

I mean he wasn't really wrong with any of them. We agreed a fee with Leeds for Raphinha but we never agreed personal terms with the player. We agreed a fee with Sevilla for Kounde and agreed personal terms with the player. 

What needs to be clarified is the methodology on how Barcelona are making these last second deals. Raphinha granted was willing to wait for Barcelona, but with Kounde everything changed after he met with Xavi and Laporta.  Literally within seconds reports that Barcelona were attempting a last minute bid happened. 

• Subscriber

I think the annoying thing is ideally we wanted a situation where we had Fofana, Evans, Colwill and then probably Amartey as our centre halves, Soyuncu give or take. The fact it's Chelsea in for Fofana basically kills this possibility. They will use our Colwill interest to get him I think.

Even though i rate Fofana and his potential is huge 80/85 mill is out of their fucking minds even with the insane prices that go around. However don't blame Leicester they can say they want 300 mill and we are becoming a bit desperate.

• Subscriber

He really is an ace defender. Demonstrated it again in that game earlier. He's the player I'm most certain is elite level at Leicester. Could genuinely see him rising Chelsea's ranks the way Kante did.

Really don't want to lose him. Even though we could probably do with the money. We do not get players of this level often.

Not saying he isn't a good player but for £80m, you'd think Wesley Fofana is the 2nd coming of Christ.

Wesley Fofana played about 10 games last season. How does a player command an £80m fee off the back of that, especially after a broken leg?

Lets stop using Harry Maguire as a barometer. Man U were desperate and paid well over the odds for a position they had to fill. He is not a £70-80m pound defender as we all well know.

Van Dijk and Dias cost less and they are a country mile in class apart from Maguire.

Is Fofana at that level now? Not for me, certainly not proven enough yet, although he is young and he could get to that level one day.

But for me, paying that price I'd want to buying Baresi/Maldini 2.0 and we are talking elite level of defender here.

We just live in a very strange world now and it's gone out of control.

But hey, if Chelsea pay it, fair play Leicester, you're laughing.

• Subscriber

I think a lot of that is fair. I personally think he will hit those sorts of levels though and it depends on whether Chelsea / PSG agree.

I agree with the Maguire barometer. That was the exception not the rule.

• Administrator

A well-known ITK source has said they his head had been turned and stuff at training ground has been taken away. May not play at all on Sunday... 

Just hope we've got a good fee for him :(

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Jesus. Nobody is safe from Chelsea’s transfer window 🧐

Scatter gun approach. No plan whatsoever. Still unknown if Marina left on her own accord or Boehly dismissed her immediately, but a DoF has to come in before the New Year. I admire the ambition though. 

We were always going to have to pay well over the odds for a CB this window. May as well be the one with the highest potential. 

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Jesus. Nobody is safe from Chelsea’s transfer window 🧐

Blame Barcelona, If they were not so obsessed with trying to model themselves to be like us by signing all the players we wanted we wouldn't be bothering anyone else... One thing that's going to be interesting though, If Tuchel has said he can work with all these players he wants and he gets them even if they are not his first choice then he needs to have a decent season off the back of it... 

Archived