talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lucas Paquetá - Fee Agreed with Man City

39 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I saw him at the WC and a few WHU games I can't see why City want this guy right now. He's got bags of skill don't get me wrong but that much money for him seems a bit silly. 

Crazy market right now isn't it, the Rice fee was crazy and so is this. we could just walk away like we have before

Fabrizio Romano: Pep Guardiola has ‘always been a fan’ of Manchester City target Lucas Paqueta

However, the challenge for the Sky Blues could remain getting this deal over the line in the ongoing summer transfer window.

This is due to the fact that it has been claimed that West Ham have rejected the treble-winner’s initial £70 million offer to sign the 25-year-old as their aim remains to bank at least an £85 million fee from his potential sale.

However, Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Pep Guardiola has ‘always been a fan’ of Manchester City-linked attacker Lucas Paqueta, who recently picked Roc Nation Brazil as his agents going forward.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

apparently its going above 100m now. This looks like its going to happen. As for long-term successor to DeBruyne? I don't think I'd put him there just yet.

Don't see us paying much more than 80million. we have players they can have like Palmer, Laporte, Phillips, Harwood-Bellis etc

• The title was changed to Lucas Paquetá - Fee Agreed with Man City

He didn't look that good for West Ham or for Brazil but maybe surrounded by better players, he'll show us what he's about. Not sure where West Ham have got 110 from but I'm not sure why Man City are even bidding 85.

• Subscriber

Shocked at this, Pep obviously sees something in him  that most of us do not. No better place in football to learn and improve though. I wouldn't even say it's a De Bruyne replacement, De Bruyne has never been about pace, i see him having the longevity of a Modric.

It always makes me angry to see clubs benefiting from someone paying an overinflated fee for someone when we barely get what our own players truly should be worth.

Its actually getting to the point where I feel like an independent committee should decide the true value of a player.

But I guess all you can say is fair play, if West Ham ask for that and City are daft enough to pay, whats the issue...

Honestly would never think of him as being more than a £60m signing but here we are. Grealish’s goal/assist record doesn’t support his transfer fee but if you go deeper into the stats, his playing style and what City get out of him every game then you’d say he’s been worth it for them.

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

to suggest that he could be the person to follow on after De Bruyne.   Nowhere did I say as good or better.  

Someone succeeding another is taking on the prior's influence. That's how I see it. 

Paqueta for me has always looked bang average. It's decisions like this that cost Barcelona's dominance after Xavi and Iniesta. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Someone succeeding another is taking on the prior's influence. That's how I see it. 

Paqueta for me has always looked bang average. It's decisions like this that cost Barcelona's dominance after Xavi and Iniesta. 

Salah and De Bruyne were bang average for Chelsea.   Paqueta is ruined by Moyes.   He was courted by Howe last year and if Pep wants you, have to have something about you.

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Salah and De Bruyne were bang average for Chelsea.   Paqueta is ruined by Moyes.   He was courted by Howe last year and if Pep wants you, have to have something about you.

KDB was not bang average at Chelsea. We were livid when he was sold and the majority of us even said he'd be Lampard's heir. 

Salah is a shout but an anomaly. 

I fail to see what Moyes influence has had on what I've seen of Paqueta. 

He doesn't look to me to have an major attribute that would make him worth 110 million. He's not fast, he's not incredibly skillful, he gives the ball away a lot, he doesn't really tackle. 

I know he's not a bad player but it's a bit of the left field transfer signing if you ask me. You lose Gundogan and Mahrez and sign Kovacic and Paqueta. Such strange replacements.

Why didn't they just sign Rice, he's the better of the West Ham lads.

Edited by Devil

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

I fail to see what Moyes influence has had on what I've seen of Paqueta. 

He doesn't look to me to have an major attribute that would make him worth 110 million. He's not fast, he's not incredibly skillful, he gives the ball away a lot, he doesn't really tackle. 

I know he's not a bad player but it's a bit of the left field transfer signing if you ask me. You lose Gundogan and Mahrez and sign Kovacic and Paqueta. Such strange replacements.

Why didn't they just sign Rice, he's the better of the West Ham lads.

David Moyes plays meat and potato football, players like Paqueta and Benrahma for example will always have a level or two above what they’re doing at a club like West Ham because the style of play is limited which then limits them.