talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

9 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

He’s right. Fury talks so much bollocks it’s untrue but everyone loves him. Where’s the millions he promised to the homeless from his fight with Wilder? :S

Didn't he promise his whole purse? 

I remember my mum even posting on Facebook what a fantastic gesture it was.

I actually think the fame in the U.S has gone to his head a little bit at the moment if I'm honest, I've also noticed some on the photo's of his body don't match the video's of himself on the bag. He posted a video last night and he look a good bit slimmer on the video than his recent photo's in Miami. 

Edited by Devil

Funny that AJ used to get stick for ducking Wilder and then we found out that Wilder’s offer to him involved BT Sport.

Then AJ gets stick for ducking Fury and now we find out Fury didn’t have the option to fight AJ in the first place.

But also funny how Fury and Wilder fans have never called out them for ducking AJ.

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Funny that AJ used to get stick for ducking Wilder and then we found out that Wilder’s offer to him involved BT Sport.

Then AJ gets stick for ducking Fury and now we find out Fury didn’t have the option to fight AJ in the first place.

But also funny how Fury and Wilder fans have never called out them for ducking AJ.

Funny that.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Danny said:

Wilders team could never prove funds also. All they asked for were proof of funds and then everyone said AJ ducked Wilder. The vast majority of Fury fans I can’t stand as they now jump on a bandwagon of calling AJ racist when he’s clearly not. He made a mistake at a very emotional time. 

Funny how nobody calls out Fury for not donation his entire fight purse as he promised to the homeless? The guy talks so so much shite it’s unreal and I’m so bored of him now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 03/06/2021 at 15:01, Danny said:

Matchroom now with DAZN in the UK, leaves Sky open for Warren after BT Sport's financial woes

That won’t happen. 

It’s supposed to be a number of people one of them being john wischhusen. He was previously with Matchroom but left to join ITV when they returned to boxing 5 years ago. 

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

That won’t happen. 

It’s supposed to be a number of people one of them being john wischhusen. He was previously with Matchroom but left to join ITV when they returned to boxing 5 years ago. 

Sky are open to an open service with promoters aren't they? Don't know how long Warren and BT last together with the money issues they've had with the Premier League

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sky are open to an open service with promoters aren't they? Don't know how long Warren and BT last together with the money issues they've had with the Premier League

Yeah. 

I don't think Sky will have just one promoter now, i think they will work with Various. With a people such as John and others heading the Boxing, but not particularly as a promoter.

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, Saturday 24 July 2021

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 (Main Event)

Frank Sanchez vs Efe Ajagba

Robert Helenius vs Adam Kownacki II

Jared Anderson vs Opponent TBC

TV Sat - BT Sport Box Office PPV (UK)

Press Conference live from Los Angeles tonight at 21:00 (UK) Tickets are selling out fast, all the Americans are buying them. (Might be able to reserve some, go ahead and try fight fans)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

FFS

R.I.P. Sebastion.

Chris Eubank's son drowns in Dubai: Boxing legend tells of his 'devastation' as Sebastian is found dead on a beach a month after becoming a father and days before his 30th birthday

Chris Eubank's son Sebastian has drowned at his home in Dubai just a month after becoming a father for the first time, aged 29.

Sebastian, the third oldest of Eubank's five children, was a boxer like his father and fought in light-heavyweight bouts.

The father-of-one was found dead on a beach in the UAE where he lived with his wife Salma and son Raheem.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9774023/Tragedy-boxing-legend-Chris-Eubanks-son-Sebastian-drowns-home-Dubai-aged-29.html

• 4 weeks later...

Bridges vs. Connolly up first. I can see Connolly winning this, what would be a bit of a surprise. I do think Women's boxing needs 3 minute rounds instead of 2.

Shows what I know. Bridges wins by KO in the third round. Johnny Fisher looked impressive as well, stopping Whittaker in the second.

Edited by Mikey

• 3 weeks later...

I am contemplating going to the Joshua v Usyk fight on the 25th of September at Tottenham, it should be a very intriguing and entertaining fight in my opinion. Callum Smith is also fighting on the undercard and he should destroy Lenin Castillo really. Tickets for the fight event sold out 24 hours after they were put up for sale to the general public on the 3rd of August. Now many of those buyers are selling those same tickets online for double the price they bought them for.

Anyhow, I just wanted to ask, do you need to get vaccinated to go and watch a boxing event like the Joshua v Usyk fight? I have read that the idea of vaccine passports has been ditched for this particular fight, but from my understanding, a vaccine passport would prove that a person has taken the vaccine twice. But what if a person is unvaccinated and hasn't even taken one vaccine jab, would they be allowed to attend the Joshua v Usyk fight?

My second question is what are your opinions on the fight between Joshua and Usyk?

Many are predicting that Joshua's size and power will overwhelm the smaller boxer Usyk. However, Usyk is an extremely skilled boxer if ever there was one. His footwork, movement and punching accuracy is second to none in my view. He out-skilled the heavier Chisora in his last fight from what I saw.

But of course Joshua is a different proposition. He holds all the major belts and is the heavyweight champion of the world for good reason. I think the smaller details could play a major role in this fight and I believe that Joshua's height is a significant advantage. He will try and keep Usyk at arms length. Usyk will probably find it harder to hit Joshua for this reason, unlike the success he found against the shorter Chisora. Either way, I anticipate a very enjoyable heavyweight contest.

• Subscriber
On 23/08/2021 at 21:44, Michael said:

I am contemplating going to the Joshua v Usyk fight on the 25th of September at Tottenham, it should be a very intriguing and entertaining fight in my opinion. Callum Smith is also fighting on the undercard and he should destroy Lenin Castillo really. Tickets for the fight event sold out 24 hours after they were put up for sale to the general public on the 3rd of August. Now many of those buyers are selling those same tickets online for double the price they bought them for.

Anyhow, I just wanted to ask, do you need to get vaccinated to go and watch a boxing event like the Joshua v Usyk fight? I have read that the idea of vaccine passports has been ditched for this particular fight, but from my understanding, a vaccine passport would prove that a person has taken the vaccine twice. But what if a person is unvaccinated and hasn't even taken one vaccine jab, would they be allowed to attend the Joshua v Usyk fight?

My second question is what are your opinions on the fight between Joshua and Usyk?

Many are predicting that Joshua's size and power will overwhelm the smaller boxer Usyk. However, Usyk is an extremely skilled boxer if ever there was one. His footwork, movement and punching accuracy is second to none in my view. He out-skilled the heavier Chisora in his last fight from what I saw.

But of course Joshua is a different proposition. He holds all the major belts and is the heavyweight champion of the world for good reason. I think the smaller details could play a major role in this fight and I believe that Joshua's height is a significant advantage. He will try and keep Usyk at arms length. Usyk will probably find it harder to hit Joshua for this reason, unlike the success he found against the shorter Chisora. Either way, I anticipate a very enjoyable heavyweight contest.

If I knew anyone on here wanted to go I would have bought them the tickets and posted them! I get early access to any Matchroom tickets so I got mine the day before they went on public sale. Even that was still hard! Me and 2 of my friends are going… I can not wait!!!

For me it’s a 50/50 fight. Usyk is a better boxer than AJ, but hopefully AJ has too much overall for Usyk. 

Not heard anything as of yet regarding Vaccines, I’m lee to believe that these kind of passports will be introduced after this fight. 

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

If I knew anyone on here wanted to go I would have bought them the tickets and posted them! I get early access to any Matchroom tickets so I got mine the day before they went on public sale.

Is this because you personally wax Eddie’s balls at the weekend? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Decent card tonight in Leeds. I know a few lads going but I’m saving myself for the big one so be watching from home. 

Fight predictions:

Lara-Warrington rematch. Warrington win by KO in the 7th.

This really could go either way and Lara may have his number, I just feel that Josh will be helped by the incredible atmosphere there will be and he will box smarter. I’m initially thinking him on points but he just cannot avoid a scrap he’s always in exciting fights and will want to send a message. Hope he wins either way but wouldn’t be shocked to see him get beat either.

Katie Taylor - Jennifer Han. Taylor by stoppage in round 3.

Total mismatch. Taylor is the women’s pound for pound number 1, and this is her mandatory challenger for one of her many belts.. but I expect her to send a statement tonight and get an early KO. She’s not known for KO power but if it happens it will be a barrage of punches.

Conor Benn - Adrian Granados. Benn by KO. Round 5.

Benn to make a statement and call out Amir Khan or the winner of Khan-Brook which seems likely to be happening.

Rest of the card… wins for Straffon, Bridges, Price, Bateson and Stansfield.

So unfortunate we didn't get to see Warrington and Lara have a good old tear up. Literally only had a round to go off but it looked an evens stevens fight with both prepared to have a pop.

Just a shame Lara got such a bad cut that early on. It was totally the right call by the referee but still, all that build up and the main event is stopped 2nd round on a technical draw.

That cut will take ages to heal in all. Warrington is surely going to have to go fight someone else and come back to that if they both still want it.

• Subscriber

Warrington looked a totally different animal in those 2 rounds and more like his old self. He took Lara’s best shots and didn’t look phased by them. 

He wants the trilogy fight and said he will be willing to wait but if a chance against Santa Cruz or Navarette comes up I fully expect him to take that fight.

Edited by JoshBRFC

• 3 weeks later...