football forums

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

US & Canada

CNN sues Trump over Jim Acosta's credential suspension

1 hour ago

CNN has filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration after the White House suspended the credentials of one of its senior journalists.

Its chief White House correspondent, Jim Acosta, had his press "hard pass" revoked last week hours after he got into a testy exchange with Mr Trump.

The network alleges this violates its and Acosta's constitutional rights.

The lawsuit, filed in Washington DC on Tuesday, names the president and other senior aides as defendants.

Among those named are Chief of Staff John Kelly and White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, who cited unacceptable conduct for the revocation of Acosta's pass.

In a Twitter thread after the incident, Ms Sanders accused Acosta of "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job" - referring to a White House intern who had tried to get the microphone away from him during a news conference.

Acosta strongly denied any wrongdoing, labelling the White House's accusation "a lie".

The press secretary later shared a zoomed in clip of the incident, which experts have suggested was doctored to alter its speed.

(More vv)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46198987

They used a doctored video from InfoWars when they alleged he was touching the intern. xD Imagine though, you're in the White House press conference room - a room that is literally full of cameras recording everything that's going on. And you decide to run with footage that's easily disproven.

I don't like that this administration is so blatantly malicious. But at least they're incompetent - malicious and competent would be so much more unpleasant.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They used a doctored video from InfoWars when they alleged he was touching the intern. xD Imagine though, you're in the White House press conference room - a room that is literally full of cameras recording everything that's going on. And you decide to run with footage that's easily disproven.

I don't like that this administration is so blatantly malicious. But at least they're incompetent - malicious and competent would be so much more unpleasant.

People are very easily duped mate.  Plus people love to believe in unicorns it seems.

• Subscriber

I wonder how he is going to act on this one, waiting on his tweets. 

Trump ordered to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's access

A judge in Washington DC has ordered the White House to return CNN reporter Jim Acosta's press pass after it was revoked by the US Secret Service.

The judge's order says that the pass must be reinstated as a CNN lawsuit against Donald Trump continues.

Mr. Acosta's press pass was taken after he clashed with the president during a news conference earlier this month.

The judge said the White House decision likely violated the journalist's right to due process and freedom of speech.

Speaking outside the court, Mr. Acosta praised the decision and told reporters "let's go back to work".

White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said they would comply with the order, and would "also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future".

"There must be decorum at the White House," she added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46240975

1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

Piss myself laughing if he did appeal and the judge he appointed turns the appeal down.

The process of an appeal will just delay Acosta from entering the white house even more. The appeal would then go towards the supreme court, which the majority are republicans...

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

He'll  appeal it and take it to the supreme court. Funny enough it was a judge Trump appointed. 

He's appointing conservative justices but since he isn't really conservative himself i wouldn't take favourable outcomes for granted except maybe in the supreme court. 

36 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Entertaining but grimly depressing. I think human beings will be gone relatively shortly, I'd urge people not to reproduce if you care about children.

I agree!

The underlying foundations of everything that's occurring are very depressing and don't bode well for our children at all.  It isn't just what we're doing to our planet that is giving an uncertain future to the next generations but other decisions made also limit our children's futures and all because of our prejudices.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

:rofl:

I think Trump is brilliant!

Imagine having the leader of your country being so ridiculous. xD

Never has politics been so entertaining. 

He has me shivering as a superpower world leader, guys like him could cause a world war, the quicker he is gone the better. 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm also not sure why the guy who has done more for easing tensions with Korea and Russia than his last 2 predecessors combined is being hailed as the demon of the nuclear war .

Stupidity does not equal malice.

He's both the embodiment of and reason why people's faith in leaders is at such a low point. 

17 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fine. I have no problem with that. But that doesn't make him bloodthirsty. 

Butt is the comment that trump will start a nuclear holocaust? Or that the trajectory overall seems grim? 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Butt is the comment that trump will start a nuclear holocaust? Or that the trajectory overall seems grim? 

Like I said, he's done more for peace with Korea and eased tensions with russia more than Obama or Bush ever did. On the strength of that evidence he'd be less likely to spark nuclear war. He's just dumb, not vicious.

Archived