talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paris Olympics 2024

football forums

• Administrator

Was a crap opening ceremony, let's be honest. Went on for a ridiculously long time too. 

9 hours ago, 6666 said:

Why was the opening ceremony today when events have already taken place...?

Purely scheduling reasons I'd imagine. Has happened for a lot of Olympics. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, 6666 said:

Then start the events until then...

It screams "yeah these events don't really count".

The only events they have before the opening ceremony are the group stages of the likes of football and rugby sevens. No medals have been given out before today. Obviously less than ideal but I think it's an issue of logistics.

I've seen the usual debate here and elsewhere about whether or not the likes of football or tennis should be in the Olympics. Personally I think the more sports and sportspeople that are included, the better. I don't think the extra sports are harming anyone.

I wasn't a huge fan of the opening ceremony. I assume some of the stuff appealed to someone somewhere. The sport is underway now anyway so I'm haply.

Ukraine have taken the lead against Morocco at the mens football in the Olympics. Braharu passed the ball to Kryskiv and he struck the ball into the corner of the net with a right footed shot.

Ukraine 1-0 Morocco

• Subscriber

Opening day Judo was super good imo. The gold match for the men's and women's first weight classes were all very good. I'd even say the Repechage was just as good as the gold medal matches in some ways. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Opening day Judo was super good imo. The gold match for the men's and women's first weight classes were all very good. I'd even say the Repechage was just as good as the gold medal matches in some ways. 

I went to the judo in the 2012 Olympics. The British guy did a move which meant he automatically won.  I didn't know but everyone else was cheering so I figured I'd join in xD

Edited by Gunnersaurus
  • Haha 1

On 25/07/2024 at 19:58, Tommy said:

So Germany's women beat Australia 3-0. I didn't expect such a comfortable win. Could have been higher too. Jule Brand was outstanding today. 

I don't think Germany are in the men's are they? Spain look so good in women's football at the moment they could win both the mens and the women's. France are another who could win both mainly because of home advantage. I don't think it's ever been done before. Germany were the closest in 2016 winning the women's and reaching the final of the mens

22 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I don't think Germany are in the men's are they? Spain look so good in women's football at the moment they could win both the mens and the women's. France are another who could win both mainly because of home advantage. I don't think it's ever been done before. Germany were the closest in 2016 winning the women's and reaching the final of the mens

Nope, only the women qualified. 

• Administrator

Watched a bit of surfing. 

Got bored waiting for something to happen. 

Then got jealous at the scenery and how picturesque it is xD

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Watched a bit of surfing. 

Got bored waiting for something to happen. 

Then got jealous at the scenery and how picturesque it is xD

Who would have thought Tahiti could be picturesque?:ph34r: Seriously though, agree was breathtaking.🙂

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1

I'd heard online about that cunt in the volleyball team. Heard about the charges and assumed it was some made up witchhunt as surely a child rapist couldn't be allowed into the Olympics, right? Jesus fucking hell. Absolutely vile to allow a cunt like that out in fresh air, nevermind into the Olympics. 

How anyone hasn't volleyed him (pun not intended) is beyond me. Scum.

We have a womens football section in this forum and the rule is you're not allowed to trash womens football there so I'll do it here.

I watched Australia vs Zambia. What a fucking utter shitshow. The teenagers that play down the road on a pitch that's muddier than your mums butthole and next to a creek that floods and they regularly have to fish balls out of is a significantly higher level than the shite I was belly laughing at last night. Pay them less until they get the idea jesus christ. 

• Haha 1

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I watched Australia vs Zambia. What a fucking utter shitshow. The teenagers that play down the road on a pitch that's muddier than your mums butthole and next to a creek that floods and they regularly have to fish balls out of is a significantly higher level than the shite I was belly laughing at last night. Pay them less until they get the idea jesus christ. 

just watched the highlights, well the goals anyway.

Australia's 3rd and 4th goals were hilariously bad xD. Comical. 

• Subscriber

It would be amazing to see Murray win a medal of any colour to finish his career after the torture he's put himself through for the past 6-7 years for basically no reward.

They're into the last eight, one more win would put them in the last four which gives you more of a chance of getting a medal than not. It's really not impossible now.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It would be amazing to see Murray win a medal of any colour to finish his career after the torture he's put himself through for the past 6-7 years for basically no reward.

They're into the last eight, one more win would put them in the last four which gives you more of a chance of getting a medal than not. It's really not impossible now.

I'd rather see him get bronze and finish on a win than get silver and finish on a loss. Probably the best British athlete of my generation. I'm not a big tennis fan but from what I gather he was extremely unlucky as he was playing at the same time of 3 of the greatest ever tennis players. If he'd been born in a different time he would of probably one more I've been told 

3 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I'd rather see him get bronze and finish on a win than get silver and finish on a loss. Probably the best British athlete of my generation. I'm not a big tennis fan but from what I gather he was extremely unlucky as he was playing at the same time of 3 of the greatest ever tennis players. If he'd been born in a different time he would of probably one more I've been told 

This is entirely unfair to Murray, but I stand by it. 

I will always resent him, not for anything he did (though him being a bitter Scottish twat was good for a laugh) but I hated the British media spin on that era of tennis. 

"The big 4". 

Except number 4 was sooooooooooooo far behind the others he could barely see them. He had a decent record against Federer The slowest and most 'skillful'. Nadal and Novak killed him at every opportunity. He was held aloft with Djokovic, Federer and Nadal, despite being MUCH closer in stature (and even inferior to) the likes of Wawrinka, Cilic, Ferrer and Del Potro.

I said it at the time and will stand by it. It was a big 3. A huge 3, the best ever 3. Murray didn't deserve to be held aloft with them at all.