talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Why the fuck wouldn't we want our best players to sign new contracts? Especially in Firmino's case where we're looking to get rid of his release clause and put ourselves in a position where we don't have our best players by Barca or Real Madrid meeting the release price. Firmino is probably our most important player, despite the insane form of Salah (and Salah being our best player), because our pressing from the attacking 3 is built around him. Massive for us to get rid of the release clause.

I get the whole release clause thing, I just still don't see it as a reason to celebrate our get excited. I'll enjoy watching these play while they're here because they're fucking great to watch at times and hopefully they can win some silverware too but getting excited over players signing new contracts who more than likely won't be here that long? Nah. I remember when we used to celebrate winning trophies

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I get the whole release clause thing, I just still don't see it as a reason to celebrate our get excited. I'll enjoy watching these play while they're here because they're fucking great to watch at times and hopefully they can win some silverware too but getting excited over players signing new contracts who more than likely won't be here that long? Nah. I remember when we used to celebrate winning trophies

Any fan of any club on the planet would be happy to hear their best player (s) are extending their contract. I think you're reading far too much into this tbh. 

I can see Salah going to another club within 18 months, not so sure I see Mane or Firmino going in that time frame, unless we start regressing. Can you see them at Madrid, Barca, City, Bayern, Juventus, PSG? I can't see those clubs spending a bucketload on either.

Edited by FOYM

Nice to see Karius starting to prove nearly all of us wrong by being superb since he was re-instated as No1. If he carries on playing as he has then he’ll save us a fortune in the summer. 4 clean sheets in the last 7 games but that could also be put down to the signing of VVD who has been nothing short of brilliant since he signed. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nice to see Karius starting to prove nearly all of us wrong by being superb since he was re-instated as No1. If he carries on playing as he has then he’ll save us a fortune in the summer. 4 clean sheets in the last 7 games but that could also be put down to the signing of VVD who has been nothing short of brilliant since he signed. 

Almost club him into the same bandwagon as all the people who said Firmino would amount to nothing based on the cash that was doled out. Think the boy was suffering from confidence problems but he's starting to get into his stride now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If the Liverpool fans can let me know what Klopp saw in Grujic, that would be most appreciated. ¬¬

Klopp wasnt the one who saw anything in him. Grujic was on our radar before Klopp came in. 

Thought he was doing ok on loan at Cardiff? 

13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If the Liverpool fans can let me know what Klopp saw in Grujic, that would be most appreciated. ¬¬

He was signed before Klopp came in I'm pretty sure. He's good at headers, I think. I don't really know, we've barely seen any of him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp wasnt the one who saw anything in him. Grujic was on our radar before Klopp came in. 

Thought he was doing ok on loan at Cardiff? 

Been pretty average really (though shortly after I posted the above, he scored xD ). Was expecting more in all honesty, though there are ten more or so games to prove me wrong.

7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Been pretty average really (though shortly after I posted the above, he scored xD ). Was expecting more in all honesty, though there are ten more or so games to prove me wrong.

Surprised to hear that. Our scout reports on him have him as doing ok. 

Grujic strikes me as a player who looks good at youth level because of his physicality, but struggles at the highest levels because technically he's quite poor. I haven't seen a great deal of him so I could be wrong, but if that is the case it's worrying that we've fallen for it.

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

Sounds familiar.

Key difference to the Holgate incident is the bit about the allegation being made in good faith.

Edited by Burning Gold

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Key difference to the Holgate incident is the bit about the allegation being made in good faith.

In a statement, the FA said it was satisfied that “the allegation was made in absolute good faith by Holgate and that there is no suggestion of this being an intentionally false or malicious allegation”.

Same thing, bro. 

18 minutes ago, HK85 said:

In a statement, the FA said it was satisfied that “the allegation was made in absolute good faith by Holgate and that there is no suggestion of this being an intentionally false or malicious allegation”.

Same thing, bro. 

The FA are famously a clueless bunch of clowns, so no surprise they've got that one wrong.

48 minutes ago, Storts said:

Brewster should probably be suspended now for false allegations.

Fucking dead right he should!

If anybody makes an allegation like that then they have to be 100% sure, absolutely 100% sure. 

If they aren’t absolutely 100% sure yet still go ahead with the allegation and they are proven wrong then yes, they should be punished, otherwise we will have false allegations flying around all over the place. 

I know you were referring to the Holgate incident so I’ll bite and respond in kind....

He made an allegation that wasn’t heard by anybody, anybody that was closer to Firmino than he was, even his own teammates. 

He couldn’t possibly be 100% sure that a racist comment was aimed at him and therefore, having it been found a false allegation, he should be punished accordingly and so should Brewster if the circumstances are the same  

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fucking dead right he should!

If anybody makes an allegation like that then they have to be 100% sure, absolutely 100% sure. 

If they aren’t absolutely 100% sure yet still go ahead with the allegation and they are proven wrong then yes, they should be punished, otherwise we will have false allegations flying around all over the place. 

I know you were referring to the Holgate incident so I’ll bite and respond in kind....

He made an allegation that wasn’t heard by anybody, anybody that was closer to Firmino than he was, even his own teammates. 

He couldn’t possibly be 100% sure that a racist comment was aimed at him and therefore, having it been found a false allegation, he should be punished accordingly and so should Brewster if the circumstances are the same  

Lol, trying to apply this logic to the heat of the moment on a football pitch (especially a Merseyside derby for the Holgate incident) is mad.