talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2023/24 - Semi-Final Matches

football forum

Something seriously wrong with Man Utd's defensive structure. Especially in games where they're expected to dictate the play. The fact that they won't be expected to do that against Man City is a good thing for them.

Coventry robbed by VAR, United are absolutely embarrassing too. Only silver lining is they'll be dicked by City in the final.

Bruno giving it gums to the Coventry goalkeeper the utter thundergimp.

Edited by Whiskey

Do you know what gets me about all this?

Just look at that image below. That was presented to a viewing audience via this tweet...

Now look at a closer view of it...

So basically, all we have to go on is a Blue line and a Red line next to eachother. Both going from the toes and in Wan Bissaka's case, they have even drawn the line over his toe.

Surely, surely to give it offside, we have to be seeing some kind of daylight between the blue and the red line or whats the actual point? There is absolutely nothing conclusive about that to rule it out.

I just feel for Coventry because they have been denied one of the greatest FA Cup moments ever there. They'll never get that moment back now.

But to be totally frank, it sums up exactly what a week the FA Cup has had really. Lost the replays due to the 'Big Six' and now VAR saves a 'Big Six' club from embarassment.

Absolutely killing what has been an excellent competition this year, one of the best with whats happened round by round and the drama/headlines created.

Lost for words and it's not even my team. What an embarassing look for our Sport this is.

Edited by Lucas

Is it a disgrace because its United the decision has gone to or is it a genuine disgrace?

I think a bit of United hatred is on display here. At first glance I called offside and to be honest I've seen far worse VAR decisions given. He looked slightly ahead and the technology went with that as well. 

We will more than likely lose to City anyway as Coventry City would have as well. So I don't think there is much for the anti United brigade to be too bothered about.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Takes a lot to make getting to a Cup final an embarrassing achievement but United really know how to get the job done

You really are a strange one, I get the hate from fans of relevant clubs that have been our main competitors over the years but a Brentford fan just seems bizarre. Why the hell do you hate us, not like we have any sort of history with your poxy little football club is it.

As for the game, we're shit, no doubting that. The manager is shit, 90% of the players aren't good enough to wear the shirt of United so managing them with the added pressure of the weight of United is impossible.

That said 3-0 in the FA cup semi final and he nearly blew it with terrible substitutions again. Garnacho off, should have been Rashford and then Mainoo off as well. 

Taking off Garnacho gave licence for Coventry to bomb forward, we no longer had a player capable of breaking forward with pace. 

The crazy thing is this decision has happened countless times recently, he keeps taking off our best counter attacking player. It's utter madness.

Terrible performance and all in all a really unlucky day for Coventry. Another final for United, 3 in two years with a crap squad, crap manager and no system in place. 

Makes you wonder how teams like Brentford can never do anything doesn't it. It would be awful to be crap and crap in everything.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Devil said:

Is it a disgrace because its United the decision has gone to or is it a genuine disgrace?

I think a bit of United hatred is on display here. At first glance I called offside and to be honest I've seen far worse VAR decisions given. He looked slightly ahead and the technology went with that as well. 

We will more than likely lose to City anyway as Coventry City would have as well. So I don't think there is much for the anti United brigade to be too bothered about.

No. It's the fact it's such a miniscule decision and what VAR has caused the game to come to.

Not just a hatred of United. 

Just now, Whiskey said:

Some people are so insecure.

I'm really not trust me. Supporting United your whole life you learn to accept unnecessary hate. It does bother me a little though from fans of clubs that have zero history with us. I get it from scousers, City fans, Arsenal and so on. But I've seen Wigan fans doing plane impressions at matches and similar from other none relevant clubs. 

I don't see the same passion being given towards the three terrible penalty calls for Forest today though. Obviously I wouldn't expect that from you but they seem to be being ignored by everyone.

As for the big 6 comment, some might say your club is being protected as well. 3 dodgy pen calls, points added back on after a deduction.

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'm really not trust me. Supporting United your whole life you learn to accept unnecessary hate. It does bother me a little though from fans of clubs that have zero history with us. I get it from scousers, City fans, Arsenal and so on. But I've seen Wigan fans doing plane impressions at matches and similar from other none relevant clubs. 

I don't see the same passion being given towards the three terrible penalty calls for Forest today though. Obviously I wouldn't expect that from you but they seem to be being ignored by everyone.

As for the big 6 comment, some might say your club is being protected as well. 3 dodgy pen calls, points added back on after a deduction.

I mean what made you think I was referring to you 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I mean what made you think I was referring to you 🤷‍♂️

I don't play games mate, if it didn't  mean me who was you referring to?

You comment that comment after my three posts referring to United hate. Don't play the smart arse.

We will leave the conversation here 

33 minutes ago, Devil said:

Neutrals wanting the outsider to win is very usual and has nothing to do with hatred for Man Utd, and Coventry were massive underdogs.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Devil said:

Why does it have to be a specific club to support to have legitimate dislike or debate about a decision? 

Just now, Stan said:

Why does it have to be a specific club to support to have legitimate dislike or debate about a decision? 

Debating a decision is fine. 

But having a clear and blatant hatred like that Brentford fan does is weird because I can't understand why. Why has a period of Uniteds success resulted in such hatred. I don't see the same hate being direct towards Manchester City or Liverpool as I do United.

It literally baffles me. If I'm reading the decision is shit etc.. that's fine, it's a debate but it goes beyond that with the comments. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Devil said:

But having a clear and blatant hatred like that Brentford fan does is weird because I can't understand why. Why has a period of Uniteds success resulted in such hatred. I don't see the same hate being direct towards Manchester City or Liverpool as I do United.

It literally baffles me. If I'm reading the decision is shit etc.. that's fine, it's a debate but it goes beyond that with the comments. 

Is what Danny said actually that bad, or even wrong? 

You let a 3-0 lead slip and had to take it to penalties and a very close offside decision go in your favour to get through. And I know you see the frailties of your own side because you've acknowledged it too. 

At 3-0 up you guys should never have been in the position you ended up in. Something wrong and very fragile at the club. 

Also gotta remember that several fans grew up with Utd getting every decision under the sun for the best part of a generation growing up in the 90/00s. Probably where any 'hatred' stems from from any other fan of the game. 

There's a lot of hate for Man City for very different reasons. 

10 minutes ago, Devil said:

dont criticise United or its hatred, got it! 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Is what Danny said actually that bad, or even wrong? 

You let a 3-0 lead slip and had to take it to penalties and a very close offside decision go in your favour to get through. And I know you see the frailties of your own side because you've acknowledged it too. 

At 3-0 up you guys should never have been in the position you ended up in. Something wrong and very fragile at the club. 

Also gotta remember that several fans grew up with Utd getting every decision under the sun for the best part of a generation growing up in the 90/00s. Probably where any 'hatred' stems from from any other fan of the game. 

There's a lot of hate for Man City for very different reasons. 

Look I've read bloody hundreds of negative United posts he's made. His post pissed me off as he went straight for the jugular as usual. 

Embarrassing this, embarrassing that. 

This forum is supposed to be a mixed fans forum, I've always liked the mix but one or two can be unnecessary negative to the point it's clearly hate and it can be annoying.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

dont criticise United or its hatred, got it! 

You're none stop. Was someone you hated a United fan because I don't see a reason for you to dislike United so much.

14 minutes ago, Devil said:

You're none stop. Was someone you hated a United fan because I don't see a reason for you to dislike United so much.

Did you not see your entire team visibly embarrassed today?

Yes of course it’s fun to watch United be shit, what normal person wouldn’t find that entertaining after seeing decades of dominance. I enjoyed watching Gerrard slip a title away, sometimes people just like to get fun out of watching football lol. But no, its not hatred, generally just bemusement at how much the club spends and still manages to get so much wrong.

I genuinely don’t think theres another team in the league who could win this badly against Coventry City…thats not hatred, just an observation as to where you are as a club right now. An observation I would imagine is shared by many, many people, likely Jim Ratcliffe included in that.

Edited by Danny
  • Upvote 1