football forums

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wonder how the wonderkids will tolerate his direct and blunt approach. 

Gut instinct is that it won't be a good fit. 

Would England not benefit from Directness given some of the players they have.   Tuchels reputation has taken a bit of a hit in terms of how good he is but given the other options that england had considered,  including Howe were probably not right either 

• Subscriber

Namedropped him as the manager I wanted in July. I'm very pleasantly surprised that the FA have gone up this route - I think it's a gamble and I respect them for taking it but he's a higher calibre than not far off any other international manager currently, I think he's got the right skillset for it and it's a good way of masking over his weaknesses. I think he's somebody who could totally blow up but he's also somebody who can win England a tournament.

I like it. I'm genuinely quite enthusiastic.

23 minutes ago, Dan said:

Namedropped him as the manager I wanted in July. I'm very pleasantly surprised that the FA have gone up this route - I think it's a gamble and I respect them for taking it but he's a higher calibre than not far off any other international manager currently, I think he's got the right skillset for it and it's a good way of masking over his weaknesses. I think he's somebody who could totally blow up but he's also somebody who can win England a tournament.

I like it. I'm genuinely quite enthusiastic.

Depends how his relation to the the FA officials is developing. Also a questions how big the ego of Englands's player is! Tuchel is neither a yesman nor a manager excusing extravagencies of his players easily.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Depends how his relation to the the FA officials is developing. Also a questions how big the ego of Englands's player is! Tuchel is neither a yesman nor a manager excusing extravagencies of his players easily.

Fine with me. I think this whole happy camp and culture thing is blown well out of proportion and think it's just a convenient line for the media (who liked Southgate) to go with to promote him. I didn't see much evidence of a happy camp in the Euros personally.

I liked the below assessment:

2 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think he could potentially be the best manager for the job. He got results fast at Chelsea and obviously won the champions league @Cicero what do you think? 

I'm not sure he does any better than Southgate.

Tuchel's first managerial principle will always be to organise a side to mitigate counter attacks. I think England's lack of top CBs and DMs will have him revert to a 3 at the back system again. This will frustrate a lot of fans as this will in turn have a lack of numerical advantages in the attacking end. Bayern and ourselves found it difficult to create chances due to his system so when they aren't clinical, its awful. That's my biggest question. Can England be clinical?

My stance has always been that England does not have the midfield nor the defence to play a controlling/attacking game that reflects the attacking talent at England's disposal. Southgate was battered for it. 

Edited by Cicero

I will give him a chance. If Klopp & Pep were off the table & Premier League managers content or contracted, he may be ok financially.

I can imagine people will find it quite endearing to see a German having any meltdown he may or may not have, on England's behalf.

Don't know too much about him tactically, but Chelsea of recent past years perhaps would play wingers as wing backs?