talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 33 - 13-15th April, 2024

I don’t get neutral fans comparing what Utd (or anybody in the early 90’s) did to what City have done. 

This is sportswashing. Propaganda for a state. A state that abuses human rights, has public executions, stone people, criminalise homosexuals, treat women as second class citizens….is that something really comparable with Utd taking full advantage of the new revenue available back then? 

They were very successful, and it wasn’t always because of a chequebook either. City have bent the rules every single time. They fake sponsorship to make it look like they bring in mega revenue. Revenue that is supposedly up there with Madrid and Utd….they aren’t even trying to hide the blatant bollocks. A 115 fucking charges. A hundred and fifteen.

Look at the way your own club tried to be shady and shift stuff around to stay within FFP, and you only got two charges, am I right? Can you imagine the shit that those cunts have been up to? And you’re comparing them to Utd whose success was in the right place at the right time. 

I fucking hate Man Utd, clearly. But what they have done is a FAR cry from what these horrible fucking bastards have done. Went from making about £4 profit ten years ago to now making £600m…laughable. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don’t get neutral fans comparing what Utd (or anybody in the early 90’s) did to what City have done. 

This is sportswashing. Propaganda for a state. A state that abuses human rights, has public executions, stone people, criminalise homosexuals, treat women as second class citizens….is that something really comparable with Utd taking full advantage of the new revenue available back then? 

They were very successful, and it wasn’t always because of a chequebook either. City have bent the rules every single time. They fake sponsorship to make it look like they bring in mega revenue. Revenue that is supposedly up there with Madrid and Utd….they aren’t even trying to hide the blatant bollocks. A 115 fucking charges. A hundred and fifteen.

Look at the way your own club tried to be shady and shift stuff around to stay within FFP, and you only got two charges, am I right? Can you imagine the shit that those cunts have been up to? And you’re comparing them to Utd whose success was in the right place at the right time. 

I fucking hate Man Utd, clearly. But what they have done is a FAR cry from what these horrible fucking bastards have done. Went from making about £4 profit ten years ago to now making £600m…laughable. 

Yeah there's no equating the two at all. And I say this as someone who fucking absolutely hates everything about Man Utd & Ferguson.

United got lucky in that the time where Ferguson took them to the top was when TV money really changed the game. And the top 20 sides in the country at the time deciding to break off from the football league to form the premier league to really whore out clubs for that TV money are more to blame for United's period of dominance and the wealth they built by being successful at that time.

It's unfortunate it was Man Utd who were that club that got to experience that "right place, right time" moment - but that is absolutely nothing like the UAE turning Manchester City into a tourism and business investment advertisement for themselves while breaking every financial rule they could to dope up the club's finances like Pep Guardiola playing in the Serie A.

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah there's no equating the two at all. And I say this as someone who fucking absolutely hates everything about Man Utd & Ferguson.

United got lucky in that the time where Ferguson took them to the top was when TV money really changed the game. And the top 20 sides in the country at the time deciding to break off from the football league to form the premier league to really whore out clubs for that TV money are more to blame for United's period of dominance and the wealth they built by being successful at that time.

It's unfortunate it was Man Utd who were that club that got to experience that "right place, right time" moment - but that is absolutely nothing like the UAE turning Manchester City into a tourism and business investment advertisement for themselves while breaking every financial rule they could to dope up the club's finances like Pep Guardiola playing in the Serie A.

Take a look at this for 90s spending.

https://www.football365.com/news/the-biggest-spender-in-every-pl-season-and-how-they-fared

2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Whereas I despite everything about City, it's fantastic seeing United fans getting up in arms about them - of all people.

The SAF era was dominated by having a chequebook bigger than anyone else and the referees in Old Trafford's back pocket. It's romanticised as "Fergie Time" but was basically just playing until United got the result they wanted.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Enjoy another season in City's shadow.

City could win forever and I'd never reach the level of bitterness you carry towards United. If you want to believe the nonsense you've just written, fine by me. Its simply bollocks we had plenty of seasons where we won nothing and struggled. We didn't win the league for three years at one stage in the early 2000s. We were rebuilt from a team seen as washed up twice to create maybe three great sides that dominated and era. 

All money earned by being well marketed and simply because we were one of the biggest clubs in world football. Sorry if that's hard to accept but unfortunately however bitter you are it's a fact. 

That's something not true if City though, you know, I know it, everyone knows it. If we weren't to ever win a trophy again it would sit easier with me if we all knew it was done through natural growth and excellent management. Instead they've hired the best in every position and rebuilt a club in a ten year period. Pep is the perfect coach for a club that can turn over players to suit his coaching style. A player doesn't fit he gets replaced as quickly as he was bought. No hanging around like a bad smell. Frozen out and gone before the fans can even remember to how to spell their name.

Pep couldn't do what Klopp or Sir Alex did with a squad. There are no Quinton Fortunes, Endo's, Silvestres or Tsimikas type players within the City squad. It's a case of need the best, scouted by the best, bought by the best and then coached by the best at coaching elite players. They will even replace Pep with the best, that will be the plan. 

As for shadow's, being an Everton fan you'd know better than me about that. You've spent your whole living life without seeing the sun shine in your direction. That shiny new little stadium won't change that any time soon. Better hope a sugar daddy comes your way.

• Subscriber

The part that nobody wants to talk about is how the Premier League along with a few teams who parted their cheeks and lubed up for the rampant capitalism that entered the sport to lock in pretty much permanent advantages over the rest of the pyramid, created the conditions where the only way anyone else could ever compete again was by doing what Chelsea and Man City did.

City's owners are horrific cunts. Everyone knows this. But they and Chelsea and Newcastle are symptoms of the shift toward excessive, unsustainable spending and "the brand" that occurred in the early 90s.

Anyway, feel oddly optimistic about the game tonight. Maybe just because any points here would be a bonus. Just have to get into these.

5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Gordon and Palmer should be going to the Euro's,  Grealish and Rashford should not. 

I agree on Rashford not going, but Grealish has to go. He’s very affective and offers something different to Gordon & Foden on the left. 

Palmer gets his third. Pickford hare brained decision gifts an open net to dink it into. Could be a long night for Everton here, they’ve been absolutely shocking since that first goal. 

• Subscriber

Absolute disgrace this. You can lose at Chelsea but the manner of this is putting huge pressure on us against Forest at the weekend now. Pathetic effort tonight. Sort of occasion that calls for first half subs.

• Administrator

Chelsea we're carving through Everton like a knife through butter. Then making a mistake like that just tops it off. 

But I'm a fan of it as I captained Palmer in FPL. 

• Subscriber

Corpse of a performance from a corpse of a team representing the corpse of what used to pass for a football club.

Fitting that we perform like this the first time Moshiri has turned up in over a year.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Where's the foul there? 

The commentators don't even know xD. VAR have gone home for the night as well by the looks of it. Palmer scoring four in a match will get them more interactions on Twitter so they probably haven't bothered checking it.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The commentators don't even know xD. VAR have gone home for the night as well by the looks of it. Palmer scoring four in a match will get them more interactions on Twitter so they probably haven't bothered checking it.

It was all over so quickly, not even any chat about it. Barely a foul on Palmer, and absolutely no foul on Madueke. 

• The topic was unpinned