talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

England National Team Discussion

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't remember any outrage with the Team GB kits in the 2012 Olympics. Maybe it's those that moan about others being woke that are the woke ones here.

• Subscriber

What's wrong with it? Genuinely? I'd be more concerned about them charging £125 for kids' shirts personally. Think that's more disgraceful than a bit of purple thread but I'm here to be educated.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

I hope the players refuse to wear it, what a disgrace 

Jumping on the bandwagon are you? 

Don't remember your uproar on all the other times it's been changed. 

You're so woke... 

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't remember any outrage with the Team GB kits in the 2012 Olympics. Maybe it's those that moan about others being woke that are the woke ones here.

haha don’t you mean ‘those that complain about others being woke are the triggered snowflakes here’?

The back of neck flag thing is odd, but it's very 2024 artsy. It is what it is. And I totally agree with Gareth Southgate. The 3 Lions badge is what is front & centre of an England top. Thankfully nobody is modernising that to be a dull soulless round thing.

It is criminal £125 is the selling price. Already crazy how near £100 it was if you wanted one delivered.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Everyone who gets upset about a fucking flag is a snowflake in my book. 

I really want to see Adidas or Puma making England kits. A few years ago, England had to move on from 'only Umbro' as Germany are now choosing to move on from 'only Adidas'. England choosing to go to Adidas, or Puma, would be an even more interesting change.

How many times do I have to explain what woke is on this forum? It blows my mind how many people misuse the word, and blows my mind even more that conservative types use it to dismiss things  in the media that cause a cognitive dissonance with their own prejudices. 

How the fuck is a colour change woke? How? How is this incident indicative of systems of bias inherent in the American system against black people? Anyone calling this woke is ignorant, and anyone offended by it needs to get a grip on reality.

Also go fuck yourselves, you’ve been defacing the flag since 98 anyway, grow up

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/england-played-no-st-george-cross-2969798

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Spike said:

How the fuck is a colour change woke? How?

All I've managed to glean is that the big, strong, beer-breathed flag shaggers who are known for saying things like "we could do with a good war to toughen up this snowflake generation" as if they speak with some authority despite the last world war ending 20 years before they were born, have seen the pink and purple bits and been reminded of the rainbows that have them waking up at night in cold sweats. Remember though it's the "woke brigade" that are snowflakes, offended by everything and need to be toughened up.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Haha the gammons thinking they're the "silent majority" and being convinced that they've got a massive boycott on the go only for it to amount to about 20 people will never get old.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

All I've managed to glean is that the big, strong, beer-breathed flag shaggers who are known for saying things like "we could do with a good war to toughen up this snowflake generation" as if they speak with some authority despite the last world war ending 20 years before they were born, have seen the pink and purple bits and been reminded of the rainbows that have them waking up at night in cold sweats. Remember though it's the "woke brigade" that are snowflakes, offended by everything and need to be toughened up.

it it’s the FLAG , mate, This beautiful iconic flag, used since the 1990s represents Ingerlund. Look at it fly during the world cup in 66

The flag waving these people have for an upper crust of people that loathe them makes me sick. What does it represent? A monarchy that exploited the world, a nobility that profited of it, working people that lived and died with tools in their hands for an empire that never helped them.

union_1024x1024.jpg?v=1529049362

On 23/03/2024 at 07:48, The Palace Fan said:

I'd go 4-2-3-1 at the minute when everybody's fit given how impressive Foden has been on the left this season.

Fair, I'd only want Foden on the wing if it means Trent plays alongside Rice. Key issue is Rice can't play forward passes so the player next to him has to be able to.