talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kylian Mbappe Refusing to Sign Contract Extension

Hooray another summer long M'bappe saga.

It’s a big summer for PSG. New manager (again), Messi leaving. Ramos leaving, Neymar potentially leaving and a couple of the other big names potentially leaving. This is probably his way of both putting pressure on them (be that the general level of players, certain players, etc), and giving himself an “out” if he doesn’t like what they’re doing.

A but like when Wayne Rooney did it and got a new contract at Man United out of it, which also met the requirement of them keeping good players which was what had upset him to begin with.

• The title was changed to Kylian Mbappe Refusing to Sign Contract Extension
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:
It’s a big summer for PSG. New manager (again), Messi leaving. Ramos leaving, Neymar potentially leaving and a couple of the other big names potentially leaving.

Apart from Messi, Neymar, and Mbappe, they didn't really have any other attackers (except for Ekitike that did nothing) so they were already short in that area. Without Messi and question marks over Neymar & Mbappe, they're gonna be desperate. Then there's the players on loan that they want to get rid of. Can't see them cleaning all this up in one summer or with the addition of the winter window.

55 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

PSG want Bernardo & Laporte, i wonder :35_thinking: ..could play in a front 3 with Haaland & Foden. seem's a bit of a knob though

I might have sun stroke but i'm getting into this now :hh:

Ederson

Stones     -        Dias

Walker      -        Rodrigo       -      Gvardiol 

De Bruyne    -    Gundogan     

Mbappe        -   Haaland  -        Foden       

Mbappe, Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo.

Four players that have changed the transfer market forever, Neymar is now faced with the real prospect of nobody inside of Europe willing to sign him, even on a free transfer.

Mbappe would be high on a lot of teams transfer lists but his wage, fee and all round attitude would limit it to maybe 2 clubs in European football. 

Messi and Ronaldo now move about for nothing but command salaries no club aside from Gulf states or MLS league backed consortium's can afford.

Neymar might have no choice but to go to Saudi as nobody else can afford him

Edited by Devil

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I might have sun stroke but i'm getting into this now :hh:

Ederson

Stones     -        Dias

Walker      -        Rodrigo       -      Gvardiol 

De Bruyne    -    Gundogan     

Mbappe        -   Haaland  -        Foden       

So Rodri is gone?

15 hours ago, Devil said:

Neymar might have no choice but to go to Saudi as nobody else can afford him

He can still take a pay cut, no? I mean, I don't think PSG are looking for a transfer fee remotely close to what they paid for him... Not sure where he fits at the moment (Utd? Chelsea?), but I'm pretty confident Prem clubs would easily afford an 80M-or-so move.

The problem with Neymar, even if he was to take a pay cut, is the excess baggage that comes with him. The sulking over squad role, convenient injuries every year its Carnival, his weird relationship with his sister, there's more but you get the drift.

We saw recently with Cristiano Ronaldo how a marque player can be a detriment to a squad. I can't imagine a side like Manchester United or Newcastle United be interested in taking on a big financial addition that could easily become a hindrance.

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The problem with Neymar, even if he was to take a pay cut, is the excess baggage that comes with him. The sulking over squad role, convenient injuries every year its Carnival, his weird relationship with his sister, there's more but you get the drift.

We saw recently with Cristiano Ronaldo how a marque player can be a detriment to a squad. I can't imagine a side like Manchester United or Newcastle United be interested in taking on a big financial addition that could easily become a hindrance.

Ronaldo and his circus has more than learnt us.

Tragic that was because he's destroyed his legacy with the club. Last thing we need is another player telling us he should be starting and causing a drama for a manager.

I don't think a club in Europe that can afford him touches him.

27 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Newcastle.

Eddie Howe wouldn't sign him currently. He'd be far too big a star to play with the current squad.

He'd be a nightmare, he needs players around him of a similar level.

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Eddie Howe wouldn't sign him currently. He'd be far too big a star to play with the current squad.

He'd be a nightmare, he needs players around him of a similar level.

It might not be Eddie Howe’s decision.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

It might not be Eddie Howe’s decision.

Well in that case that's where the house starts to collapse. These superstars bring too much baggage, However wouldn't stand a chance as he's not a big enough name.

The first time he'd sub him he'd get ignored, he can't rest him in case he upsets him and god forbid he actually drop him as that would more than likely lead to him flying back to Brazil for a week.

That transfer would be a disaster.

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Pep's one of the few managers that can get this kid in line but if he's want to play 2nd fiddle to the worlds best striker in Haaland is another matter

Haaland is a machine but Mbappe ie far the superior footballer. 

If you got him alongside Haaland that would be mental.

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Haaland is a machine but Mbappe ie far the superior footballer. 

If you got him alongside Haaland that would be mental.

Yeah, Haaland is a finisher and the best in the business with putting the ball in the net  but Mbappe is the complete package, he could play wide in a front 3 for us, not sure if Pep would want him though with how he's got rid of Cancelo for upsetting a few players and we tend to stay away from the players with big ego's but cant lie, id love him at City and with Mahrez and Bernardo off we need to buy for that postion