talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 35 - 27th April-2nd May, 2024

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

HAAAAAALLLLLLLAND 2-0!!!!! ..we been dogshit today :4_joy: Walkers finished

Thought Ake was unfortunate to miss out on man of the match. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Thought Ake was unfortunate to miss out on man of the match. 

Think they gave it KDB because of the 2 assists, i'd of given it Ake too though or Gvardiol. worse performance of the season, glad we got a full weeks rest now

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Think they gave it KDB because of the 2 assists, i'd of given it Ake too though or Gvardiol. worse performance of the season, glad we got a full weeks rest now

Oh Forest away, it was your day. Heading into May, your players will not stray.

14 hours ago, Stan said:

Wasn't Areola injured? Before he released it he was playing on, but afterwards he clearly gets a signal or told by Areola he's injured? 

Was he fuck but if he was then he should put the ball out of play. Taylor called on the physio to cover himself. Anyway that's not the reason we didn't win but it's just yet more incompetence/cheating from Greater Manchester referees. Gakpo should have put the ball in the net to make more of an issue of it

Edited by LFCMike
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Stan said:

Wasn't Areola injured? Before he released it he was playing on, but afterwards he clearly gets a signal or told by Areola he's injured? 

No lol he was fine and even looked confused when Taylor told him to get down and called the physios onto the pitch.

Bizarre and unjustifiable, so another day with PMGOL refs really.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Was he fuck but if he was then he should put the ball out of play. Taylor called on the physio to cover himself. Anyway that's not the reason we didn't win but it's just yet more incompetence/cheating from Greater Manchester referees. Gakpo should have put the ball in the net to make more of an issue of it

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No lol he was fine and even looked confused when Taylor told him to get down and called the physios onto the pitch.

Bizarre and unjustifiable, so another day with PMGOL refs really.

Ah yes, Areola is the first person to feign injury, sorry lads. 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Ah yes, Areola is the first person to feign injury, sorry lads. 

He didn’t feign injury until the ref comes over and talks to him. PMGOL should release the audio, but I doubt they will.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He didn’t feign injury until the ref comes over and talks to him. PMGOL should release the audio, but I doubt they will.

I agree, they should. I'm also intrigued to hear it. 

Goalies feigning injury because they know theyll get treated on the pitch is a loophole that needs closing next season.

Bernd Leno did something similar against us on Saturday. He went down and made such a fuss I thought he had dislocated his shoulder. He got treatment for two minutes, Marco Silva had a team talk with his players, Fulham changed their shape and we lost our momentum.

I've noticed Wolves in particular being really bad at doing this in the second half this season. The Coventry quarter final being the most blatant. Quite ironic given how vocal O'Neil was about Brentford slowing down play with stoppages.

• Upvote 1

I was loving Ange until he did his weird refusal to discuss set piece coaching speech this week.

At that point I realised he knows one way of playing and it is basically kamikaze football. Yeah the fans will be entertained but he will never win trophies in a serious league without  accepting changes in systems and the modern approach to things like set pieces.

• The topic was unpinned