talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Declan Rice Signs for Arsenal

• The title was changed to Declan Rice - Likely to Sign for Arsenal
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports are that West Ham have rejected the initial bid from Arsenal. Man City are rumoured to be interested now. To be honest, I can see Chelsea deciding to just come in and pay whatever's needed to get it done without negotiating.

Arsenal will lose out on Rice because they pissed about. Did they honestly expect 80m to do it? West Ham have thrown 120m price tags around, at least go in strong with 100m and just have it done. If you’re swilling to spend 90m, just pay the 100. City will swoop in now and take him away. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Arsenal will lose out on Rice because they pissed about. Did they honestly expect 80m to do it? West Ham have thrown 120m price tags around, at least go in strong with 100m and just have it done. If you’re swilling to spend 90m, just pay the 100. City will swoop in now and take him away. 

they lost out on Mudryk for the same thing.  

• Subscriber

If City manage to hijack this deal as well then we're getting even closer to the point where there needs to be some form of regulation applied to transfer spending or number of signings otherwise Man City will eventually build an absolute monopoly over English football. It's going to look much the same as Bayern in Germany.

59 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If City manage to hijack this deal as well then we're getting even closer to the point where there needs to be some form of regulation applied to transfer spending or number of signings otherwise Man City will eventually build an absolute monopoly over English football. It's going to look much the same as Bayern in Germany.

This is a big misconception, net spend City are middle of the premier league over the last 5 years and our squad is not that deep, we have about 17 decent players to cover 3 games a week and just lost Gundogan with Bernardo, Laporte, Mahrez potentially leaving too and Phillips could be part of the Rice deal. next season could be a big drop off from us with the amount of players we might need to replace, it takes time to learn Pep's way of playing. we are just lucky we have 300million in prize money this season with 200million saved up from past seasons with us not spending much plus player sales

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Chelsea are as bad, just they are less good at the actual football bit. 

Anything above £75m is too much for him in my opinion. I'd love him here but I'd rather pass if we're being drawn into a bidding war with the likes of Man City and Chelsea. It's a waste of time.

8 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

they lost out on Mudryk for the same thing.  

And thank fuck for that.

25 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Anything above £75m is too much for him in my opinion. I'd love him here but I'd rather pass if we're being drawn into a bidding war with the likes of Man City and Chelsea. It's a waste of time.

And thank fuck for that.

hindsight is 20-20, if he was a instant success it would not have been good.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

And thank fuck for that.

He's not even worth 75million in my opinion to the buying team but to WHU and what they lose he's worth every penny to them like with Grealish, we paid what he was worth to Villa rather than what Jack was actually worth, still don't rate him, average player

• The title was changed to Declan Rice Signs for Arsenal

Archived