talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 19 - 26th-28th December

football forum

• The title was changed to Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 19 - 26th-28th December

no plan B a midfield pushing high and slow backline.  it's moments like this where you try a new tactic but it's lacking.   

Howe will definitely be under pressure as it looks like February will be season salvage mode.

with Barnes breaking, Tonali banned and Hall never playing we somehow managed to weaken the team.  

well played to Wood, and forest.

Alex Scott, what an assist, what a player. Was worried he’d turn into a bit of a Will Hughes, wizard of a playmaker in the Champ and pretty average in the Prem. But that was class and a statement of intent.

He’s played a pretty deep role too and made a couple key interceptions/clearances, handling Fulham’s physicality. A bright future there in Scott!

Fulham have been far too static, little going forward, too easy to attack against.

Bournemouth are on form today and this is their 6th win from their last 7. Their first 14 games were tough for them, I don’ think they played badly and  in their opening game against West Ham I said they looked the real deal. 3 draws, 7 losses and 1 win didn’t look good for them nor Iraola and there was a lot of sour grapes from people regarding O’Neill being sacked.

They’re such an aggressive team, high pressing, looking to win the ball up the pitch but also stretching the game with their forwards, very strong wing play and play incisive passes through defences to them. It’ll be interesting to see how they do moving into the new year but they are very much contenders for a top 6 finish now.

Edited by Danny

1 hour ago, Michael said:

What do you guys think of the Liverpool starting line-up? It doesn't look like the best possible Liverpool starting 11, but Klopp is obviously still gambling on them winning against Burnley.

I like Quansah - he's young but he's clearly got all the attributes to be a very good CB. Gomez at left back is never going to look great on paper - but our other left backs are all injured. We need Robertson healthy ASAP. Midfield's not our strongest on paper, but after the last 2 matches I don't think Szobo can have too many qualms with being benched. I would have preferred Jones to start over Elliott because I think Elliott's better off the bench. Gravenberch being rotated in and out of the starting lineup is probably a good thing for his development and I've seen a lot from him that doesn't have me too worried about him starting.

Diaz and Nunez aren't in great form - but Jota's injured, so one of them has to play and Gakpo's got to be given a chance to try to make his way into the starting lineup.

And honestly this Burnley side aren't a bad one to rotate a squad against because they're not great.

Another goal disallowed. Salah's in the keeper's way but seems like a Burnley CB pushes him into that position. Also unclear whether the keeper had a chance anyway.

They're doing a good job of keeping some tension in a generally one-sided match so far. Burnley starting to play like they know a result is waiting for them.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Another goal disallowed. Salah's in the keeper's way but seems like a Burnley CB pushes him into that position. Also unclear whether the keeper had a chance anyway.

They're doing a good job of keeping some tension in a generally one-sided match so far. Burnley starting to play like they know a result is waiting for them.

"Well done lads, good process."

This is almost guaranteed to end 1-1.

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Very clinical from Jota. I feel like to the eye Jota is not quite as exciting as the other Liverpool forwards, but in terms of output it's hard to argue with him.

I like him because he's very clinical most of the time. And during his barren patch, he was working his bollocks off for the team - love players like that. Honestly an underrated player, especially by large segments of our own support.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like Quansah - he's young but he's clearly got all the attributes to be a very good CB. Gomez at left back is never going to look great on paper - but our other left backs are all injured. We need Robertson healthy ASAP. Midfield's not our strongest on paper, but after the last 2 matches I don't think Szobo can have too many qualms with being benched. I would have preferred Jones to start over Elliott because I think Elliott's better off the bench. Gravenberch being rotated in and out of the starting lineup is probably a good thing for his development and I've seen a lot from him that doesn't have me too worried about him starting.

Diaz and Nunez aren't in great form - but Jota's injured, so one of them has to play and Gakpo's got to be given a chance to try to make his way into the starting lineup.

And honestly this Burnley side aren't a bad one to rotate a squad against because they're not great.

Jota made a decent contribution when he came on. I always like how clinical he usually is in front of goal.

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned