Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Real Madrid target Mo Salah


Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.

If he continues like this it's an inevitable move really as Madrid could really use him as a merchandise tool around Arabic countries.

I'm still quite surprised they didn't nab Pogba when they had the chance. There was a major tournament that summer in his home nation where he's the focal point of their midfield and his brand is arguably worth more in terms of marketability than he is worth in performances

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If he continues like this it's an inevitable move really as Madrid could really use him as a merchandise tool around Arabic countries.

I'm still quite surprised they didn't nab Pogba when they had the chance. There was a major tournament that summer in his home nation where he's the focal point of their midfield and his brand is arguably worth more in terms of marketability than he is worth in performances

I read today that Salah has more than doubled what we paid for him through merchandise etc etc. 

As you eluded to, he’s more than just a great player, he’s an absolute gold mine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I read today that Salah has more than doubled what we paid for him through merchandise etc etc. 

As you eluded to, he’s more than just a great player, he’s an absolute gold mine. 

I'd love to see those figures that show Liverpool selling 1,400,000 Mo Salah shirts:ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I'd love to see those figures that show Liverpool selling 1,400,000 Mo Salah shirts:ph34r:

When he signed for us we instantly had the whole of Egypt become Liverpool supporters. He’s their best players and is worshiped over there. Not only that, he’s about to win the APOY award. 

Hes basically paid for himself and much more on top. 

Edited by LFCMadLad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

When he signed for us we instantly had the whole of Egypt become Liverpool supporters. Not only that, he’s about to win the APOY award. 

Hes basically paid for himself and much more on top. 

Im just going to come in here and say it before anyone else. "But does he really improve us?" 

Putting that aside I love what Mo brings to this team and I love the fact that hes a smiling assassin with the way he goes about doing his work too. As for Real Madrid, if not them then someone else is going to come sooner rather than later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

When he signed for us we instantly had the whole of Egypt become Liverpool supporters. He’s their best players and is worshiped over there. Not only that, he’s about to win the APOY award. 

Hes basically paid for himself and much more on top. 

I suppose if every car in Egypt had a Mo Salah bobbing head on the dashboard it's possible :ph34r:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, HK85 said:

It'll have to be through other means than shirt sales because no club has ever directly recouped what they paid for a player that way.*

*according to something I read a while back.

Well that’s totally wrong, wherever you read it. 

We made massive profits on Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Suarez etc etc. United made massive profits on Rooney and Ronaldo etc etc Chelsea made massive profits on Hazard and Drogba etc etc Arsenal with Henry, Newcastle with Shearer etc etc 

Edited by LFCMadLad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well that’s totally wrong, wherever you read it. 

We made massive profits on Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Suarez etc etc. United made massive profits on Rooney and Ronaldo etc etc Chelsea made massive profits on Hazard and Drogba etc etc 

:bye:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well that’s totally wrong, wherever you read it. 

We made massive profits on Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Suarez etc etc. United made massive profits on Rooney and Ronaldo etc etc Chelsea made massive profits on Hazard and Drogba etc etc Arsenal with Henry, Newcastle with Shearer etc etc 

Found it. Bit further down in the article. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Not from shirt sales alone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

If he continues like this it's an inevitable move really as Madrid could really use him as a merchandise tool around Arabic countries.

I'm still quite surprised they didn't nab Pogba when they had the chance. There was a major tournament that summer in his home nation where he's the focal point of their midfield and his brand is arguably worth more in terms of marketability than he is worth in performances

Pogba was only interested in returning to United.  So he says, could be true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Found it. Bit further down in the article. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Not from shirt sales alone. 

Not read it but I can imagine it’s shite mate. 

Do you think Chelsea didn’t make any money from shirt sales from them signing Lampard? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not read it but I can imagine it’s shite mate. 

Do you think Chelsea didn’t make any money from shirt sales from them signing Lampard? 

 

Something like that when a player is at a club for a long time is the only one I can see it being close to. 

Making money? Absolutely. To cover a transfer fee? No chance. You don't get 100% of shirt sales. 

Edited by HK85
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I read today that Salah has more than doubled what we paid for him through merchandise etc etc. 

As you eluded to, he’s more than just a great player, he’s an absolute gold mine. 

I have my doubts that this is true, I read the same thing as HK85. But let's say it is true. Let's not all rejoice and celebrate Saint Mo making LFC all this money. It means nothing unless we do something with it. Preferably in January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I have my doubts that this is true, I read the same thing as HK85. But let's say it is true. Let's not all rejoice and celebrate Saint Mo making LFC all this money. It means nothing unless we do something with it. Preferably in January.

doubt it :D 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not read it but I can imagine it’s shite mate. 

Do you think Chelsea didn’t make any money from shirt sales from them signing Lampard? 

 

Lampard was at Chelsea how long? The article explains why clubs generally don't make money on big signings through selling merchandise. Never mind after less than a season

Just now, Stan said:

doubt it :D 

 

I do too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Clubs get very little money from individual shirt sales, the vast majority goes to the manufacturer. There are ways that a big name signing can increase revenues such as helping sell tickets, or raising the profile of the club and attracting bigger sponsorship deals, etc. but anyone who says a club has recouped a big transfer fee from shirt sales alone (especially after only a few months) is talking straight out of their arse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I have my doubts that this is true, I read the same thing as HK85. But let's say it is true. Let's not all rejoice and celebrate Saint Mo making LFC all this money. It means nothing unless we do something with it. Preferably in January.

I’m not arsed how much money he brings in. My point was Mike that these things should be considered when negotiating his sale fee. It’s not just what he’s worth as a player, it’s about the whole package. 

Fuck this anyway, hopefully he ain’t going nowhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Sign up to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...