talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Despite the scoreline that was better from us. Like I said ineffective and spineless in our last two games, only ineffective today. We've played the three most difficult fixtures of the season already so we can write off this run of games and judge the team starting with the cup game on Wednesday.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Lukaku scores against West Brom after a loan season and doesn't celebrate. Scores against Everton where he was supported for three years by the fans despite him and his Dad trying to sell himself to Champions League clubs every transfer window and doesn't give a shit. Full cunt status.

To be fair mate, literally 5 seconds before he got jeered when he missed a free-kick.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

To be fair it was a reaction to the Everton fans jeering him over the free-kick, nothing wrong with it to be honest. 

Meanwhile, it just got more embarrassing for us. 4-0 down now. Woohoo.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

To be fair mate, literally 5 seconds before he got jeered when he missed a free-kick.

Don't give a shit. He didn't get jeered for anything before he turned round and shushed the Everton fans after setting up the second goal. Classless cunt. Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Keane all walking off the pitch at the end having a chat with their former team mates, none of Lukakus ex team mates come and speak to him, says it all about what a cunt he is.

I know it doesnt really matter and really I've been indifferent towards him since he left and probably will be again when i calm down in half an hour, but that bollocks really pisses me off.

Switched off to get some work done after 80 odd minutes and 2-0 down to see Everton let in another 2 before full time.. 

Both Manchester clubs doing what needs to be done and only Chelsea, Spurs and Pool fucking up... Chelsea and Pool no excuses as they were both playing at home but Spurs have the Wembley hoo doo so not quite a real home game..

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Don't give a shit. He didn't get jeered for anything before he turned round and shushed the Everton fans after setting up the second goal. Classless cunt. Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Keane all walking off the pitch at the end having a chat with their former team mates, none of Lukakus ex team mates come and speak to him, says it all about what a cunt he is.

I know it doesnt really matter and really I've been indifferent towards him since he left and probably will be again when i calm down in half an hour, but that bollocks really pisses me off.

Yeah just seen what he did at the 2nd goal. Changed my mind a bit now actually.

Really impressed by Arsenal today, in particular Xhaka and Ramsey in central midfield. They learned a lot from their performances against Liverpool, and Ramsey was MOTM. As good as Sanchez and Ozil are, it was interesting they put in such a hard working, solid performance without them.

In the other game, Everton really need to look at signing a proper centre forward in January. Rooney and Sigurdsson are currently wasted and there is no focal point to their attacks.

Overall not on our level, the draw was a fair result and i predicted something similar to happen. Cesc and Kante were again outnumbered as many times against the better sides, as soon as Bakayoko came on Arsenal didn't create as much as in the first half. Apart from the post and Chelsea's Pedro 1 on 1 situation the other chances were decent but not crucial, someone in this thread said Arsenal should won it seriously? with two shots on goal? having a laugh enjoy your earned draw. Three points off the top after some tricky fixtures not too shabby.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Overall not on our level, the draw was a fair result and i predicted something similar to happen. Cesc and Kante were again outnumbered as many times against the better sides, as soon as Bakayoko came on Arsenal didn't create as much as in the first half. Apart from the post and Chelsea's Pedro 1 on 1 situation the other chances were decent but not crucial, someone in this thread said Arsenal should won it seriously? with two shots on goal? having a laugh enjoy your earned draw. Three points off the top after some tricky fixtures not too shabby.

We'll knick points at Old Trafford to make up this result no worries mate

Just now, Cicero said:

We'll knick points at Old Trafford to make up this result no worries mate

I'd say that's the easiest game of the season. Miles ahead of Manchester United in squad quality. Kante is better than any of their midfielders.

Just finished watching the highlights on BBC (MOTD) and I know they're highlights and don't tell the whole story, but for me Manchester United weren't worth a 4-0 victory.  It is rather flattering to be honest and there were many moments where Everton had clear chances and they either chose the incorrect option or it ended in terrible finishing.  There were times (plural) where it could've all ended differently.

In saying this, Everton's defence was a total joke to be honest.  There was no connection between the backline and the midfield...  It's as if they've never played together and at times seeming that nobody knew what was meant to happen next.  Sloppy passes that sometimes went directly to a United player without all that much pressure ended up being punished.

In the end Man Utd had their best moments, but that was also down to Everton feeling sorry for themselves and beaten.

I have to add one thing...  Romelu Lukaku's attitude was retarded and disrespectful.  It's no wonder the Everton fans are giving the lazy git stick!  There was one particular Manchester United attack right at the end where two defenders outran Lukaku from midfield in a counter attack and they got into the box before him.  That's why he's not at the top end of Europe's strikers and blows a hell of a lot of white smoke.

Man Utd deserved to win but 4-0 is not the story of the match.  All this from highlights mind you and I could be very mistaken because I didn't see it live.

Useless once again in every aspect of the game. 

Koeman definitely deserves major criticism but so do the players for the just giving up at the end. 

There's no point in staying when we go 2 down these days, we aren't turning that around against any one. 

The only good thing to come from this will be the atmosphere at the Goodison game. Jose should leave Lukaku out like SAF did with Rooney.  

Archived