talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Ocon was the foolish one but Max should have just gone what the fuck is this guy doing and let Ocon through if he was that arsed. It's like when you get overtaken by some cunt with a small nob when you're already going 10mph over the limit. He's the fuckhead but you're better off just getting out of the way and letting him get on with it.

Thought there had been some excitement for a while when I started reading this then just realised it was just world football player standard handbags..

Been left feeling disappointed...  

About time we saw someone get a good old fashioned crack in the jaw for a change... Until the sport has more random acts of inexcusable violence and emotional over reacting to the slightest provocation then it will continue to hold no interest for me.. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Hamilton wants F1 domination for Merc

skysports.com    6 hrs ago

Lewis Hamilton says his and Mercedes' fifth world championship is only the beginning as the Silver Arrows plot further domination of F1.

Two weeks after Hamilton secured the Drivers' Championship at the Mexican GP, Hamilton's victory in Brazil confirmed Mercedes' coronation as Constructors' Championship for a fifth successive season. Hamilton wins after Verstappen hits OconMercedes win fifth Constructors' ChampionshipFull race result from Interlagos

"I want to continue to help elevate Mercedes to make them the most successful brand of all-time," Hamilton told Sky Sports F1.

Ferrari remains the most successful team in F1 history with 16 titles.

"I am so proud to have been part of it - and here's to many, many more," added Hamilton.

"They give me the tools and I try to do the best I can with it. I'm proud that I'm able to sometimes bring a little bit more than is needed or that it's capable of, but that's what I live for."

In an awed eulogy to the Silver Arrows star driver, technical boss James Allison paid a fulsome tribute to Hamilton.

"You have to say that this year Lewis has made the difference for us," Allison told Sky F1.

"He keeps putting it on pole, when it's wet he's always at the front, and in the races, we can make mistakes and he will recover it by doing something on the track that nobody saw coming, and he spends the whole year not making a mistake.

"He is the consummate racing driver."

In a rare interview, Peter Bonnington, Hamilton's race engineer, added: "It has been an awesome year and he had driven perfectly.

"It has been unreal journey and l would love for it to continue. "

Mercedes have won a championship double in every season since 2014 but believe this was their toughest triumph yet.

"It was a very difficult season, "said team boss Toto Wolff. "But that makes the championship victory all the more enjoyable."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/formula1/hamilton-wants-f1-domination-for-merc/ar-BBPA9zS?MSCC=1542017553&ocid=chromentp

On 12/11/2018 at 20:39, Cannabis said:

Kubi!

One of the biggest "what could have been's" in the history of F1 IMO. He had everything that it takes to become a Champion, and was even poised for a Ferrari seat. 

• Subscriber

All this shite with crashtappen is embarrassing. People defending him saying he's good for the Sport. Pushing other drivers and confronting them and threatening them is good for the sport? Bore off... imagine if that was Lewis? The guy who's hated by many for posting selfies. xD

Max deserved to not win the race for being so wreckless and naive. The back markers are entitled to do that, whether you're in 1st or you're in 10th. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

All this shite with crashtappen is embarrassing. People defending him saying he's good for the Sport. Pushing other drivers and confronting them and threatening them is good for the sport? Bore off... imagine if that was Lewis? The guy who's hated by many for posting selfies. xD

Max deserved to not win the race for being so wreckless and naive. The back markers are entitled to do that, whether you're in 1st or you're in 10th. 

It's not about him pushing and confronting other drivers, it's about passion and emotion. Much rather have a talented driver like Verstappen with all his antics, controversies and character flaws than yet another boring generic PC clone saying the same things and behaving the same way as everyone else in a sport that has become way too sanitised anyway. For me, he's been a breath of fresh air ever since joining F1. Do you remember outbursts of Senna, Schumacher, Hunt, Prost, Mansell, Piquet and the likes in the past? All the heated arguments? Remember how Senna twated Irvine in a similar situation for him having the cheek to unlap himself and they didn't even touch? Hot tempers and big egos have always been a big part of motorsports, which is not surprising considering it's young competitive men with testosterone overload we're talking about here; it adds to the action and drama on and off the track and I for one welcome that. Drivers are humans (well except for Bottas), and many people enjoy seeing a human side of it. Not to mention the publicity it gets for the sport, FIA should be grateful :ph34r: 

Oh and I'm pretty sure that if the same happened to Lewis, his fanboys would be calling for Ocon's head  xD 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, nudge said:

It's not about him pushing and confronting other drivers, it's about passion and emotion. Much rather have a talented driver like Verstappen with all his antics, controversies and character flaws than yet another boring generic PC clone saying the same things and behaving the same way as everyone else in a sport that has become way too sanitised anyway. For me, he's been a breath of fresh air ever since joining F1. Do you remember outbursts of Senna, Schumacher, Hunt, Prost, Mansell, Piquet and the likes in the past? All the heated arguments? Remember how Senna twated Irvine in a similar situation for him having the cheek to unlap himself and they didn't even touch? Hot tempers and big egos have always been a big part of motorsports, which is not surprising considering it's young competitive men with testosterone overload we're talking about here; it adds to the action and drama on and off the track and I for one welcome that. Drivers are humans (well except for Bottas), and many people enjoy seeing a human side of it. Not to mention the publicity it gets for the sport, FIA should be grateful :ph34r: 

Oh and I'm pretty sure that if the same happened to Lewis, his fanboys would be calling for Ocon's head  xD 

Personalities are good for the sport. But spoilt brats aren’t. He doesn’t deserve to even be mentioned in the same breath as those greats. I agree there have been bits I enjoy about Max, such as his risk taking and crashing all the time, it’s good to see. 

Haha no, he is a talented driver no doubt. I’m sure his mistakes will be ironed out with experience. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://streamable.com/ct5na

Christian Horner, the #1 shit stirrer back for one last time this season :D

Horner is a tit, but I can't help but like him xD Have you read that story on reddit where someone took up on a challenge to get Horner sign a naked photo of himself? xD 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Horner is a tit, but I can't help but like him xD Have you read that story on reddit where someone took up on a challenge to get Horner sign a naked photo of himself? xD 

Yea, legendary :D I really like Horner too, even though he's a bit of a troll. I also like to listen to him when he speaks in interviews etc. There's something about his eloquence that's so soothing haha. 

10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I wouldn’t mind if Verstappen wasn’t a crash magnet. It’s all very ironic. 

Well, I think he has matured later this season. I'm still indifferent towards him as a character though. Deep down I think he's a cunt just like his father. 

• Upvote 1