talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Subscriber

Our lineup likely to be Pickford / Holgate Keane Williams Baines / Schneiderlin Gueye / Mirallas Rooney Klaassen / Sandro

or something like that, might see Calvert-Lewin or Davies in there in place of Mirallas. It's better than what we started with last season but we haven't replaced Lukaku yet. I'd much rather see Lookman and Kenny involved more heavily but just trying to be realistic about how Koeman will set up - if any defenders feature from the bench it'll be Jagielka or Martina and he'll probably field Calvert-Lewin before Lookman who'll be lucky to come on before the 85th minute.

This in an important game for us because our opening fixtures are the absolute pits after this one (Chelsea, City and United away and Spurs at home the next four with the Europa playoffs slotted between them). I expect us to win either 2-1 or 1-0, similar match to those we saw against Ruzomberok but with the opposition carrying more of a threat obviously.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Expect us to line up...

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Maguire - Fuchs

Mahrez - James - Ndidi - Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Iheanacho hasn't had a proper pre-season and went off with a knock last week. I expect him to come off the bench. I think he will slowly come in for Okazaki.

James gets in regardless of injuries to Drinkwater & Iborra for me. Those two won't play due to knocks and James has been very decent in pre-season. Specifically playing him on that side as well as he did a great job overlapping Mahrez in one game, creating space for Mahrez inside.

Mahrez will play and I expect him to be a Leicester player in September. His recent comments hint to me he's going nowhere as much as he admits he does want to go.

Iborra's a miss because say we're winning, I'd have expected him to be brought on to help us keep it tight. That now rests on Andy King who, despite how popular he is, isn't good enough.

Sticking with 2-1 loss.

But it's back and this delights me. Can't wait to fuck off out of work tomorrow at half 12.

16 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Romans wife is taking him for half of everything he's got. 

Roman is now selling his assets and hiding the money in Cuba xD

You'd think he'd be smarter than to even get married to be honest. Especially after his last marriage had him pay out a load of money.

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Klopp's confirmed that Coutinho will miss our game against Watford. Midfield of Henderson, Can, Gini picks itself.

Coutinho along with Clyne, Lallana & Sturridge. 

Injuries piling up already but fuck it, we surely should be winning this. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Pedro out injured. Now we only have 14 fit players available for the game. 8 of which are GK's and defenders

Our board have well and truly fucked Conte. 

No they haven't. You have 25+ players on loan, the biggest squad in the country. Conte shouldn't send them on loan then, just a whining prick. No sympathy 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

No they haven't. You have 25+ players on loan, the biggest squad in the country. Conte shouldn't send them on loan then, just a whining prick. No sympathy 

How is it Conte's decision to loan out these players? xD

The board are primarily responsible for these moves. Each player is either deemed valuable to the club, dispensable, or a means of financial gain. What Conte says or feels on the matter isn't even taken to account by our board. Wanted Chalobah to stay, board ship him off for a measly profit.  Wanted Matic to stay, board viewed him as dispensable and sell him to United. Wants Baker to remain with the team, the board loan him out to which he and Loftus-Cheek will inevitably be sold. 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived