talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Julian Alvarez - Atletico Madrid Sign Forward from Man City

More information as we get it. Gomez has also left for Real Sociedad, Delap has signed for Ipswich

Update:- asking price 80million which apparently Alvarez is not happy about but has 4 years left on his contract so might end up in a Bernardo situation. don't think many teams could afford him, maybe PSG? we would be stupid to sell him to Arsenal etc

Edited by Happy Blue

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Didn't expect this. Is it purely about not playing enough? 

Wouldn't be surprised if Barca try to negotiate a deal (somehow, despite their finances). 

Perhaps PSG too like you say. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Barca try to negotiate a deal (somehow, despite their finances). 

Yeah he wants to play more but will always be behind Haaland at City, i guess he's getting tapped up while he's away with Argentina. i wouldn't do anymore dealings with Barca, they still owe us a lot of money

Good for him. He might be collecting easy trophies but he knows that he's not viewed as a big part of those trophy wins.

I do think a move is unlikely to happen though. Would be ideal for Barcelona to replace Lewandowski but can't see them spending the money required and I don't think they'll be okay with losing Pedri in a player trade.

Edited by 6666

On 13/07/2024 at 16:17, Stan said:

Nico Williams is close to signing, after his clause has been bought out, so until players are sold, then there won't be any deals such as Álvarez yet you'd have thought.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Nico Williams is close to signing, after his clause has been bought out, so until players are sold, then there won't be any deals such as Álvarez yet you'd have thought.

Fair, wasn't sure how close that deal was but it's a good one for Barca.

How they're affording any deals after what happened last summer is beyond me...

• Subscriber
On 13/07/2024 at 23:04, Happy Blue said:

Yeah he wants to play more but will always be behind Haaland at City, i guess he's getting tapped up while he's away with Argentina. i wouldn't do anymore dealings with Barca, they still owe us a lot of money

If your owners are smart they'll start a shell org and fund Barcelona and then get to tap the academy and then you'll will be winning titles for eternity. 

On 13/07/2024 at 08:31, Happy Blue said:

Update:- asking price 80million which apparently Alvarez is not happy about but has 4 years left on his contract so might end up in a Bernardo situation. don't think many teams could afford him, maybe PSG? we would be stupid to sell him to Arsenal etc

Didn't he sign an extension just recently too? Not sure why these players act dumb on their own actions. If you knew you were going to be second fiddle to Haaland, why extend?

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Didn't he sign an extension just recently too? Not sure why these players act dumb on their own actions. If you knew you were going to be second fiddle to Haaland, why extend?

Yep, he's got 4 years left now so think we are in our rights to ask for at least 80million. recent news is he's open to staying if he gets more playing time

On 15/07/2024 at 14:04, Cicero said:

He Wilfried Zaha'd himself.

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Ath Madrid seem to be the ones tapping him up, can they afford him? :35_thinking:

Atleti can flash the cash when they really want a player.

João Felix was bough for more than 100 million euros, I also remember they paid serious money for Thomas Lemar.

With the exits of Morata and Depay, a striker should be their number one target and Simeone will definitely use the argentinian connection to convince Alvarez.

Edited by El Profesor

3 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Atleti can flash the cash when they really want a player.

João Felix was bough for more than 100 million euros, I also remember they paid serious money for Thomas Lemar.

With the exits of Morata and Depay, a striker should be their number one target and Simeone will definitely use the argentinian connection to convince Alvarez.

Well i guess we nicked Aguero from them so fairs :4_joy: he'd probably do very well for them, only chance for him at City is if Haaland gets an injury

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Alvarez has gone to the Olympics, Pep is not happy. he wants more playing time but getting in Pep's bad books is how you get stuck in the stands never mind the bench :4_joy:  

Could Man City not refuse to release him?

Was looking at the squads for various teams the other day, and saw loads of players had been 'refused to be released from their clubs'...

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Could Man City not refuse to release him?

Was looking at the squads for various teams the other day, and saw loads of players had been 'refused to be released from their clubs'...

We could but Pep doesn't want unhappy players so reluctantly let him go, apparently he's fuming about it though 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Good signing for them. He's a really good player and deserves to be playing a lot more than he is at City but due to Haaland being the beast he is, he's always going to be second fiddle.

City havent strengthened but rather weakened their squad.   I am curious to find out who they will get to fill that role that has now been left by Palmer and Alvarez leaving in successive seasons.

If he cost them 10m or so City will pocket sizable profits all things considered.

Cancelo and Phillips are going to be like new signings

• The title was changed to Julian Alvarez - Atletico Madrid Improve Offer
7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

City havent strengthened but rather weakened their squad.   I am curious to find out who they will get to fill that role that has now been left by Palmer and Alvarez leaving in successive seasons.

If he cost them 10m or so City will pocket sizable profits all things considered.

Cancelo and Phillips are going to be like new signings

Savio has strengthened us in my opinion. we paid 14million for Alvarez so got a nice profit we can put towards Openda or someone like that