talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mason Greenwood Linked with Borussia Dortmund

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Is he that bad or are Leicester interested in him as well? Genuine question since not following Premier League.

It's his domestic abuse history - I wouldn't want him anywhere near us!

• Upvote 1

I'd lose a lot of respect for BVB if they did this. It's a shame though because someone will take him on, simply because he's clearly still got some of that talent that made him so popular anyway.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Is he that bad or are Leicester interested in him as well? Genuine question since not following Premier League.

He's a violent rapist, no club should want anything to do with him.

• Like 1

It seems like Dortmund are looking at Greenwood as an alternative option to Sancho. I still think that Sancho is Dortmund's preferred choice, but United are apparently asking for a £55 million transfer fee for him. Dortmund will look to bring that transfer asking price down, if they end up bidding for Sancho.

Greenwood is a real talent, despite his disreputable and shameful actions off of the pitch. I've seen him play some very good games for Getafe this season. However, I read that Man United will still be asking a hefty transfer fee for him, with reports saying anything from £30 million to £50 million. Which I find a little surprising, given that Greenwood only has one year left on his contract with Man Utd and the fact that United want to get rid of him, after they practically announced that he wouldn't play for them again. 

With Sancho, I think a lot depends on whether ten Hag stays at the club next season or if he leaves. If ten Hag leaves, then I think that there will be more incentive for Sancho to stay at United. However, if the manager stays at Old Trafford, then I think that Sancho will want to make the move to Dortmund permanent or at least have another loan spell at the club.

As it stands though, it seems like Greenwood will be a cheaper option. But do Dortmund really want to tarnish their reputation by signing him, despite the obvious talent that the 22 year old has?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Michael said:

It seems like Dortmund are looking at Greenwood as an alternative option to Sancho. I still think that Sancho is Dortmund's preferred choice, but United are apparently asking for a £55 million transfer fee for him. Dortmund will look to bring that transfer asking price down, if they end up bidding for Sancho.

Greenwood is a real talent, despite his disreputable and shameful actions off of the pitch. I've seen him play some very good games for Getafe this season. However, I read that Man United will still be asking a hefty transfer fee for him, with reports saying anything from £30 million to £50 million. Which I find a little surprising, given that Greenwood only has one year left on his contract with Man Utd and the fact that United want to get rid of him, after they practically announced that he wouldn't play for them again. 

With Sancho, I think a lot depends on whether ten Hag stays at the club next season or if he leaves. If ten Hag leaves, then I think that there will be more incentive for Sancho to stay at United. However, if the manager stays at Old Trafford, then I think that Sancho will want to make the move to Dortmund permanent or at least have another loan spell at the club.

As it stands though, it seems like Greenwood will be a cheaper option. But do Dortmund really want to tarnish their reputation by signing him, despite the obvious talent that the 22 year old has?

To be honest, don't think that would tarnish their reputation since I guess the least Germans know about his domestic abuse history. I didn't because not even football magazines reported about it let alone other media outlets. And as long as Brits don't spent much money on Dortmund merch the reputation Dortmund has in the UK is of no significance for them, to be frank.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be honest, don't think that would tarnish their reputation since I guess the least Germans know about his domestic abuse history. I didn't because not even football magazines reported about it let alone other media outlets. And as long as Brits don't spent much money on Dortmund merch the reputation Dortmund has in the UK is of no significance for them, to be frank.

Sorry but that doesn't absolve who he is or what his behaviour is like towards women. 

Whether fans know about it or not shouldn't be the decision-maker for Dortmund, and Dortmund themselves would fully know his history (if not, they must be living under a rock). 

It's not about Dortmund's reputation in the UK, either. 

There's probably a reason football magazines or media outlets didn't report it. It may be that they didn't want to be open to all kinds of legal minefields on what they can/can't report. 

Have you seen the videos of when the abuse surfaced? They're not pleasant. He's a vile man and Dortmund would do well to steer clear of signing someone like this, whether his reputation is bad/not known in Germany or not. 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sorry but that doesn't absolve who he is or what his behaviour is like towards women. 

Whether fans know about it or not shouldn't be the decision-maker for Dortmund, and Dortmund themselves would fully know his history (if not, they must be living under a rock). 

It's not about Dortmund's reputation in the UK, either. 

There's probably a reason football magazines or media outlets didn't report it. It may be that they didn't want to be open to all kinds of legal minefields on what they can/can't report. 

Have you seen the videos of when the abuse surfaced? They're not pleasant. He's a vile man and Dortmund would do well to steer clear of signing someone like this, whether his reputation is bad/not known in Germany or not. 

Where did I say it would?Have to say googled Greenwood and saw the accusations were mentioned in his German wiki entry. Saw a sentence there you apparently ignored, though: "Die Anklage wurde Anfang Februar 2023 fallen gelassen, nachdem Hauptbelastungszeugen ihre Aussagen zurückgezogen hatten und neue Beweismittel bekannt geworden waren."   

The intersting parts are bolded and translate to: " The charges were dropped after new evidence emerged."  Not sure whether I'm willing to brush aside that and the doctrine "innocent until proven guilty" as  easily as you seem to do.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Where did I say it would?Have to say googled Greenwood and saw the accusations were mentioned in his German wiki entry. Saw a sentence there you apparently ignored, though: "Die Anklage wurde Anfang Februar 2023 fallen gelassen, nachdem Hauptbelastungszeugen ihre Aussagen zurückgezogen hatten und neue Beweismittel bekannt geworden waren."   

The intersting parts are bolded and translate to: " The charges were dropped after new evidence emerged."  Not sure whether I'm willing to brush aside that and the doctrine "innocent until proven guilty" as  easily as you seem to do.

I didn't need to read the Wiki entry, so no I didn't ignore anything. 

You haven't seen the videos. 

No-one knows what the new evidence was. I don't think it's ever been publicised. But what was publicised was Greenwood beating the shit out of his then girlfriend. Clear evidence, not a Wikipedia line. 

Charges being dropped doesn't equate to not being an abuser. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I didn't need to read the Wiki entry, so no I didn't ignore anything. 

You haven't seen the videos. 

No-one knows what the new evidence was. I don't think it's ever been publicised. But what was publicised was Greenwood beating the shit out of his then girlfriend. Clear evidence, not a Wikipedia line. 

Charges being dropped doesn't equate to not being an abuser. 

Greenwood beating up that woman is undoubtedly morally reprehensible and, in my honest opinion, reason enough not to sign him on its own. It's evidence of domestic violence, as I said reason enough not to sign him, it's no evidence of sexual abuse, yet.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

29 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Greenwood beating up that woman is undoubtedly morally reprehensible and, in my honest opinion, reason enough not to sign him on his own. It's evidence of domestic violence, as I said reason enough not to sign him, it's no evidence of sexual abuse, yet.

Mate. There’s literally audio of the attack. 

IMG_4062.thumb.jpeg.800556f15da2fe0eacf846c183d83baf.jpeg

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Russia, China, bigger easter european clubs Prague, Zagreb, Shakhtar are all options. North Italy?

Does Mars have any football teams? Better send him up there so he can check.

• Haha 1