talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

On 14/05/2017 at 8:53 PM, VanPanna said:

Mourinho embarrassing as ever, saying his players dont want to play anymore premier league matches! what the hell is he doing at this club. 

I hope they finish and sixth and lose the Europa League final. By his logic surely that means United will win the league next season?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HK85 said:

They've still got a home game left. 

Fair enough but it's a pretty poor effort in all honesty. They've just won the league ffs. The place should be bouncing but instead .... nothing. 

Atmosphere was good tonight but could have been better. I'd judge us in the last game.

The place (rightly so) has been rocking in our previous title winning seasons (in the remaining home game (s),) the Ancelotti one probably being the best I've experienced.

I'd also argue (special nights aside) the midlands and the south are the only places you get a decent home atmosphere these days.

Felt the atmosphere was alright, obviously not title winning one but maybe we were saving it for Sunderland B|

As for the game the boys were okay until the 3-1 lead, after that Watford created much more than they should even in a glorified friendly. This team hasn't played not once together this season, but i feel still they should have done better. One more win and Chelsea will become the first team in the Premier league to win 30 games, the point record will remain in tact as we can only win 93 this season. The back three was not on their night, Chalobah was okay and Willian was probably our best player. Mitchy was desperate to score and Ake provided him with a nice assist. Don't think Conte will hold on him for next season.

If west brom could somehow beat man city tonight we could go ahead on goal difference if we can out 5 past sunderland.  Arsenal could do that but don't think man city will looseI

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Ashburton Grove is half empty, perhaps this is the end for Wenger.

The game went on general sale which I haven't  seen happen since the recession 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's Arsenal out of the top 4 then. 

how? they better Liverpool's result on Sunday and swing the 3 goal difference in their favour, they finish 4th. 

• Administrator

haha what a farce in the Arsenal match. Monreal backpass is misplaced, Cech handles it away so indirect free-kick given (not in the right place). Ref gives it on 6 yard box on the touchline, yet Arsenal players are allowed to stand in line with the post, so not 10 yards away xD 

Ref originally gave a corner as well before consulting with his linesman xD 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

how? they better Liverpool's result on Sunday and swing the 3 goal difference in their favour, they finish 4th. 

Even if they win tonight they will still be a point behind? And I honestly can't see Liverpool losing to Boro at home on the final game. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Even if they win tonight they will still be a point behind? And I honestly can't see Liverpool losing to Boro at home on the final game. 

yeah, so how are they out of the top 4 then?

You never know with Liverpool, even though the probability is high that they will win that game. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah, so how are they out of the top 4 then?

You never know with Liverpool, even though the probability is high that they will win that game. 

Because they are currently 5th? 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived