talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

Should've won by a lot more, Pickford had a very good game for Sunderland but thankfully Sanchez saved us yet again. 23 goals and 10 assists, definitely the best attacking player in the league this season.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Liverpool, Arsenal and City go to the last day for the Champions league spots. I think all the teams will win in their games

Games:

Liverpool plays  relegated Middlesbrough at Anfield

Arsenal plays Everton and the Emirates

City plays Watford away.

City 75

Liverpool 73

Arsenal 72

Alot of the shots were just going straight at the keeper last night from arsenal, xhaka omg he is like a little kid, trying to shot at every time the crowd shout out and it just goes miles over the bar.    Arsenal really need to get a world class striker even they can even attract that after this season.     

Xhaka has been very good recently, stop clutching at straws looking for petty reasons to validate your agenda against him. Overall his season has been good as well this season, stats support that. Headlines focusing on a couple of terrible red card decisions really shouldn't fool anyone if they actually watch the games.

• Administrator

Bailly handballs, referee hesitates, looks to lino. Penalty given. Replays show handled outside the box.

penalty missed by Gabbiadini anyway!

That was a shite game last night, Mourinho's attitude towards the PL is quite poor and wouldn't mind them losing the final because of that.

Souness was fuming in the studio too xD

Imagine if after all this moaning by Mourinho, after all this blatant disregard of the Premiere League and after all the eggs have been firmly crammed into the Europa League...... Ajax won! 

Omg I don't think I'd cope xD

23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Imagine if after all this moaning by Mourinho, after all this blatant disregard of the Premiere League and after all the eggs have been firmly crammed into the Europa League...... Ajax won! 

Omg I don't think I'd cope xD

I'd just worry about us getting the job done on Sunday to be honest. Plus, what they've done this season is only what we did last season isn't it?

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'd just worry about us getting the job done on Sunday to be honest. Plus, what they've done this season is only what we did last season isn't it?

Indeed. Well, it's similar. We didn't piss and moan after every game for the last 3rd of the season like Mourinho has or draw as much attention to ourselves as possible. 

Oh and I'm well aware that we could ourselves fuck it up on Sunday and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we did. I'm well prepared and I'll duly take the shit I'd receive if it does :D

• Administrator

not enjoying this very much at all. Spurs toying with us at times, dominating the midfield. don't want to use the injury excuse tbh. players on the pitch should be doing much better. 

Too easy for Spurs in the first half, they are currently coasting to an easy victory. Leicester can't be any worse in the second half so hopefully they make a game of it as they've nothing to lose...why doesn't Gray get more game time especially now with the games having little meaning other than pride/bit of cash for final league position??

• Administrator

much better this 2nd half with the change of shape. Chilwell getting his first goal for the club showing great composure! Sent Lloris back to France.

• Administrator
Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

Bend over and let Storts spank you

can I at least hold the Premier League trophy while he does it?

• Subscriber

Harry Kane is my favourite footballer of all time. He's just exceptional - there's still people that don't rate him it's just bizarre. 3 months out injury and still top scorer in the league. 

Just now, Storts said:

Harry Kane is my favourite footballer of all time. He's just exceptional - there's still people that don't rate him it's just bizarre. 3 months out injury and still top scorer in the league. 

Yep he's too draw. Good with both feet, his head and he's got that knack of being in the right place at the right time which is pure instinct and can't be taught. 

Is there really people who don't rate him?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

WTF Leicester xD

Could this result cost Shakespeare a shot full time?

not a fucking chance mate!

We were without 4 key players and had a make-shift central midfield and make-shift central defence. After 3-1 or 4-1, players didn't really bother.

I'd rather judge Shakespeare on the 10 games that meant something as opposed to 1 dead-rubber game :) 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep he's too draw. Good with both feet, his head and he's got that knack of being in the right place at the right time which is pure instinct and can't be taught. 

Is there really people who don't rate him?

Exactly, he's just a top striker, no real faults, and as you say its that instinct that sets him apart.

Yeah still see people knocking him - ask the Leicester fans....

• Subscriber

Harry Kane's rampage has pretty much fucked Lukaku's chances of the Golden Boot then. Would have been annoyed at that a few weeks ago and while it would have been nice for an Everton player to get it, the way Rom's downed tools in recent weeks means I'm far from heartbroken now.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived