talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

There's a perception of Mane that he's not been as good as last season but he has. The addition of Salah and Firmino getting even better has kind of overshadowed Mane's improvement. We're also not as reliant on him as we were last season. He's still scoring some big goals.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There's a perception of Mane that he's not been as good as last season but he has. The addition of Salah and Firmino getting even better has kind of overshadowed Mane's improvement. We're also not as reliant on him as we were last season. He's still scoring some big goals.

He went through a bit of a slump where he couldn't really find his feet or get the goals needed but so has everyone in the front this season. I am just glad that he's back to his best when it matters. 

I like how he makes a confident assessment of them after having seen them play just three times. But it was definitely an interesting read. I believe the '84 final was the Bruce Grobelaar wobbly legs special final - so interesting to read that Bruce was recommended to stand his ground on penalties... rather than have spaghetti legs.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Ox out for the season and likely the world cup. Gutted for him (and for us).

Is that confirmed? I think I just saw Klopp say it was really bad post match. We're really short in midfield now aren't we? Any chance of Can or Lallana making a comeback any time soon? God knows what our midfield will look like Saturday.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Is that confirmed? I think I just saw Klopp say it was really bad post match. We're really short in midfield now aren't we? Any chance of Can or Lallana making a comeback any time soon? God knows what our midfield will look like Saturday.

Can and Lallana could possibly be in contention if we make the CL final but not any of our remaining league games/CL semi second leg which means we now have Hendo, Gini & Milner to play every game from now on in. TAA could possibly do a job in midfield (played there for the under 23’s) with Clyne/Gomez covering at RB but that isn’t ideal considering the importance of the upcoming games. 

Stoke now has become a must win game so we can rest players against Chelsea and Brighton, otherwise we are fucked basically. 

• Subscriber

Sad news about the Ox and he was doing really well too. Going to be a big miss considering the amount of pace and direct attack offering he brings but having said that this is when we have to turn to players like Gini so that they step their game up. I thought he was brilliant last night apart from missing a sitter but we all know he just can't finish them which if he adds to his arsenal will make him a bigger threat. 

Fuckinghell, Feel sorry for him. I think his performances for us have been just a little overhyped but he was getting better with each game and clearly enjoying his football here. it looks like he won't play for us again this season but I will be gutted for him if he misses out on the World Cup as well because he deserves his place in the team.

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ox out for 9 months. Can only imagine complete ACL tear if that's the case. 

Feel for him. Worst pain I've ever experienced. 

Anywhere reliable reporting this? I can only find obscure accounts on Twitter. About an hour ago the Mirror were reporting Liverpool expected him to be fit for the start of next season

• Administrator

if that's true, that's fucking terrible for AOC. Very nasty injury and would hurt even more given how good a season he's had and he would have been a key player for England in Russia. Very much a shame and hope he recovers fully if it is as serious as that. 

Liverpool and England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will miss the World Cup after suffering a knee injury in the Champions League against Roma.

The 24-year-old was taken off on a stretcher in the 15th minute after challenging Aleksandar Kolarov.

Oxlade-Chamberlain had a scan on Wednesday which revealed a knee ligament injury.

It is understood he spoke to England manager Gareth Southgate to inform him about the injury.

"The extent of the injury means Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to miss the remainder of the campaign for Liverpool, as well as the World Cup in Russia with England," Liverpool said in a statement.

"Oxlade-Chamberlain will now begin a rehabilitation programme to enable him to reach full fitness again as soon as possible, returning to action next season."

BBC

17 minutes ago, Asura said:

Probably a stupid question. If liverpool win the CL, will Coutinho get a winner's medal since he was part of the liverpool's CL squad and is also cup tied?

Sure I read the other week that the winners get 40 medals to distribute as they see fit

Edited by LFCMike

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

To be honest if we win it I couldn't give a shite who they give a medal to! xD

I think the joy of beating Real Madrid in a final will overshadow all the rest of the news assuming they and us get there of course.