The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 13 - 25-27th November, 2023

football forum

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Jensen tonight, thats a huge loss.

Assume we line up as below. Feels like a 4-4-2 which is strange for us. Interesting to see how we line up on the pitch.

Edit: I reckon Norgaard steps into a back 5, but again who the fuck knows

Wissa - Mbeumo

Yarmolyuk - Onyeka - Norgaard - Ghoddos

Janelt - Mee - Pinnock - Ajer

Flekken

Edited by Danny

Other than Ramsdale being a nervous wreck, we haven't had much to worry about in terms of defending. We've not done a whole lot going forward either. The goal was probably just offside and apart from that we've not had any meaningful chances.

• Administrator

Fletcher on TNT was saying 'not sure what advantage a player gets by being that much offside'. 

Well, it's enough to be offside and if he's slightly further back and onside, perhaps he doesn't get to the ball and Flekken does. So that's the 'advantage'. 

We should be 1-0 up, Mbeumo should have squared to Norgaard for an open goal. That’s frustrating. Outside of that we’ve created very little going forward but have been solid at the back, reducing Arsenal to nothing chances or getting them so excited they dont understand the offside rule when theyre 2v1.

Ramsdale has been a calamity and if theres one fanbase that will get under his skin it will be us. He’s been well off the boil.

You can tell its been a while since Mee has started a game, very rusty in possession. We have a centre mid and an attacking mid playing wing back, an 18 year old making his first league start and 8 first team players out. As much as I want us to win and play better going forward, I’ll happily take a scrappy or dour 0-0 against a close to full strength Arsenal.

One of those games, I knew it’d be Havertz or Maupay who scores the winner.

Don’t have a lot of complaints, good pressure there from Arsenal at the end but an annoying way to concede. The difference is really what you could do from the bench and we couldn’t do much tonight with so many players out and players already playing out of position.

Kind of frustrating as we had two, nearly 3 chances that we could have scored from and Arsenal really just had the goal. But that is the difference at this level, you pay the money Arsenal can pay then eventually you will get those moments and results.

Honestly I’m just looking forward to a fully fit and unsuspended team. Toney, Schade, Damsgaard, Dasilva, Jensen, Henry, Collins, Hickey…7 of those start when fully fit.

I should be fuming that we've dropped points to Luton, but if they stay up over the rest of the diatribe down there by three points it's a small price to pay. They symbolise everything we were ten years ago.

I've seen this with us enough times to realise this will be a rocket up the backside to make us focus on the more difficult fixtures coming up. When we lost 4-0 to Sunderland in 2017 I accepted relegation. Then we took points off teams we never should have done for the next five games. Its just the good and bad of supporting Palace under this ownership.

The match that I have been waiting for this weekend is quickly approaching. This is certainly not going to be an easy contest for Tottenham today and since they are banged up and dealing with Red Cards it will be interesting to see how the defense holds up.

I think there will be goals to be had in this game with hopefully Tottenham edging it out in the end with a 3-2 win. 

I however wouldn’t be surprised if the game goes as a draw or Aston Villa nicks out on top in the same way I am hoping Tottenham does.

• The topic was unpinned