• Summer
    • Autmn (Fall)
    • Winter

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Winter, by a mile, I love snow, I think growing up in Australia which I have mentioned here before the heat was no good for my health and I was advised to move to a cooler climate which I did and came back to the UK.

The last time we had snow here in Leith was about 4 years ago and I had just gotten out of the hospital, I looked out the window and saw the snow and I was in dreamland, I rugged myself up and went up the shop just to walk in the snow, the wife and my daughter went ballistic.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.thumb.png.1ac49f005a63de3c5963432548365efd.png

Pros and Cons of every season and my final rating

Spring

Pros: balanced weather not too cold or hot, can wear some extra layers without being overdressed or uncomfortable, my birthday, almost all cultures around the world have some activities to mark the beginning of spring which are fun, here it is the kite flying festival Basant which is a sweet memory from childhood although I sucked at it

Cons: the transition from cold to warm weather usually causes me cold, runny nose mostly because of my own doing. It feels hot without fan and chilly with it during night.

Rating 8.5/10

Winter

Pros: the heat here is long and extreme so it's natural to like short-lived winters, can wear extra layers, we don't have snow at our homes so we used to travel to hilly areas to witness it in winters which is a good holiday memory, more indoor times watching movies etc for reclusives like me, winters are orange season here which is my top 5 fruit

Cons: less outdoor activities which causes laziness, I didn't like waking up for school early in the morning in cold, if geyser isn't working taking showers becomes difficult

Rating 7.2/10

Summer

Pros: more outdoor activities, longer days, summer vacations, more sporting events to follow world cups etc, mangoe season here which is my top 1-3 fruit, drinking more liquids your shakes, lassis and lemonades, moonsoon

Cons: too long and extreme here, electricity bills, can't wear extra layers, have to delay things after peak hours, insects and reptiles become more audacious, clothes become smelly easily

Rating 6.5/10

Can't really rate Autumn because it's an ephemeral period unless you notice trees it feels like winters here. Although one good memory I have with it is begging of new university term and moving back to hostel like Harry Potter. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 08/09/2024 at 13:17, MUFC said:

Good thing about wearing your jacket in winter. Anything you take out all year can easily go into your jacket pockets. Phone, wallet, keys and a shopping bag in my inside pocket.

No need for a jacket in wintertime for pockets, a pair of cargo pants with pockets is just as good.  :coffee:

download.png.8560ee65f7a2e061d6378a626371a32d.png

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

No need for a jacket in wintertime for pockets, a pair of cargo pants with pockets is just as good.  :coffee:

download.png.8560ee65f7a2e061d6378a626371a32d.png

Jacket works better as Pockets are arm/hands height. Don't want tobe  bending over too much when I'm out and about as the pockets are lower down.