talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League FINAL - Man City 1-0 Inter Milan - Saturday 10th June, 2023

Just now, Whiskey said:

You keep telling yourself that.

I will, you don't care because Everton are nothing. It doesn't effect you.

Simple as that. 

Hope you get banned alongside them now.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rick said:

They are rats, can’t stand the club. 

You calling them a “credit to English football” is a shocking take. I can’t even reply to that. 

Grealish, Walker, Foden, Carson, Stones.

Might have missed someone out but all English. It's great to see, treble winners with a spine of all English. The nation was behind them tonight - they did us proud.

Just now, Devil said:

I will, you don't care because Everton are nothing. It doesn't effect you.

Simple as that. 

Hope you get banned alongside them now.

Everton aren't we. 

eVeRtOn r rUbbIsH sO sTfU.

Tonight is the night you factually moved into City's shadow.

Just now, Whiskey said:

Hahahahah what's with the sly dig at us. Heads gone.

Sly dig at a nothing club, no. My head isn't gone. It's been the same mindset for ages, tonight was always coming, I always said it.

Just now, Danny said:

“we sold our souls fairly”

Premier League is truly fucked if you think City and Chelsea were the start of this problem

You're boring mate.

Everyone else earned their money fairly, it's that simple.

Just now, Devil said:

Sly dig at a nothing club, no. My head isn't gone. It's been the same mindset for ages, tonight was always coming, I always said it.

A nothing club that was never mentioned yet we're constantly in your head. This is a thread discussing United, City and Inter yet inside two posts you're crying about Everton. Shows how far you've fallen that you're even mentioning us tbh.

Glad you've accepted my point though, so fair enough I guess.

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Everton aren't we. 

eVeRtOn r rUbbIsH sO sTfU.

Tonight is the night you factually moved into City's shadow.

No mate, we will never move into their shadow. I live in Manchester, you wouldn't have even known there was a final tonight.

The day we are in this final the place is mental, a bit like Liverpool when they are as well.

Similar clubs, babies in comparison.

1 minute ago, Devil said:

You're boring mate.

City earned their money fairly you bad gimp. They were taken over and funded just like anyone else, they just scouted much better and built better, leaving you behind and you can't accept it.

Just now, Devil said:

You're boring mate.

whats boring is continuously begging for a particular time of massive financial disparity which destroyed fair competition simply because it suited your club then rather than now

No mate, we will never move into their shadow. I live in Manchester, you wouldn't have even known there was a final tonight.

The day we are in this final the place is mental, a bit like Liverpool when they are as well.

Similar clubs, babies in comparison.

You literally are. I don't think it's even up for argument.

Just now, Whiskey said:

A nothing club that was never mentioned yet we're constantly in your head. This is a thread discussing United, City and Inter yet inside two posts you're crying about Everton. Shows how far you've fallen that you're even mentioning us tbh.

Glad you've accepted my point though, so fair enough I guess.

Everton only came into it because you defend City and I think its only the shit clubs sides that don't care and say United and Liverpool fans are bitter.

Everton only came into it because you defend City and I think its only the shit clubs sides that don't care and say United and Liverpool fans are bitter.

So basically nobody is allowed an opinion unless it matches yours xD. Right.

City earned their money fairly you bad gimp. They were taken over and funded just like anyone else, they just scouted much better and built better, leaving you behind and you can't accept it.

Bad gimp 😂

You've gone to that level. I won't take it to personal insults, it was sport related to me. Don't agree with you at all.

So basically nobody is allowed an opinion unless it matches yours xD. Right.

Yes, but I'm also allowed my opinion and mine is you only don't give a fuck because your not relevant.

Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

whats boring is continuously begging for a particular time of massive financial disparity which destroyed fair competition simply because it suited your club then rather than now

I will read this back when I want to go to sleep later.

10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

We are relevant because you keep posting about us.

No, I commented on a post by a post by a Liverpool fan, you came at me.

I have an opinion that it's only clubs that aren't actually effected by City that aren't arsed by their clear financial cheating. So I said that to you.

You went personal referring to me as a gimp. As far as I'm concerned you can go fuck yourself. 

If you're upset about anything I've said about your club go cry about it. I don't personally give a fuck about your personal insulted directed toward me.

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

you’re already dreaming believing United are a victim in this

When you're back in League 1 this discussion won't be relevant to you anyway so I'm not even engaging in your sad hatred for United. 

We earned money through a period of football boom, should we apologise for that. We didn't get oil wealth thrown in our lap to buy our way, we earned it.. 

You know it is true really.

28 minutes ago, Devil said:

When you're back in League 1 this discussion won't be relevant to you anyway so I'm not even engaging in your sad hatred for United. 

We earned money through a period of football boom, should we apologise got that. We didn't get oil wealth thrown in our lap to buy our way, we earned it.. 

You know it is true really.

mate I really don’t care one way or the other about Man Utd or it’s fans, you can hold a consistent criticism of a club without having a hatred for that club. We aren’t 12 year olds on twitter.

There is ultimately a strong irony in you believing City are turning the Prem into the Bundesliga without realising the similarities between Man Utd and Bayern’s financial rise in the 90s/00s that created a monopoly in their respective leagues based off of disproportionately distributed tv money and prize money that helped encourage giant sponsorship and selling of merchandise abroad. All of this stifled competition as resources were ringfenced only for those who finished near or at the top, this gave birth to Chelsea and City, whether you like it or not, as they are able to eventually use these resources to become close to sustainable.

In fact since the Premier League was created the variety of teams who have won the league has continuously shrunk compared to the Division 1 days, much the same with the Champions League after the European Cup was rebranded. TV and prize money from the domestic league and european competition has directly stifled competition. I really don’t get your angle. Your issue isn’t that a team has massive wealth, created more barriers to success for other teams and further stifled competition. Your issue is that the specific way it has been done goes against an arbitrary set of laws that discourage fair competition and the shaking up of status quos. I don’t know how that’s not obviously a ridiculous thing to think.

Comments about Brentford really don’t bother me, we’ve had this for the past decade from “big” clubs and have continued to build success year on year, we are now actually the only team to ever do the double over a treble winning side and it’s been done on a bottom 3 budget. We will be in the Prem for a long time to come, you will struggle to find a better run club in the division. It’s just a shame that barring a complete anomaly i.e. Leicester City being in a title race with Tottenham of all teams as other major clubs all sack their managers in the same season, success in terms of winning the league will only ever be available to teams that can afford to spend close to or over a billion just to struggle to finish in the top 4, like yourselves, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived