talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 30 Fixtures - 8-9th April 2023

Frustrating game to lose, could and should have been 2-0 up at half time. Wouldnt say Newcastle were the better team, though they had a strong 45-60min period, but they were definitely more clinical and thats why they won. They had a couple chances towards the end but that was mainly cos we had to go all out attack but Raya done great to keep us in it.

Frustrating team to lose to, very dirty, dark arts play today, they know how to grind results out. Great when its your team, horrible when its against you.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Frustrating game to lose, could and should have been 2-0 up at half time. Wouldnt say Newcastle were the better team, though they had a strong 45-60min period, but they were definitely more clinical and thats why they won. They had a couple chances towards the end but that was mainly cos we had to go all out attack but Raya done great to keep us in it.

Frustrating team to lose to, very dirty, dark arts play today, they know how to grind results out. Great when its your team, horrible when its against you.

Not sure what dark arts,  it seemed every time the ball went into our box they were looking for VAR,  the only decision VAR got right was the Toney off side,  the second was never a penalty and the Wilson goal was no commonsense at all,  it hit him on the sleeve badge,  hit Toney and came back to him,  it was basically shouldered. 

Isak's goal was thumping. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Storts said:

We absolutely robbed Brighton today. Comical. Attwell is the worst ref in the business 

What happened with Stellini/De Zerbi?

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Dan said:

Our rumoured XI is horrific. Surely they can't be serious. It contains both Amartey and Soumare, Ricardo on the wing.

I just about fancied us to scrape this (although we don't ever tend to scrape games so fuck knows why, randomness is my only justification) but if the rumoured XI is true I think we'll get beaten.

If we don't win this they're going to panic and appoint somebody like Marsch. I'm at a point where I'd take Allardyce until May.

Yep called all of it.

I hit a point about 75 minutes into that game today where I'd have felt sorry for Bournemouth if we'd equalised. They were so much better than us in every department. I think if that had ended 0-4 nobody could've had any serious complaints.

This is the most dislikeable Leicester side of my lifetime. I'd happily have every single one of them out the door now. You can't hide behind Rodgers anymore. You've had enough chances. You've had enough excuses made for you (including from me) and what do they serve up?

This lot have nothing to fight for. They'll be alright. None of them give a shit about us.

A club that rested on its laurels. A club that rewarded the wrong people.

Top out. Rudkin out. Whelan out. Time for substantial changes - because the only way we're getting out the Championship is down again with these fucking shithouses.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Speaking of dark arts, how about absolutely drenching the pitch after the warm up right before the players come out. Then having your ball boys switch the ball for your every throw in and corner and towel dry the original ball for the next occasion, but only for the home team. 

We were poor in the first half, deservedly behind, though Brentford certainly weren't good enough to say they should have been 2 up. 

The half time changes were superb by Howe. First 25 minutes of the 2nd half we were thoroughly dominant, upped a gear and overpowered in that spell. You could strongly sense the equaliser and then the victory was coming. 

Don't think this was a grind out in the classical sense. Not ugly. Not backs against the wall. An off day but where upped a gear for the right amount of time. A sign of a good team.

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

World class from Haaland 3-0 hope he's groans ok lol

He's absolutely amazing but it's not a touch on Rooney's.

First of all he had age to think about it, second it was closer. Rooney's was one of the greatest goal moments in English football history.

I'd say that without biased as well.

• Subscriber

We've even managed to bodge up the caretakers. It's absolutely laughable - there is so little football nous at this club it's unbelievable. With each passing week the issue is even deeper than I realised. They get even the 50/50 decisions wrong. They're the types who'll stop at green lights. The thick cunts.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

We've even managed to bodge up the caretakers. It's absolutely laughable - there is so little football nous at this club it's unbelievable. With each passing week the issue is even deeper than I realised. They get even the 50/50 decisions wrong. They're the types who'll stop at green lights. The thick cunts.

Tbf it’s easy to get 50-50 decisions wrong. I think the big issue was getting rid of Rodgers at the right time before too much rot sets in. Because it’s a massive job undoing that, getting players to have confidence again, unloading the dickheads with incurably shit attitudes etc.

I think it’s too late, I’m sorry to say. Anything this late in the season is a roll of the dice & desperate gambles are easy to fuck up. You’ve basically just got to hope there’s enough teams more shit than you to save you.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf it’s easy to get 50-50 decisions wrong. I think the big issue was getting rid of Rodgers at the right time before too much rot sets in. Because it’s a massive job undoing that, getting players to have confidence again, unloading the dickheads with incurably shit attitudes etc.

I think it’s too late, I’m sorry to say. Anything this late in the season is a roll of the dice & desperate gambles are easy to fuck up. You’ve basically just got to hope there’s enough teams more shit than you to save you.

Lars Knudsen has more managerial experience than the others so he should naturally be caretaker. I think even if Marsch falls through we have to change the caretakers for next week. That lineup was embarrassing - I'm at a point where I honestly don't think I could do worse.

We're done for sure. I think we might completely crash Norwich / Sunderland style now. Would genuinely not be shocked if we were to not pick up another point.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

He's absolutely amazing but it's not a touch on Rooney's.

First of all he had age to think about it, second it was closer. Rooney's was one of the greatest goal moments in English football history.

I'd say that without biased as well.

I was just fishing mate lol  ..i've no doubt Haaland will be the greatest goal scorer the Prem has ever seen though

Archived