• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Indian Curries or Thai Curries?

football forum

Indian Curries or Thai Curries?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Subscriber

I don't think I have ever tried a Thai curry but I know we always get our curry from a Chinese take-away and on occasions from an Indian take-away, so, seeing you did not have Chinese on the poll then I would have to go for an Indian but I will only eat any of them with EGG FRIED rice.

319181530_669788901519569_16952542517491

• Subscriber

Thai curries for me, as Indian curries, while good, are usually too rich/heavy for me, and I prefer the lightness and spice profile of Thai curries. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I don't think I have ever tried a Thai curry but I know we always get our curry from a Chinese take-away and on occasions from an Indian take-away, so, seeing you did not have Chinese on the poll then I would have to go for an Indian but I will only eat any of them with EGG FRIED rice.

That's probably because curry is not really a thing in Chinese cuisine outside of British takeaways :P 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

That's probably because curry is not really a thing in Chinese cuisine outside of British takeaways :P 

It's funny though, I have gone potty on egg fried rice yet once upon a time I would never touch a curry with rice and only have it with chips instead,

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

It's funny though, I have gone potty on egg fried rice yet once upon a time I would never touch a curry with rice and only have it with chips instead,

Whenever I see images of British Chinese food, it's basically just all brown xD 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I like them both but overall, I'd lean more on the side of a good Indian curry with coconut and a lot of low-end spice vs what we get outside of India which is just cream and hey have we added enough cream yet? It's slowly changing in places but it's nowhere close to what we get at home.

Something like this

Goan prawn curry ladled over steamed rice and served in a white bowl with a fork on the side

Thai curry is actually really good too, but I err on the side of eating it mostly with seafood as I find chicken to be a bit on the meh side. 

• Upvote 2

I like both, but I prefer Indian curries.

32 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Off topic but the wife made Bolognese tonight and as I don't like spaghetti with it she made it with tagliatelle which I like.

Tagliatelle > spaghetti for most sauces, imo.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like both, but I prefer Indian curries.

Tagliatelle > spaghetti for most sauces, imo.

Just don't like this spaghetti for some reason...

image.png.ae9ee0066c727bdc752a171dbc629f1c.png

I think it goes back to when we I first married and we went around to the wife's cousins for a meal and she made spaghetti bolognaise but all she gave me was a plate full of COLD spaghetti with a tiny blob of mince and cheese in the middle, hated that stuff ever since.

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just don't like this spaghetti for some reason...

image.png.ae9ee0066c727bdc752a171dbc629f1c.png

I think it goes back to when we I first married and we went around to the wife's cousins for a meal and she made spaghetti bolognaise but all she gave me was a plate full of COLD spaghetti with a tiny blob of mince and cheese in the middle, hated that stuff ever since.

Tbf I don't think that's the spaghettis fault xD

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I don't think that's the spaghettis fault xD

I was tempted to try it tonight with the bolognese as long as the wife did not give me too much and made sure the mince, mushrooms etc covered the spaghetti. 

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Thai curries for me, as Indian curries, while good, are usually too rich/heavy for me, and I prefer the lightness and spice profile of Thai curries. 

Love Thai curry with beef and rice. i sometimes might as well just chuck it straight in the toilet and save some time sitting on the pot and getting the ring of fire :4_joy: but it's still one of my favourite 4 sure 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I was tempted to try it tonight with the bolognese as long as the wife did not give me too much and made sure the mince, mushrooms etc covered the spaghetti. 

What do you mean mushrooms? Mushrooms in a Bolognese?

20vcet.jpg?a475488

• Haha 2

This is a tough choice as I love both. 

When we talk curry are we exclusively looking at curry or does a korma fit the definition of a curry,  similarly would cashew nut chicken stir fried rice or pad thai count?

In South Africa we have a bunny chow,  it is a mutton masala curry with potatos and all the bells and whistles stuffed into a hollowed out half loaf of bread with the hollowed out bread then acting as a plug.   trust me its amazing.   I had also dated and indian girl for around a year and her mother could cook like nothing I have experienced.

The Hirshon South African Durban 'Bunny Chow' Lamb Curry

That is one thing I will miss when I leave,  South African food is incredible.