talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 10 - 27-29th October, 2023

football forum

Putting Fernandes on the wing (and he has done it many times) should be a war crime and removal of coaching license.

Also why he wanted to sign Mount so badly in the summer if he knew he had a certain amount of budget and could have gone for a center backlike Kim Min Jae who was strongly linked instead of making us relying on MagEvans?

Mount started to have decent games and then he got bench because McT scored few goals and he instantly became a starter? If you plan to reward that stuff, drop Rashford instead of subbing everyone except him in every game.

You cannot play Eriksen in those games and against these teams, he just simple doesn't have the legs for that.

Horrendous set up of the team, and this team will never click simple because you permanently rotate the whole structure of it and the Players have no clue with who they gonna play with.

Brilliant performance from Michael Abu Dhabi Oliver. Wonder if they plan to release the voice clip for that decision or they gonna do a useless public apology.

Edited by Fusion
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mount, considering the cost, must go down as one of the worst transfers for Man Utd of recent times. What a waste of money.

To be fair, he's only just got there. Sancho & Antony will take some beating when it comes to bad transfers as well.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Mount, considering the cost, must go down as one of the worst transfers for Man Utd of recent times. What a waste of money.

Not one of Mount, Kovacic, or Havertz are starting for their new clubs. £130m. 

Just a shame instead of actually using that money to improve the squad we wasted it on more toddlers. 

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, 6666 said:

To be fair, he's only just got there. Sancho & Antony will take some beating when it comes to bad transfers as well.

But it wasn't even a place in the squad they needed to strengthen.

Defence was glaring out for improvements. Instead they end up opting for Evans (!). 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not one of Mount, Kovacic, or Havertz are starting for their new clubs. £130m. 

Just a shame instead of actually using that money to improve the squad we wasted it on more toddlers. 

Yeah Chelsea's transfer business isn't that great either...

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

But it wasn't even a place in the squad they needed to strengthen.

Defence was glaring out for improvements. Instead they end up opting for Evans (!).

Their defence looks fucked because of injuries to Varane & Lisandro. Maguire has probably been their best player this season as well. Evans realistically was supposed to the 5th choice behind that lot and Lindelof.

Their midfield looks light when it comes to a forward thinking midfielder that can play centrally which is why they brought Mount in. Even if he's not a starter, their squad needed another player in that position. Eriksen seems done and van der Beek never got started. Bruno is the only one and he's only good 50% of the time.

Now does Mount fit their system? I don't know because they don't seem to have one.

For me, Man United are weak in defense. And also have too many attack minded midfielders. They simply are not good enough to have only 1 defence minded midfielder. Back in Fergie times they had the option of Keane & Butt rather than Keane & Scholes. Way back in those days, Haaland, Grealish, Alvarez, Foden & however many others would have been United players. And then, and maybe only then, you do get away with 1 Rodri. And Liverpool have a class defence, with outstanding best in class attackers.

Its not much to do with the owners that manager after manager at Man United has not cobbled together a hard working midfield. That can keep them in games.

ETH & anyone who follows should really look to move on from the frankly smart arse vibe of playing someone else's number 10 at Man United's number 6 or 8. Or CM at LB. Because Man United. Because it's Man United 2023.

But.. it is nice of them to let others have a chance !

Edited by Reluctant Striker

What has started to feel like a routine win for Villa. Loving how well captain McGinn has been doing recently. Easy to forget he nearly found himself the wrong side of fan frustration when Gerrard was making every wrong choice possible. Diaby just may be the best player Villa have had in a long time. He could play for any side anywhere & contribute.

Next 4: Forest (a), Europe: AZ (h) , Fulham (h) & Spurs (a)

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Danny said:

I have no real reasoning behind this, but I cannot see United winning anything with Bruno Fernandes in the team. He will be one of those names we look back on in ten years time as someone who was indicative of this United team.

Sporting Lisbon won their first title in two decades the year after he was sold. His style of play is not that effective in the modern game where consistency overrules all to a level it never has done before and worst of all he's not even putting up that impressive numbers nowadays. He isn't the main problem but I don't think he's the solution either. Overrated and gets away with it.

It's years of absolutely dog shit recruitment. Error after error. £90mil on Antony xD he wouldn't stand out at Leicester. Even worse pound for pound signing than Maguire. I'm not quite seeing a £70mil player in Hojlund either.

• Subscriber

Their persistence with players who've let them down for years is a big part of it. Would Real Madrid tolerate Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, Lindelof etc...? They'd have sacked them all off by now and that's the difference. Nowhere near enough consequence for underperformance. I can't help but feel that Sancho is being made an example of to give off the illusion of discipline and standards about the place to mask the fact there actually aren't any.

I hold Manchester United to higher standards than pretty much any club in this country and that's probably due to my age and what I've grown up with. Each passing year makes me think that club is gone. A decade without a title and it feels as far as ever. Suppose this is the real cost of top four obsession.

13 hours ago, Danny said:

I have no real reasoning behind this, but I cannot see United winning anything with Bruno Fernandes in the team. He will be one of those names we look back on in ten years time as someone who was indicative of this United team.

He’s class. He just shouldn’t be captain.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Their persistence with players who've let them down for years is a big part of it. Would Real Madrid tolerate Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, Lindelof etc...? They'd have sacked them all off by now and that's the difference. Nowhere near enough consequence for underperformance. I can't help but feel that Sancho is being made an example of to give off the illusion of discipline and standards about the place to mask the fact there actually aren't any.

I hold Manchester United to higher standards than pretty much any club in this country and that's probably due to my age and what I've grown up with. Each passing year makes me think that club is gone. A decade without a title and it feels as far as ever. Suppose this is the real cost of top four obsession.

It's cliche to say that a player has been made a scapegoat but this does seem to be what Ten Hag has done - in the actual, biblical sense of "putting all the group's failings on one goat and then sending them off into the wilderness to carry the guilt away from everyone else".

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

Their defence looks fucked because of injuries to Varane & Lisandro. Maguire has probably been their best player this season as well. Evans realistically was supposed to the 5th choice behind that lot and Lindelof.

Their midfield looks light when it comes to a forward thinking midfielder that can play centrally which is why they brought Mount in. Even if he's not a starter, their squad needed another player in that position. Eriksen seems done and van der Beek never got started. Bruno is the only one and he's only good 50% of the time.

Now does Mount fit their system? I don't know because they don't seem to have one.

I've seen bit of Mount and there are positives even so I didn't want us to sign him. Can he play on the right? That way the 2 players who cost a combined of 200milion (Sancho and Antony) can be dropped. Put Garnacho on the other side as the bent nose Rashford has been shit since signing his new contract.

• The topic was unpinned