talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Semi-Final - PSG (0) 0-1 (2) Borussia Dortmund - Tuesday 7th May, 2024 (2nd Leg)

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

League over CL any day of  the year, and without them Dortmund had sealed the title by winning every match in the second half of the season.😎

Nobody argued with @Happy Blue when claimed Man City would be the best team in Europe after they crashed out of CL, after all.

He's a wum that's why xD 

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Maatsen and Sancho had a positive effect on the team? Well, last season they had 67 points and were on 2nd spot after 32 Buli matches - now they have 60 points and are on 5th spot after the same time. Please explain how that is a positive effect? You're  overrating the influence of your Premier League loanies massively.

Right but the Champions League is a knock out competition isn't it? Sancho was widely praised in the first leg, Maatsen had some really good individual moments yesterday. I really don't care too much about Premier League players/PL vs BL.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

League over CL any day of  the year, and without them Dortmund had sealed the title by winning every match in the second half of the season.😎

Nobody argued with @Happy Blue when claimed Man City would be the best team in Europe after they crashed out of CL, after all.

I am not sure about the League being more important than the Champions League. The Champions League is the ultimate competition that all the great European clubs want to win the most. But you are right, Sancho and Maatsen while they have played very well in some matches since they joined Dortmund, they are not the main reason Dortmund have done so well in Europe this season. So many other Dortmund players have shone as well and Dortmund have formed an incredible team spirit and understanding.

Don't worry about Unhappy Blue, he's just a little bitter that his side crashed out of the ultimate European club competition and can no longer claim to be the best team in Europe. 

Whoever Dortmund face in the final(I am hoping it will be Bayern), I will be rooting for Dortmund to win. It would be a huge achievement for the club to win the holy grail of European football.

Edited by Michael

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Don't worry about Unhappy Blue, he's just a little bitter that his side crashed out of the ultimate European club competition and can no longer claim to be the best team in Europe. 

Manchester City are still world Champions right now, who cares about Europe, runners up prize B|

• Subscriber

Sancho getting so much praise is kinda funny. The Dortmund team is a unit, they all have their job and to beat PSG they all needed to execute well and have a bit of luck. Sancho had a really strong first leg to be fair but hes far from the reason their winning. Our feeds over here didnt help any, some Irishman slobbing Sancho's knob everytime he touched or was close to touching the ball over both legs was the colour commentary. Id say Brandt had more of an impact over both legs really. As much as it pains me Can was immense as well, thats before even getting into their defence. Total team effort.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Sancho getting so much praise is kinda funny. The Dortmund team is a unit, they all have their job and to beat PSG they all needed to execute well and have a bit of luck. Sancho had a really strong first leg to be fair but hes far from the reason their winning. Our feeds over here didnt help any, some Irishman slobbing Sancho's knob everytime he touched or was close to touching the ball over both legs was the colour commentary. Id say Brandt had more of an impact over both legs really. As much as it pains me Can was immense as well, thats before even getting into their defence. Total team effort.

tually I'm undecided whether it's ridiculous or insultingly disrespectful to suggest a player, who consistently warmed the bench at a team crashing out of a CL group consisting of European giants like Copenhagen and Olympiacos as rock bottom would improve a team reaching the CL final. Das ist mein voller Ernst!

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

tually I'm undecided whether it's ridiculous or insultingly disrespectful to suggest a player, who consistently warmed the bench at a team crashing out of a CL group consisting of European giants like Copenhagen and Olympiacos would improve a team reaching the CL final. Das ist mein voller Ernst!

He has been part of the team that has got through the last 16, the quarter and the semi finals. So let’s not make out like he just joined them this morning after they had qualified. I’m not even saying he’s been great for Dortmund, but he absolutely did play great last week and was good last night as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Manchester City are still world Champions right now, who cares about Europe, runners up prize B|

The Champions League is the biggest trophy in European club football, where only the best make it to the end. End of.😉

9 hours ago, Michael said:

I am not sure about the League being more important than the Champions League.

They're both massive, but for different reasons.

Winning the league is undeniable proof that over the course of the season, you're the best team in the league. But the CL is club football's most prestigious tournament - and the hardest to win.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Michael said:

The Champions League is the biggest trophy in European club football, where only the best make it to the end. End of.😉

That's why Man City are the current Champions League holders ;)

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That's why Man City are the current Champions League holders ;)

How's it going this year? 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

tually I'm undecided whether it's ridiculous or insultingly disrespectful to suggest a player, who consistently warmed the bench at a team crashing out of a CL group consisting of European giants like Copenhagen and Olympiacos as rock bottom would improve a team reaching the CL final. Das ist mein voller Ernst!

We get it, you hate English football xD

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

We get it, you hate English football xD

I'm hating English football and am disregarding the reality? So Sancho didn't warm the bench at Man Utd mainly? Or didn#t they crush out of their CL group against Copenhagen and Olympiacos? Or weren't it @Danny, who said Kane would win the Buli easily with Bayern? How did that pan out by the way? It's not as much a case me not liking English football, as you not liking your football receive the same respect as you have shown towards foreign football. Reminder I said the truth it were  the English fans talking about Bayern walking the farmer's league who were wrong. You were giving now it's time to take.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I'm hating English football and am disregarding the reality? So Sancho didn't warm the bench at Man Utd mainly? Or didn#t they crush out of their CL group against Copenhagen and Olympiacos? Or weren't it @Danny, who said Kane would win the Buli easily with Bayern? How did that pan out by the way? It's not as much a case me not liking English football, as you not liking your football receive the same respect as you have shown towards foreign football. Reminder I said the truth it were  the English fans talking about Bayern walking the farmer's league who were wrong. You were giving now it's time to take.

You're very degrading of it. There's reasons for Sancho not succeeding at Man Utd - he 'warmed the bench' because he fell out with the manager. 

You then imply that Dortmund aren't better off purely because they finished 5th this season compared to last, and put that at Sancho's door? 

You also seem to imply that it's Kane's fault that Bayern didn't win the league? It really isn't unreasonable to suggest Kane and Bayern would win the league and I know you know there are other factors why Bayern didn't win. 

Not sure where I've said Bundesliga is a farmers league? I'd like to think in quite respectful of Bundesliga and definitely rate it nowhere near a farmers league? Is this even a common concept, or you just jumping on what one person says and thinking that's what all English fans think? 

Posted (edited)

Dortmund will have earned millions from the Champions League by reaching the final. If they win it, they will earn even more in prize money. This will probably allow them to buy both Sancho and Maatsen outright, as well as buying their other transfer targets. They will also hope to keep the bulk of this team together for next season.

Edited by Michael
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I think this Bayern team can beat Real Madrid at home. It's just a matter of them not letting the wings overload them and they'll be fine. Having all the key defenders back is also a big plus. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

This is a strong and expected Bayern line-up except that Pavlovic and Mazraoui start ahead of Goretzka and Davies. It's good to see de Ligt back in defence instead of Kim(who was the weak link and responsible for both Real Madrid goals in the 1st leg). I just hope that de Ligt is fully fit, as he will no doubt have a busy evening. Real Madrid will pressure this Bayern team a lot and they are likely to have much more of the possession at home in the Bernabeu. But Kane, Musiala, Sane and Gnabry are all capable of punishing Real Madrid when they attack. This should be another great match to watch and a battle of the titans.

Wrong thread mate :) but well said. 

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Stan said:

You're very degrading of it. There's reasons for Sancho not succeeding at Man Utd - he 'warmed the bench' because he fell out with the manager. 

You then imply that Dortmund aren't better off purely because they finished 5th this season compared to last, and put that at Sancho's door? 

You also seem to imply that it's Kane's fault that Bayern didn't win the league? It really isn't unreasonable to suggest Kane and Bayern would win the league and I know you know there are other factors why Bayern didn't win. 

Not sure where I've said Bundesliga is a farmers league? I'd like to think in quite respectful of Bundesliga and definitely rate it nowhere near a farmers league? Is this even a common concept, or you just jumping on what one person says and thinking that's what all English fans think? 

Read through this thread http://talkfootball365.com/topic/18417-harry-kane-joins-bayern-munich/ for the bolded part.

As for the Sancho's door part. It's as reasonable to put  either the league deterioration and the CL success at Sancho's and Maatsen's door or none of either.Because being of of impact  but contemparanious being of no impact for the same team is simply impossible.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose