talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rasmus Hojlund - Leaves Atalanta for Man Utd

• Administrator

But want £86m!

Atalanta will demand a figure 'well in advance' of their club record transfer fee for striker Rasmus Hojlund.

Manchester United are increasingly likely to firm up their interest with an offer for the highly-rated Denmark international while Chelsea remain in the wings.

However, Mail Sport understands the Italian club held a meeting earlier this week when it was decided they would demand closer to £86million (100m euro) for the 20-year-old who still has four years left on his contract.

Hojlund has recently signed a short-term representation deal with agency SEM, who also represent Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag. That has led many to believe that United hold an advantage in any negotiations but Atalanta are determined to maintain control of their asset by placing a premium price on his head.

Their record fee received was previously £45m from Tottenham for defender Cristian Romero but with interest in Hojlund so high and quality centre forwards in short supply, Atalanta believe their valuation is reflective of the current market.

They see huge potential in the Denmark international, who has scored five times in four games for his country, and would demand any talks start at a much higher figure.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12198541/Atalanta-want-86m-sell-Man-United-Chelsea-striker-target-Rasmus-Hojlund.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailsport

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Stan said:

We paid about 30 million for Diallo who had played barely any games for them so I'm not surprised they want a big fee given they know of our interest.

I really like the look of him to be fair. Do you bite the bullet and grab a young superstar before somebody else does or do you wait and see if he develops first.

It's a hard one.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Devil said:

We paid about 30 million for Diallo who had played barely any games for them so I'm not surprised they want a big fee given they know of our interest.

I really like the look of him to be fair. Do you bite the bullet and grab a young superstar before somebody else does or do you wait and see if he develops first.

It's a hard one.

I think for this particular player, it's a risk worth taking... 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

85m euros total package almost 75m pounds,  Osimhen or Kane would have only cost about 15m pounds more.   Seems a lot of money,  about 15m Euros more than others are reporting.   Need to wait until we hear what United report to stock market to discover the correct price. 

15 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

85m euros total package almost 75m pounds,  Osimhen or Kane would have only cost about 15m pounds more.   Seems a lot of money,  about 15m Euros more than others are reporting.   Need to wait until we hear what United report to stock market to discover the correct price. 

I know we shouldn't use YouTube as a yard stick but his movement around the penalty area looks exceptional and he's likely to have far better supply at United.

Having a proper striker to work with might benefit Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho and Anthony most. They didn't trust Weghorst toward the end of last season and they became a bit greedy. Looking forward to see how this works out.

4 hours ago, Devil said:

I know we shouldn't use YouTube as a yard stick but his movement around the penalty area looks exceptional and he's likely to have far better supply at United.

Having a proper striker to work with might benefit Rashford, Garnacho, Sancho and Anthony most. They didn't trust Weghorst toward the end of last season and they became a bit greedy. Looking forward to see how this works out.

That's the hope.  To be honest,  I have never seen him play.  Seen Atalanta play a couple of times but never noticed any of their players.

• The title was changed to Rasmus Hojlund - Leaves Atalanta for Man Utd
2 hours ago, 6666 said:

You can definitely afford it now. Your owners just don't care about it. 

Yeah I think it's a myth that United can't afford to upgrade their stadium. It's just that the Glazers don't see it as something worth investing in because they don't believe it's going to provide for high enough return on investment.

United's spending doesn't indicate a club that's skint. It indicates a club that's got owners that prioritise quick return on investment without much thought about the long term benefits to certain investments.

Archived