talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Nicolo Barella Could be Joining Newcastle

football forums

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much like Bastoni and Spurs, can't see it happening. 

There are a select few Italians that will like to move out of Italy. Barella isn't one of them unless Newcastle offer him something outrageous. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I thought Newcastle weren't going to splash the money around though.

in a world where Declan Rice costs 100m, 50m is seemingly nothing and it's still only a rumour which could be nothing but typical telegraph nonsense

21 minutes ago, Danny said:

Don’t see the appeal for him, likely to remain in Italy. With that said Alexander Isaak swapped San Sebastian for Newcastle so money does do wonderful things to people

Really? He can do everything and keep going the entire match. The guy is dynamite out there, he plays so hard and passionately.

I also guarantee that Isaak wasn’t earning a lot in Spain. A relegation English team would pay more that Real Sociedad.

I just don't see how one of the top box to box midfielders currently in the game goes to Newcastle. It seems completely daft and I mean no offence when I say that.

Certainly not for that price either. I mean, that's cheap when you see the prices being banded about for other players. He'd command far more than that surely.

If he was to leave, it screams PSG, Real, City, Liverpool or someone of that ilk, not a club that's entering their first season of European football for some considerable time.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

in a world where Declan Rice costs 100m, 50m is seemingly nothing and it's still only a rumour which could be nothing but typical telegraph nonsense

You'll justify anything won't you, by comparing any given player's transfer any given time xD

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Really? He can do everything and keep going the entire match. The guy is dynamite out there, he plays so hard and passionately.

I also guarantee that Isaak wasn’t earning a lot in Spain. A relegation English team would pay more that Real Sociedad.

I meant I don’t see the appeal in him leaving Italy lol

I think it looks likely we will sign a central midfielder for £60-70m. 

The way we work is a few options are identified and so we walk away from those with the highest price. Szoboszlai probably remains the most likely once his price is dropped a bit.

On 15/06/2023 at 01:10, Danny said:

I meant I don’t see the appeal in him leaving Italy lol

why isn't there appeal?  the state of Serie A, the state of both Milan clubs is not a bright future.   

I get that he is an inter Milan fan, but it is not like the project is not something he wouldn't be interested in, even at a nominal level.   the reports suggest minor contact, if there was zero interest it would have been pushed back.

I think the issue is finding the price, I think we probably could get him if we offer more upfront rather than these 3 year payoffs.

11 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

why isn't there appeal?  the state of Serie A, the state of both Milan clubs is not a bright future.   

I get that he is an inter Milan fan, but it is not like the project is not something he wouldn't be interested in, even at a nominal level.   the reports suggest minor contact, if there was zero interest it would have been pushed back.

I think the issue is finding the price, I think we probably could get him if we offer more upfront rather than these 3 year payoffs.

Because Italy's fucking great. Also while the league is far from what it was at it's height, when it was basically the equivalent of the prem now... there's a lot of signs Italian football's improved a lot over the past few years. None of their finalists won... but they had 3 European finalists this year.

most of the time these statements are made because there is genuine fear of Newcastle getting good and too fast for the establishment.

be it sport or politics, when someone threatens the establishment it gets reactions.

the only real chance we have to sign him is if we can give inter something that is to good to refuse.

• Subscriber

This would be an excelling piece of business.

Newcastle’s business since the takeover has been great. Pope, Trippier, Botman, Isak, Guimaraes all very good signings. There’s nobody yet you can say they wasted money on and hasn’t been value for money other than really Chris Wood. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

This would be an excelling piece of business.

Newcastle’s business since the takeover has been great. Pope, Trippier, Botman, Isak, Guimaraes all very good signings. There’s nobody yet you can say they wasted money on and hasn’t been value for money other than really Chris Wood. 

I mean Anthony Gordon is going to have to go some to justify the £40m they paid for him and the fact you've clearly forgotten that they even signed him isn't a good start xD

On 17/06/2023 at 17:48, Stan said:

Or family, or lifestyle? 

Completely nuts to turn down several millions for a couple of years of your life just because the bread is a bit more artisan where you are. If footballers are even allowed to eat bread anymore.

On 18/06/2023 at 11:09, RandoEFC said:

I mean Anthony Gordon is going to have to go some to justify the £40m they paid for him and the fact you've clearly forgotten that they even signed him isn't a good start xD

I get the personal aspect but I feel that people seem to overreact to him.   He was done in hard by xG and xA working against him,  he should have had 6 goals and 2 assists which may not seem substantial however he is young and raw.   I don't think the climate at Everton helped his development.  

He also admitted that when he came over he struggled with the fitness levels,  found it hard to keep up with the team on physical fitness which is maybe a bit concerning if you are an Everton fan however it is also very different styles and our style requires much higher fitness levels.   He has committed to starting a pre-season regiment sooner than everyone else to catch up and from what I hear Jacob Murphy and Matty Longstaff (released but rehabbing) will work with him. 

Archived