talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can just imagine it

Arsenals win in the FA Cup managed to buy Wenger a stay of execution after a fairly woeful season but if we won this he would be straight back to square one with the 'Wenger Out' banners flying even before the season has even properly kicked off... 

Should have beaten you in the Cup but had that silly walk in the park mentality after winning the league and got what we deserved from it which was fuck all!

Defeat in this won't affect Arsene Wenger in the slightest if Arsenal sign a player or players that lift morale with the fans.  But if the same happens as has been for so long, then it will whip up a storm.  But the reality is that he will be judged on the Premier League season by the fans.  Not that it will matter if we are shrouded in mediocrity at the end of the season, even if it's "successful" mediocrity in qualifying for the Champions League.

Will Diego Costa play in this if he's still around after Conte told him he's a dog faced cunt that needs to fuck off or have Chelsea already moved past him and don't consider him to be a part of the new season's preparations?

• The title was changed to Saturday 6th August - Community Shield - Arsenal v Chelsea
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Batshuayi

Pedro/Boga------------------Willian

Alonso----------Cesc-----Kante----Azpilicueta

Cahill----------Luiz-----------Rudiger

Courtois 

Team I'd put out. Batshuayi has been on fire and deserves a start.  Pedro depending on his fitness. Boga has looked decent in pre-season, just needs to work on his end product. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Batshuayi

Pedro/Boga------------------Willian

Alonso----------Cesc-----Kante----Azpilicueta

Cahill----------Luiz-----------Rudiger

Courtois 

Team I'd put out. Batshuayi has been on fire and deserves a start.  Pedro depending on his fitness. Boga has looked decent in pre-season, just needs to work on his end product. 

Pedro will probably wear a mask and i doubt he wasn't training at Cobham. That Cesc - Kante will get murdered, Cesc apart from being a great player is probably the slowest person in London. Michy earned a start, if Morata does i think Conte will make a mistake. Still needs time to settle and Michy is in his full power and knows the team. 

9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Pedro will probably wear a mask and i doubt he wasn't training at Cobham. That Cesc - Kante will get murdered, Cesc apart from being a great player is probably the slowest person in London. Michy earned a start, if Morata does i think Conte will make a mistake. Still needs time to settle and Michy is in his full power and knows the team. 

Cringed when he was playing LW. Why play our most expensive signing out of position?

Seriously lacking numbers at the moment. We could play a 3-5-2 but Cesc and Kante are our only CM. You could add Baker but he played at wing all pre-season. 

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Cringed when he was playing LW. Why play our most expensive signing out of position?

Seriously lacking numbers at the moment. We could play a 3-5-2 but Cesc and Kante are our only CM. You could add Baker but he played at wing all pre-season. 

He started Morata at the wing to get minutes, and Michy didn't deserve to be dropped. Enjoying the social media experts, flop after 70 minutes of pre season football.

8 hours ago, True Blue said:

He started Morata at the wing to get minutes, and Michy didn't deserve to be dropped. Enjoying the social media experts, flop after 70 minutes of pre season football.

Also Social Media experts over hyping a video of Morata scoring from the corner flag in training. Fucks sake leave the guy alone :what:

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Also Social Media experts over hyping a video of Morata scoring from the corner flag in training. Fucks sake leave the guy alone :what:

He will miss or play a few minutes on Sunday, as Conte suggested he didn't train long enough with the team and he isn't fit enough. I would start Michy any how, knows the team and he is looking sharp and fit.

• Administrator

Less than a week to go!!

all kick-offs 15.00 unless stated

Friday 11th August, 2017
Arsenal vs Leicester, 19.45

Saturday 12th August, 2017
Brighton vs Man City, 17.30
Chelsea vs Burnley
Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield
Everton vs Stoke
Southampton vs Swansea
Watford vs Liverpool, 12.30
West Brom vs Bournemouth

Sunday 13th August, 2017
Man Utd vs West Ham, 16.00
Newcastle vs Tottenham, 13.30

Huddersfield & Brighton will surprise a few this season.

Most writing them off for relegation before a ball has even been kicked, two good managers with sides that play good football. I personally think there's worse teams in the league than both.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived