talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

The WUM here was actually Happy Blue who came to a Liverpool thread and posted about Liverpool being "one season wonders".

I'm sure (with you being impartial and all ) he's been accused of being a WUM too? Or are the WUM's on here just newcomers?

Storts, another WUM, wasn't he posting about the greatest French midfield player of all time just a week ago? 

I'm noticing a pattern here.

Look again, it was downplayed. "Every club has them" "The vast majority" of clubs have them.

Look Stan, I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I wasn't suggesting no other club has ever had multiple injuries, I was stating that this situation that Liverpool have found themselves is unprecedented. The amount of injuries, the length and severity of the injuries to this many key players hasn't happened to the vast majority of clubs at all. You only have to do a quick search to see that when other clubs have been hit it's usually been two or three key players (at the most) not 6 and they have rarely been as long term. Downplaying this injury crisis is nothing new, you see it all the time elsewhere, Christ even Mourinho was at it, did you see his list of injuries that he claimed were as bad as ours? talk about scraping the barrel with squad and youth players being compared with the key players out for us.

Once again, I wasn't trying to wind up anyone, but if you are seriously concerned about WUMs on here you might want to nip them in the bud, even if it's a long time contributor on here doing the winding up.

Fair, I was hasty with the WUM comment! Just thought it was being ignored that any other side had injuries too and it's not just Liverpool that suffers :) 

I still stand by the fact that saying other clubs having injuries isn't downplaying what Liverpool go through. 

Liverpool have a lot of injuries. Not the most. Liverpool have injuries to key players - but if you're including players like Keita and Matip in the list, then it's fair to say that other clubs' injuries have some kind of relative importance to those clubs, too. 

Take the example earlier for Southampton - Romeu, Walker-Peters, Vestergaard all out for them currently. Are they not key players for Southampton that they're missing? They're important for Southampton as much as Van Dijk, Gomez, Mane are for Liverpool. 

From my perspective, your key, important players you're missing long term are Van Dijk, Gomez and Jota (given his influence). Fabinho, Alisson, Mane are not long-term to my knowledge (happy to be proven wrong). 

I don't see anyone down-playing what Liverpool are going through. Saying every club/vast majority have them isn't downplaying, it in my opinion. If anything it makes it even more important and a reflection of the bigger picture - COVID-impacted season so far, several games crammed in, very hectic period of the football calendar, lack of proper pre-season. All of this culminating in a lot of injuries. That's not downplaying it - it shows the severity of the situation for Liverpool and other clubs. 

37 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

The WUM here was actually Happy Blue who came to a Liverpool thread and posted about Liverpool being "one season wonders".

37 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Storts, another WUM, wasn't he posting about the greatest French midfield player of all time just a week ago? 

Both @Happy Blue and @Storts have been getting away with murder for a long time now, glad someone was brave enough to call them out on it, To be honest though this is just a little tickle compared to what they are like in Mafia games... they do tend to crank it up a notch or two in them.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Fair, I was hasty with the WUM comment! Just thought it was being ignored that any other side had injuries too and it's not just Liverpool that suffers :) 

I still stand by the fact that saying other clubs having injuries isn't downplaying what Liverpool go through. 

Liverpool have a lot of injuries. Not the most. Liverpool have injuries to key players - but if you're including players like Keita and Matip in the list, then it's fair to say that other clubs' injuries have some kind of relative importance to those clubs, too. 

Take the example earlier for Southampton - Romeu, Walker-Peters, Vestergaard all out for them currently. Are they not key players for Southampton that they're missing? They're important for Southampton as much as Van Dijk, Gomez, Mane are for Liverpool. 

From my perspective, your key, important players you're missing long term are Van Dijk, Gomez and Jota (given his influence). Fabinho, Alisson, Mane are not long-term to my knowledge (happy to be proven wrong). 

I don't see anyone down-playing what Liverpool are going through. Saying every club/vast majority have them isn't downplaying, it in my opinion. If anything it makes it even more important and a reflection of the bigger picture - COVID-impacted season so far, several games crammed in, very hectic period of the football calendar, lack of proper pre-season. All of this culminating in a lot of injuries. That's not downplaying it - it shows the severity of the situation for Liverpool and other clubs. 

With everyone fit Matip would be an automatic first choice for us, so I'm really not sure why you used him as an example here? He's hardly comparable with some of the injuries to squad players elsewhere or the likes of Sterling missing an international for a minor injury.

I'm not saying we have had more injuries than anyone else, I'm saying that the amount combined with the fact that these injuries to key players are imho unprecedented.

Anyway this is really wearing thin, I think that anyone without an agenda would admit that our situation is somewhat unique , imagine a script that called for all three CB's out for almost an entire season then the midfield players drafted in get injured too. I honestly haven't seen that before and I think any honest person hasn't seen it to that extent elsewhere either.

Thanks for rethinking the WUM accusation though, Id hate to think it was because I was new here and not a well established regular poster on here.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Both @Happy Blue and @Storts have been getting away with murder for a long time now, glad someone was brave enough to call them out on it, To be honest though this is just a little tickle compared to what they are like in Mafia games... they do tend to crank it up a notch or two in them.. 

Stop it Grandad. 

Don’t listen to this man @Scouse_Mouse he’s gone senile 

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I really like you Storts, you're a great bloke, but I'm gonna be brutally honest: between banning you or bringing Teso back I won't hesitate with the former if I had the choice xD

I know what you’re trying to say here Brian but what it reads like is you would ban me if it meant you could bring Teso back. And that is a sacrifice I’m willing to make. Mods make it happen 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I had a 12 year old paperboy, he thought everyone over the age of 30 was senile, he knew everything about football too.

Come to think of it, did you ever have a paper round in Bootle Storts?9_9

Grandad is in his late 80s - he’s lucky I can still go round there to log him in every time he forgets his password. 

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Storts said:

I know what you’re trying to say here Brian but what it reads like is you would ban me if it meant you could bring Teso back. And that is a sacrifice I’m willing to make. Mods make it happen 

Ban all 3 of you :whistling:?