• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 3-0 Leicester - Sunday 19th February, 2023

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Really surprised Sabitzer didn't see red for that challenge. He's late, nowhere near the ball, and has clearly connected with the knee. 

There's the momentum there and clearly force there. It's quite clearly dangerous? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Really surprised Sabitzer didn't see red for that challenge. He's late, nowhere near the ball, and has clearly connected with the knee. 

There's the momentum there and clearly force there. It's quite clearly dangerous? 

It’s dangerous, but not forceful. Had there been force, it would have resulted in a very serious injury. Still red though.

• Administrator

Nah, in all honesty, as bad as the Sabitzer tackle/Rashford offside call was (the line's not even straight ffs), we were utterly abject in the 2nd half and Man Utd deserved the win. Could have had about 4 or 5 in all honesty. Looked a shadow of ourselves from how the first half was. Begs the question what Rodgers said at HT to the team.

What he/we failed to do, was respond to Ten Hag's tactical changes.

Ten Hag has galvanised Man Utd. And not just personnel. He's given the team some organisation, belief, spirit and confidence. The difference in mentality between the 2 squads was so clear to see, especially after HT.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 3-0 Leicester - Sunday 19th February, 2023
  • Administrator

I'm still fuming about the Sabitzer thing. It may not have changed the outcome of the game but it's such a bad decision. 

The ref is literally right in front of it. Begs the question what did he see? 

Rashford was horrid for several years, utterly shite. Never had his head up, never gave effort, when he accidentally found himself in front of goal he'd side foot it wide or at the keeper. 

Completely different player now, but were I a united fan I'd not forget how shit he CHOSE to be for years while being paid. 

11 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I can never get my head around why City sold that young lad, I would have had him like a shot for United if I was the manager, started off in Man Citys youth team and worked his way into the first team, @Happy Blue, why the FUCK did you lot sell him?

PS. Vardy is on the bench, I hope he stays there. O.o

I said at the time we should of kept him

• Subscriber

Reflected on it a bit more, watched the highlights back, I think we were quite unlucky to be behind at half time and I can't really criticise the manager. We're usually very efficient finishers so it went the opposite way yesterday, we should've definitely had a goal in the first half.

It descended into a shambles though and they thrashed us in the end. The root of it for me is persisting with this goalkeeper. He is terrible. He won't change him but he's just awful. The subs in the second half were poor as well. I really, really don't get Soumare. What do so many of our younger fans see in him that I'm missing?

Credit to Forest for getting Keylor Navas but you can't help but watch Leicester and think a Top 'Keeper like him get's them a few extra points.

Ward just doesn't pull off enough match winning saves when it comes to the crunch. De Gea saved United tbh.

Knowing Navas was available surely has to hurt Leicester a bit.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

A little, but we've also got Iversen who surely deserves a go. I just hope Rodgers' stubbornness to stick with Ward doesn't come back to haunt us. It is a major weak link in the side. 

I dread to think what wages Navas is on! 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Lucas said:

Credit to Forest for getting Keylor Navas but you can't help but watch Leicester and think a Top 'Keeper like him get's them a few extra points.

Ward just doesn't pull off enough match winning saves when it comes to the crunch. De Gea saved United tbh.

Their third choice keeper keeps our first choice out of Wales' team. They're so far ahead of us in this department it's unreal. I suggested we go for Navas in the summer but I didn't think it was realistic - well it certainly was if newly promoted Forest can get him.

I really would want to hear his genuine rationale for picking Ward. He must think Iversen is terrible is the only solution, but how bad can he be? Ward wouldn't win Preston player of the season, I'm pretty sure of that. It must be such a mental boost for an opposition knowing you're up against him. I felt it a bit with Spurs last week knowing Forster was going to play (who I think is pretty awful as well).

Schmeichel had declined no doubt but this was the gap we really didn't plug and what worried me was that we didn't seem to even see it as an issue. There were no links at all.

I'd go as far as saying we'd be not in the relegation discussion if we had even the 14th best keeper in the league. Ward's the worst keeper in the division by an absolute distance. He's absolutely piss poor.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived