talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Definite penalty and red card for Simpson for me. We have fluked it big time today.

Brace yourselves for our next one. It's Monday Night Football and we're at home to West Brom. It's got potential to be one of the worst televised games you will ever see.

How was Ileanacho when he came on? Was he what you guys wished for?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

Definite penalty and red card for Simpson for me. We have fluked it big time today.

Brace yourselves for our next one. It's Monday Night Football and we're at home to West Brom. It's got potential to be one of the worst televised games you will ever see.

guaranteed away win. The record between both teams is getting silly now where either team won't win at home but be victorious away from home. 

1 hour ago, robosys said:

hate to say it again (!) but the way we played didn't work in our favour. We lacked so much in every single aspect of our game yesterday. There was nothing created for any of our strikers, before or even after Iheanacho came on. Dare I say he or Vardy would have smashed the chance Okazaki had in to the back of the net though. 

Just watched MOTD, I can't believe how simple it is for City sometimes. They can just play balls inside the opposition full backs constantly, Sane or Sterling can cut it back, and Jesus, De Bruyne or Silva are there to shoot. 

It's weird because it looks so predictable sometimes but they have the quality to just keep doing it. 

Liverpool are going to hammer someone soon. Just hope it's not us.

I think we will play with 11 men behind the ball and struggle to create any chances like we did when we kept Spurs out until we went down to 10 men. But Merino and Joselu didn't play then, they could change the dynamic.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Liverpool are going to hammer someone soon. Just hope it's not us.

I think we will play with 11 men behind the ball and struggle to create any chances like we did when we kept Spurs out until we went down to 10 men. But Merino and Joselu didn't play then, they could change the dynamic.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mane, Coutinho, Salah and Firmino in action today. If it clicks then there is a hammering in the making because they'll break through defenses quite easily. However, if its anything like the midweek madness we've seen then you'll can sit back all day and just clear balls with absolutely no danger to the goal. 

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Looks like your midfield really battered theirs @Cicero 😂

Was impressed by their defence more than anything. 

Poor setup from Conte. Long season to go and not like we have a poor record at the ethiad to make up the difference. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, robosys said:

He looks a bit lost. I don't entirely blame him. I think we set up terribly at the minute and yet again I feel like it's a case where I can't put it all on the player himself.

• Administrator

Having said that about Sanchez, he sets up Iwobi's goal with a backheel to take out all defenders and leave the winger with time to pick his spot. 2-0 Arsenal. 

• Subscriber

Another absolutely dire team selection from Koeman and I won't take that back even if we win 5-0. Niasse and Vlasic in are the positives but he almost has no choice but to pick them.

Williams starting is shite, two defensive midfielders at home again - shite, Sigurdsson shifted out left again by the looks of it - shite.

• Administrator

Decent play by Burnley. calm and composed passing around the box and Ward lays it up for Hendrick to pass in from about 12 yards out. Even game up til then I thought. 

• Subscriber

Gueye and Schneiderlin diving in all over the show again. We shouldn't be playing two defensive midfielders against Burnley at home anyway but if they're defending like that that rings even more true.

Shame as we started fairly well now we'll have to sit through the confidence crisis and the crowd groaning at every misplaced pass. Joy. 

Archived