talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League FINAL - Man City 1-0 Inter Milan - Saturday 10th June, 2023

21 minutes ago, Devil said:

Just to make matters even more a comedy, I've just been out in the car Talksport have dedicated an afternoon call in to get fans opinions on the Manchester City situation.

It's less than 24 hours since it was won and its all about does it sit easy with anyone.

United or Liverpool win it there is nearly a million people on the street of the City celebrating. 🤣

Glad you've taken steps to calm yourself down.

Thanks for the post above too, apology accepted 👍

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

We’d still get more out on the streets for that than you would for your tainted treble tbf :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Mate, try that one someone who hasn't seen the success I have in my lifetime.

Like DLM said, we'd get more out for the League Cup than you would your treble parade. That's a fact as well.

We will find out tomorrow wont we when we parade the Premier League, Fa Cup & Champions League :hh::ph34r: 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We will find out tomorrow wont we when we parade the Premier League, Fa Cup & Champions League :hh::ph34r: 

Not sure there’s enough buses in Stockport to get all 5 of you there. All the kids are in school as well so you that’s at least 40,000 less on your attendance xD

6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Glad you've taken steps to calm yourself down.

Thanks for the post above too, apology accepted 👍

I take it you've been drinking. 

That's the only explanation surely as you've now gone from talking rubbish in a football debate to making random rubbish up in the hope you get some sort of bite.

Basically a Happy Blue disciple.

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Already know what you will do, a really short route through town so it appears its packed and then either the town hall or the Etihad with loads of fireworks.

We used to go from Sale, all the way down past Old Trafford into Manchester, you couldn't move for people.

That's me being sensible in response and not like a child like you. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

We used to go from Sale, all the way down past Old Trafford into Manchester, you couldn't move for people.

That's me being sensible in response and not like a child like you. 

Key word, used too xD united are firmly in our shadow now you have less supporters than us in Manchester, your clubs dying and so is your fan base

20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Key word, used too xD united are firmly in our shadow now you have less supporters than us in Manchester, your clubs dying and so is your fan base

72k sell out every home game.

Hard facts mate, hardly dying.

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

I think you give half of them tickets away for free tbh

That was the old City trick to be fair, I think they offered them out free in my primary school every week.

Man City have broken man united and liverpool fans.

- Fake 

- Plastic

- Tarnished

- Fixed

- not real

- hollow feeling

Pretty much loser mentality,  It is about growing a franchise, City are proof that running a club properly is the root to success and sustainable success and now they are building a dynasty. 

It is like saying that Lewis Hamilton's achievements are worth nothing because he was taken care off by Ron Dennis and McLaren from a young age and had a silver spoon in his mouth,  when compared to Schumacher and Alonso who had to do it the hard way.  Is it cheaper,  no it isn't.   People just hate/envy those that are successful, it is human nature. 

6 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

The cost of players is not an indicator of success,  Man United and Chelsea are proof of that,  while teams like Brighton are indicative of pricet ag means fuck all.   You can overpay for a bad player much easier than you can for a good player. Inter have built a cheaper team that played well to get as far as they did,  well done to them. 

43 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Man City have broken man united and liverpool fans.

- Fake 

- Plastic

- Tarnished

- Fixed

- not real

- hollow feeling

Pretty much loser mentality,  It is about growing a franchise, City are proof that running a club properly is the root to success and sustainable success and now they are building a dynasty. 

It is like saying that Lewis Hamilton's achievements are worth nothing because he was taken care off by Ron Dennis and McLaren from a young age and had a silver spoon in his mouth,  when compared to Schumacher and Alonso who had to do it the hard way.  Is it cheaper,  no it isn't.   People just hate/envy those that are successful, it is human nature. 

Lewis Hamilton famous for his silver spoon afforded by his dad working as a contractor and dishwasher.

56 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Pretty sure Dwight Yorke and Jaap Stam cost more than the Bayern Munich XI but that won't fit the United fans agenda.

It’s hard to find transfer numbers that far back on the Bundesliga, at least in English. I think Kahn was a record fee, but you are right, I doubt Bayern’s team was as expensive as United’s.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Lewis Hamilton famous for his silver spoon afforded by his dad working as a contractor and dishwasher.

before being signed by Mclaren at like 11 and going through the Mclaren driving academy where he was given the highway to F1.   The point being that his success is not cheaper or better than say Michael Schumacher

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

before being signed by Mclaren at like 11 and going through the Mclaren driving academy where he was given the highway to F1.   The point being that his success is not cheaper or better than say Michael Schumacher

You are being ridiculous. Living in near poverty and working several jobs just to afford an opportunity isn’t privilege or silver spoon. The Hamilton’s sacrificed a lot to give their son an opportunity, and he succeeded. At age 22… not 11 he signed for MacLaren, before that he was in their development program.

I've read a lot of comments on social media since City's win and I find it amusing when I see United fans claiming they did it the honourable way and City have just bought it etc.

Hang on a minute. This from a club that used to hold such a grip over the officials in this league and Fergie knew it, the cheek of it xD

He actively encouraged his team to always surround the ref and intimidate him when it came to decision making and knew the ref wouldn't want to face him in the tunnel. 

It used to wind me up something chronic how many penalties didn't get awarded at Old Trafford, or how many times the officials played on till they bagged that last minute winner.

I bet if United were drawing and Fergie was managing them now in today's climate, they'd probably get 22mins injury time to score! xD

Look, jokes aside, I just think sometimes as much as it hurts, you got to say 'Fair play, they deserve it' and acknowledge the greatness of a team. It'll hurt the United's and Liverpool's because they have had their decades of domination but they are in the shadow of someone elses now.

City should have won at least a couple European Cups by now in truth, could even argue maybe the treble sooner than they actually have but they have finally achieved both and you have to praise them for what they have done on the pitch.

Blown everyone away and thoroughly deserved it. It's up to everyone else now to get better.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived