talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Franz Beckenbauer dies aged 78

There were 6 players, who're considered the very best German players of all times. Beckenbauer is the fourth of them to have died. His death was expectable, though, since only serious illness was a possible explanation for the silence around him, in the last time. This impression was reinforced by his appearence during his last public occurences.

RIP

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

I was just reading about his poor health only the other day. But the news that he has died today is very sad. Beckenbauer was a World Cup winner both as a player and as a manager. He was a true legend and arguably the best ever German footballer.

R.I.P. Franz Beckenbauer

21 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

There were 6 players, who're considered the very best German players of all times. Beckenbauer is the fourth of them to have died. His death was expectable, though, since only serious illness was a possible explanation for the silence around him, in the last time. This impression was reinforced by his appearence during his last public occurences.

RIP

Gerd Muller, Fritz Walter, Uwe Seeler, Rummenigge are 4 of them (3 now gone). I assume?

Was listening to the Monday Night Club on BBC earlier and one of them mentioned how if a defender brought the ball out of defence in the 70s and 80s someone would always ask 'who does he think he is, Franz Beckenbauer?' It's true, I grew up playing football in the 90s but remember that saying from managers or dads at football even then 

RIP

56 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Gerd Muller, Fritz Walter, Uwe Seeler, Rummenigge are 4 of them (3 now gone). I assume?

Almost!🙂 Fritz Walter, Gerd Müller, Uwe Seeler, and Franz Beckenbauer gone. Günter Netzer, and Lotthar Matthäus still alive.

• Upvote 1