• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 17 Fixtures - 26-28th December, 2022

football forums

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Wasn’t even a foul mate. The player literally fell over Casemiro after playing a nothing ball. If it’s offside, it’s offside.

13 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

But VAR got it right in the end.

Calm down... I am only playing.. xD

24 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not gonna lie, was so worried about Casemiro in those first few games. He’s an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. 

He's better than I thought he was, absolutely monster in every department.

Antony, jury is out but its early.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Steve Cooper always looks like he just got out from 25 years hard time... 

And has the facial expression of someone that's about to be send down for another 25.

11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s on fraud watch at the minute.

Hopefully he will adjust to the league with time but at the moment he's looking costly to say the least.

Having said that he does bring a balance to our side on the right.

When you think Sancho has been here 18 months, I'd say Antony has had more better moments in the last 3 months than he's had since he came.

If he was 40 million it's a different story but 90 million, I'd have expected far more for my money.

Miguel Almiron

I remember when he was playing for Atlanta United in the MLS. He was always second fiddle to another South American player who was hogging all the limelight.The other player disappeared into the ether as far as I know

When I saw he went to Newcastle I hoped it would pan out. He didn't score much in the early years but I always rated him as he would put in a shift and chase and chase. Back then, he always had a smile on his boat.

Since Eddie and co came in, he's a player reborn. I'm ever so pleased for him as he's worked hard to get there. Long may he keep his grin!

5 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

Miguel Almiron

I remember when he was playing for Atlanta United in the MLS. He was always second fiddle to another South American player who was hogging all the limelight.The other player disappeared into the ether as far as I know

When I saw he went to Newcastle I hoped it would pan out. He didn't score much in the early years but I always rated him as he would put in a shift and chase and chase. Back then, he always had a smile on his boat.

Since Eddie and co came in, he's a player reborn. I'm ever so pleased for him as he's worked hard to get there. Long may he keep his grin!

Bruce ruined him often playing him in a more deep midfield role with defensive duties.   Howe just is far more dynamic.   Almiron is being utilised properly.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

Miguel Almiron

Josef Martinez. 

I wouldn't say he was second fiddle, but they did combine well and Almiron was exactly how he is now. But MLS is different level and not as physical so it was easier. Atlanta would usually play counter attack and his pace was perfect for it. Had to adjust to PL but seems like he most definitely has. 

Martinez suffered a bad leg break I think. 

the goal Almiron scored was really down to continuing a horizontal run, he has excelled in a similar role to Salah playing as a inverted forward.  

I would say Howe and Tindle are the big factors considering the team hasn't really bought wow factor.   trippier was a steal and Bruno is probably not even a finished product.   the jury is out on isak 

Really enjoyed Christmas and the last couple days without Leeds but it's Wednesday the 28th and here we are, City home.

Tyler Adams suspended which doesn't help our cause one bit. All the talk will be about Haaland obviously but I think De Bruyne looks the dangerman for me.

He looked proper pissed off at the World Cup and really destroyed Liverpool so I'm expecting him to grab this game and make it his. He'll get more time on the ball too without Adams shutting him down.

City to score at least 3. They'll come out the blocks fast and look to win the game in the first half so they can keep things fresh and rotate for Everton on Saturday. 

May as well look straight to Newcastle away Saturday. That looks fun too.

2 hours ago, N U F C said:

First chance I've had to comment on our game, was quite unsure about it given the break and how well Leicester had been doing beforehand but we killed it early on.

Can't afford a slip-up against Leeds now.

Can’t see it to be honest. Lack of European football only cements that view as well.

26 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Tonight's team

Ederson

Lewis - Stones - Akanji - Ake

De Bruyne - Rodri - Gundogan

Mahrez - Haaland - Grealish

Bloody hell got Foden in my fantasy.

Trippier is first sub and he's got 12 points. You just know Pep will give him 10 minutes and I will get 1 point for Foden now.

Edit... And I've Cancelo as well.

Archived