talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 9 - 21-23rd October, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

If this was United, the amount of ‘refs are paid’ and conspiracy theories would be going mental. But we’re shit now so nobody cares xD

Not watching but they've had an opposing player sent off, got away with a red card themselves and have now been given a penalty and they still think there's a conspiracy against them xD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Not watching but they've had an opposing player sent off, got away with a red card themselves and have now been given a penalty and they still think there's a conspiracy against them xD.

Sorry if I’m shocked referees get decisions right after the past few weeks, didn’t mean to offend

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sorry if I’m shocked referees get decisions right after the past few weeks, didn’t mean to offend

I'm not offended but you giving it "wow they actually gave a decision in our favour" 10 minutes after Konate has got away with what, by all accounts, should have been a second yellow, deserves calling out xD.

It's fine. We probably would have lost this even if it was 10 vs 10. Hopefully Dyche and our fans spend the next week or two calling for a replay and we'll get a cheeky decision or two go for us in the next game. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not offended but you giving it "wow they actually gave a decision in our favour" 10 minutes after Konate has got away with what, by all accounts, should have been a second yellow, deserves calling out xD.

It's fine. We probably would have lost this even if it was 10 vs 10. Hopefully Dyche and our fans spend the next week or two calling for a replay and we'll get a cheeky decision or two go for us in the next game. ;)

Isn’t me being surprised after a bad decision was made more underscoring my reason to be in disbelief they got an obvious decision right after they scrutinised it and send the ref to go look at how obvious the decision was?

It’s not like they have a good track record in being good at using VAR or getting decisions right.

You’re also a million times better with Ashley Young not on the pitch tbh, dunno how he’s starting for you. I think if you hadn’t started him you’d probably be having a better match with all 11 on the pitch.

Sometimes its absolutely bewildering how what looks an obvious decision, fails to be given.

I actually thought the referee had a poor game for a derby. You either need to show some leniance to the situation or if your going to be strict, do it for the full 90.

Also @RandoEFC I also hope Dyche emulates Klopp and keeps pressure on the referees for the Konate error.

The only way the standard of officiating is going to improve is if the pressure is kept on them.

Lol, Phil Neville thinks Konate shouldn’t have had a second yellow but Keane’s blatant handball shouldn’t have been a penalty. 100% disagree with him there, he’s got those backwards.

Young rightly walked, Konate very lucky to stay on the pitch & a stonewall pen. Referees are absolutely shite.

Game was a lot more difficult once they went down to 10, but we managed to grind out a result. Hopefully a couple teams do us a favour and we can stay within a point of top. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Out of these which should I watch:

Brentford v. Burnley

Bournemouth v Wolves

Forest v Luton

I would watch Palace but they’re playing the Saudis so I’m not doing that 

I’d do Bournemouth v Wolves. Bournemouth need a win desperately so could be fairly open. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Out of these which should I watch:

Brentford v. Burnley

Bournemouth v Wolves

Forest v Luton

I would watch Palace but they’re playing the Saudis so I’m not doing that 

Sounds like a good day to go for a walk xD.

• Haha 2

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our man of the match has to be Michael Keane, think that would have been 0-0 if not for him. 

I'm still surprised they kept him and didn't fancy keeping Coady. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm still surprised they kept him and didn't fancy keeping Coady. 

Because Coady wasn't seen as a starting player in a back four and they didn't fancy recruiting a player not guaranteed to start on the £60k a week required. Keane is woeful but he's under contract so it's not really a matter of whether the club fancies keeping him because nobody would want to take him off our hands (quite rightly).

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Certainly not complaining about those Burnley, Bournemouth and Forest results.

O'Neil doing a solid job of grinding out results for Wolves which makes Bournemouth thinking they could find the next Poch even more amusing.

Second season in a row where people have got excited over a 'project' where a club are signing players that they've never seen play and it's heading in completely the wrong direction. Last season it was Southampton, this season it is Bournemouth.

• Upvote 1

Wolves are certainly doing better than many predicted. Including their last manager, who left after not seeing a Top 7 finish on the menu & a bit of a tantrum.

Bournemouth's mistake turning out to be Wolves gain. O'Neill certainly seems happy with the job spec of stay up. And sometimes it can be who accepts & embraces that challenge best.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Second season in a row where people have got excited over a 'project' where a club are signing players that they've never seen play and it's heading in completely the wrong direction. Last season it was Southampton, this season it is Bournemouth.

"They're from Europe and that automatically makes it 'good scouting'" syndrome.

• The topic was unpinned