talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Stan said:

how? they better Liverpool's result on Sunday and swing the 3 goal difference in their favour, they finish 4th. 

No they don't. If we win we finish 4th regardless of what Arsenal do. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

No they don't. If we win we finish 4th regardless of what Arsenal do. 

true. you all know what I meant :D 

If there wasn't an actual organised boycott of the game then those empty seats are incredible.

I knew someone who paid over a grand for a season ticket but wasn't that interested in bothering for anything other than the big games.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You're breath must stink talking shit

My guess is you've probably never been to the Emirates, but always empty seats, particularly mid week. Not as many as tonight, but it's an ongoing joke about the official attendance and the actual attendance being worlds apart 

Can't wait to see what it looks like on Thursday nights 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

My guess is you've probably never been to the Emirates, but always empty seats, particularly mid week. Not as many as tonight, but it's an ongoing joke about the official attendance and the actual attendance being worlds apart 

Don't speak too soon. We still have to beat Boro at home and we all know what we are like against shit teams at home. 

28 minutes ago, Storts said:

Ive been there loads of times. Half full is a bit of an overexageration.  Anyway most teams do the same thing

8 minutes ago, shut up said:

There's a boycott on tonight's game. It's been all over social media so not sure why people are pretending the Emirates is always empty mid-week, when we have the highest % sold out in the league.

Do you have the stats for this? 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't speak too soon. We still have to beat Boro at home and we all know what we are like against shit teams at home. 

I know, but surely even you can't mess that one up. Will be cheering for your lads :D

Just now, shut up said:

It was on Sky last summer. Arsenal 99.6% sold out, second was Man Utd 99.3%

I'll see if I can find the 2016 graph. 

Was interested to know how they worked it out cos we've sold out every game this season. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, shut up said:

There's a boycott on tonight's game. It's been all over social media so not sure why people are pretending the Emirates is always empty mid-week, when we have the highest % sold out in the league.

xD

That's the point though  - % sold out isn't the same as attendance, and it's often very evident that the official attendance is nowhere near the actual attendance. 

Luckily for us Liverpool are playing a shit team. If they were playing a top 6 side they would be more lilely to win

27 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Was interested to know how they worked it out cos we've sold out every game this season. 

So have we. Even the early rounds of the cup. 

Arsenal show they have sold out but the actual attendance isn't actually full capacity. 

• Subscriber
On 5/15/2017 at 9:51 AM, Any O'Brien said:

Just to add o one of my previous posts about Football stadiums, West Ham United are fucking pathetic. The only way their ground will ever be acceptable is if you knock the cunt down and start again.

Never been but I don't think you have to in order to see how absolutely fucking shocking the cunt is, It's essentially a pile of scaffolding with a few fancy patterns in the seats and a mix of day tripping bellends and angry Cockneys. What could possibly go wrong?

Made worse by the fact they left their traditional home which was a great venue for Football. The way it is at the minute they surely can't stay there for the long distance future. Two great grounds lost within three years, Goodison next to go.

I'm convinced they'll move again within ten years. I get that newer grounds aren't popular but this is a ground I just don't think you could ever warm to.

Alexis saves us again.  We had lots of chances, missed chances, good chances and in the end class decided the result in the shape of the Chilean.  For our sake I hope he stays at Arsenal because giving him whatever he wants is like signing a world class player.  We aren't gong to attract anyone like him and certainly nobody better than him.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, shut up said:

There were a noticeable number of empties when I went a few weeks ago midweek.

The atmosphere was also average, if pitted against U21 games.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, shut up said:

Found it.

Seems like we've slipped to 2nd 99.4% behind West Ham.

attendance.JPG

West Brom's crowds O.o

I had noticed a few more empties there but that's really poor.

It's about time we expanded. Three years in a row of sell outs. OK we've had a ride but we've got the potential to fill a 40k I think.

EDIT: HAHAHAHA LOOK AT WEST HAM. 99.9% full xD 90% if they're lucky. I'd go nearer 80%.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived