talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Devastating for Russell, that :( 

Tyres worn out? Or pushed too hard? Sainz expertly held on, as did Norris.

Gutted as I had Hamilton 4th in the prediction league. 

It looked like he was just following Lando too much. Lando clipped the wall on the same corner and got away with it and George just followed in his wheel tracks and must have just been a few more centimetres to the right to lose his right rear corner. Unlucky but still his mistake.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Devastating for Russell, that :( 

Tyres worn out? Or pushed too hard? Sainz expertly held on, as did Norris.

Gutted as I had Hamilton 4th in the prediction league. 

It looked like he was just following Lando too much. Lando clipped the wall on the same corner and got away with it and George just followed in his wheel tracks and must have just been a few more centimetres to the right to lose his right rear corner. Unlucky but still his mistake.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I thought he was pushing hard but Norris was defending well. There was talk that Russell should have surrendered 3rd for Hamilton who could have pushed Norris harder but that's just inconceivable for Russell to do, at least voluntarily. 

To be honest, it was great to have some entertainment at the front of the track for once towards the end! 

Ferrari seem to have made steps in terms of their true pace, but on the other side I think RB's mishaps were a fluke. It was kind of the same in Singapore 2016. And even with a poor quali, a poorly timed safety car and generally not much going for them, Max still managed to get a top 5 finish.

I see RB winning the next races except maybe Brazil.

On 23/09/2023 at 14:46, Whiskey said:

Tsunoda is surely only there from a merchandising point of view, he's a dreadful driver.

I wouldn't say he's dreadful. He's massively improved over the years.

Still, the leading theory is that he's there because of his Honda connection.

F1: FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem wants more teams and fewer races -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/67051341.app?fbclid=IwAR3Tao3jK2tpDhI51RTuoEHx3cHkgjbsVWr62M0Qx29dSmHvk6Md2kt8vdc

I agree. With 24 races it feels like they're diluting the product.

More teams isn't a bad thing for the consumer. I imagine current teams will push back as they'll get less of the pie but they've done well to have ten teams for this length of time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.planetf1.com/news/felipe-massa-lewis-hamilton-fernando-alonso-max-verstappen-warning

Massa has been doing a good job destroying any little reputation he had in the sport with pathetic shots at Ferrari, Fernando and Lewis.  

He just keeps getting more pathetic by the whinge.  He may have a few simps but the TeamLH x page is filled with the usual mentally unstable fanboys that will threaten you if you dare say anything bad about Hamilton.

49 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/felipe-massa-lewis-hamilton-fernando-alonso-max-verstappen-warning

Massa has been doing a good job destroying any little reputation he had in the sport with pathetic shots at Ferrari, Fernando and Lewis.  

He just keeps getting more pathetic by the whinge.  He may have a few simps but the TeamLH x page is filled with the usual mentally unstable fanboys that will threaten you if you dare say anything bad about Hamilton.

I mean this is one of the least crazy things he said in recent times.