talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 34 - 20-25th April, 2024

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He does have good goal involvement stats and it wouldn’t be so bad if he was paired with a reliable goal scorer.

But playing him as our #9 in our front 3… he’s just not good enough. He’s good at everything but finishing - it’s 1 thing to be well rounded, it’s another thing to be well rounded EXCEPT being bad at the one thing you expect strikers to be above average at.

I’m just so tired of seeing him grinning after he misses yet another sitter. He’s more trouble than he’s worth imo.

In the hope the chances don't fall to him? 😉

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RandoEFC You’ve put it perfectly. 

Look at Trent on that second goal and try and tell me it isn’t disgraceful. NONE of the players have stepped up in this period, they’ve collectively bottled the fight. I won’t apologise for being disappointed in them all, because I think the lack of fight has been unforgivable. They’ve let the whole “city won’t drop points now” give them an excuse to let the season fizzle out. 

• Subscriber

Have to say that Rando summed it up right for me too. I didn't think this team was going to win much but they showed enough guile to get through a very tough period with players out and then the players who generally had so much to offer in the dying minutes of a game shut down mentally and it just strikes me as weird. Is it fatigue? I'd say running full tilt for the number of seasons some of them have coupled with the intensity Klopp requires his teams to operate at is definitely a factor. But, and this is where I turn to the manager, it's not like he didn't have options on the bench who may have been frothing to make a mark in this game and I honestly believe that the bench could have provided solutions to some of the weird passing going on last night and drop in form. You'd watch players make such sloppy passes that you start to wonder what's going on in their heads.

When you start to lose at home you know something isn't right and then to put on a display like they did against local rivals who really should have had the team fired up to play their best at the tail end of a season where the trophy was mathematically in sight tells me we're going to falter a lot more before the season ends. With no disrespect to Everton, a better finishing team slaps this Liverpool team around a few times and then some with the way the defense went to sleep at times and all the lazy positional and passing play. 

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Every Liverpool fan I know has completely lost patience with him and just us to eat the loss and move him on ASAP. Terrible signing.

Julian Ward must have been a United or Everton fan too. Came in, pissed away a load of money on some bad signings, then promptly quit and fucked off into the sunset. No idea where he's at now, but he probably shouldn't be working in football lol

One of the Liverpool fans in my work is a proper deluded gimp and argues till he's blue in the face that Nunez is on par with Haaland, that gets grief because it's fashionable to rip into him. 

Darwin's absolutely dogshite and is a real rare poor deal for you lot. It's genuinely like playing with 10 men, very much like Rashford at United but for different reasons.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

One of the Liverpool fans in my work is a proper deluded gimp and argues till he's blue in the face that Nunez is on par with Haaland, that gets grief because it's fashionable to rip into him. 

Darwin's absolutely dogshite and is a real rare poor deal for you lot. It's genuinely like playing with 10 men, very much like Rashford at United but for different reasons.

Never knew you worked with Mel81x.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I mean it's not like playing with 10 men. His all round play had improved loads this season and he's been good overall. Obviously his finishing is a real issue and he was awful all round last night but let's not be silly.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That dive from Foden that led to the free kick he scored from lol.

And then a double deflection from a free kick. 

Talk about luck. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We would of made any team look like Brighton last night, its just that time of the season 

I genuinely believe it's yours again this season. The fact that your team shows up when it matters the most and has the experience to get you'll through this tough part of the year is whats going to see you'll crowned champions again while the other two contenders will falter eventually. I don't think the historical statistics of your problems with Spurs is going to play into this at all.

I know you'll say it's not over till it's over but displays like last night are why you're going to be champions again. 

• Subscriber

The bookies usually give a good indication of probabilities. Last weekend City's odds were 1.40 (70%+ chance), Arsenal were at 5.00 (20% chance) and Liverpool were at 7.00 (~14% chance).

I've been keeping an eye on it and after Arsenal smashed Chelsea on Tuesday, City drifted as far as 1.72 and Arsenal closed into about 2.62 which was starting to look pretty close. Liverpool's defeat and City's big win have reset things a bit though. City back to 1.40, Arsenal on 3.25 (30%ish chance) and Liverpool now out to 41.00 (2.5% or so).

I don't think City will blink but if they do, I wouldn't lose any sleep over us losing at Arsenal on the last day if it gets them over the line and denies City the title. They've won 6 out of 7 and are on for their 4th in a row. Huge shame to see any team have the league sewn up like that for so long.

• The topic was unpinned