talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

The VAR system coming in is going to make the Premier League a worse spectacle, in which the blame culture of managers towards referee's will go through the roof. 

Good thing we can agree on something. I'm in Australia right now and everyone (except Bosnich xD) despises VAR.

Its like I said a few months ago, people will support it now but it will get to a point where everyone will realize how vile it actually is.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Clutch is one of the most cringeworthy American sports terms which I hope never becomes commonplace over here, bleurgh.

It's the least of your worries when England has the absolute worst pundits and commentators when it comes to cliched platitudes and colour commentary. 

'Sublime finish from a magificent player, take a bow you little magician, you've earned your contract'. - every commentator of the last twenty years.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Clutch is one of the most cringeworthy American sports terms which I hope never becomes commonplace over here, bleurgh.

Not trying to defend Teso but the cringeworthy part comes from how bothered the Brits get from those terms. Grow the fuck up guys. They speak differently.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's the least of your worries when England has the absolute worst pundits and commentators when it comes to cliched platitudes and colour commentary. 

'Sublime finish from a magificent player, take a bow you little magician, you've earned your contract'. - every commentator of the last twenty years.

Yeah the commentary on Arabic streams is genuinely much better and at least equally insightful.

For me a bigger problem in Premier League commentary are the amount of times commentators fall silent when they shouldn't and talk shit when they should be silent.

Tonight for example Kante burst forward towards Arsenal's box and laid someone off to shoot, there was no commentary of the entire move.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Premier League commentators do generally overhype and sensationalise absolutely everything. It doesn’t seem to happen with English commentary of European Football and that is more enjoyable for me. 

Martin Tyler's the worst.

3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

For me a bigger problem in Premier League commentary are the amount of times commentators fall silent when they shouldn't and talk shit when they should be silent.

Tonight for example Kante burst forward towards Arsenal's box and laid someone off to shoot, there was no commentary of the entire move.

Put the radio on you doughnut 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Put the radio on you doughnut 

I’ve done that before but it’s always out of sync with the radio stream being much quicker than what we’re watching on tv. Hence you find out everything about 8 seconds before you see it. xD

26 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Why would I put the radio on, I don't need a description of where on the pitch the ball is. 

Radio commentary is always more exciting than tv commentary in my opinion. Definietly in Spain where they get so passionate that they even swear every now and then! xD

But a radio commentator doesn’t always fit the bill on tv like what happened with Jonathan Pearce who was my commentary idol when a was a teenager on radio. On tv he’s dour!

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Radio commentary is always more exciting than tv commentary in my opinion. Definietly in Spain where they get so passionate that they even swear every now and then! xD

But a radio commentator doesn’t always fit the bill on tv like what happened with Jonathan Pearce who was my commentary idol when a was a teenager on radio. On tv he’s dour!

Radio commentary without tv footage is absolutely piss poor and borderline pointless. The likes of 5live can't get the basics right. 

Just now, Dan said:

I couldn't bare listening to our games on the radio. I think they're responsible for our growth in away crowds as much as anything.

That's interesting because when we were going through the midlands once on the way back from an away game we had your local radio commentary on of your game, it was a thousand times better quality than BBC Newcastle commentary.

• Subscriber
Just now, Kitchen Sales said:

That's interesting because when we were going through the midlands once on the way back from an away game we had your local radio commentary on of your game, it was a thousand times better quality than BBC Newcastle commentary.

To be fair I haven't listened to a game of ours on the radio for years, I'm over-egging it somewhat but they used to be pretty bad. You can normally always get a stream now if you're not there so it's not really something I generally bother with. I find listening on the radio agonising to be honest, more than watching a game anyway.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

To be fair I haven't listened to a game of ours on the radio for years, I'm over-egging it somewhat but they used to be pretty bad. You can normally always get a stream now if you're not there so it's not really something I generally bother with. I find listening on the radio agonising to be honest, more than watching a game anyway.

Oh but that's the best thing about it! 

Now I don't have a season ticket because I'm a shit fan and only go to a handful of games a year, I find local commercial radio coverage a guilty pleasure. 

The not knowing what the fuck is going on, the hyperbolic metaphors, the breaks in signal when someone walks past my front door - it's marvellous bliss. 

And the misery from Tower FM's commentary team is something to behold - Lord knows they try to be positive, but when you're having to freeze your tits off watching dire shite for a pittance, it's difficult. 

I love it, because I am truly a glutton for punishment. Local radio and muted Final Score beats the wank atmosphere at 80 percent of home games in any case.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Spanish football is more competitive than English football. It just doesn't look that way to outsiders looking in because they don't use the goal difference in deciding table positions so, when a team goes down 3-0, it is exactly the same as 8-0. Why waste effort on a loss?

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions