talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

Just now, Mel81x said:

You made a very wise choice here. NB is nice but Onitsuka's imo are timeless. especially the Mexico classics. 

I've had a couple of pairs of the Mexico 66 in the past and they are great looking trainers. I've also had their Corsair style which is what Nike based their Cortez range on back in the 80s.  I wanted something with a thicker sole to be honest this time and for some reason when I was thinking of which ones to buy I didn't associate Onitsuka with that style for some reason.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I've had a couple of pairs of the Mexico 66 in the past and they are great looking trainers. I've also had their Corsair style which is what Nike based their Cortez range on back in the 80s.  I wanted something with a thicker sole to be honest this time and for some reason when I was thinking of which ones to buy I didn't associate Onitsuka with that style for some reason.

I was recently trying to decide between NB and Onitsuka myself and went and got the NBs because I have owned Onitsuka Tiger's in the past. Its also easy not to remember them because lately they've been doing some really funky stuff with their shoes and it looks weird imo but then again thats the fashion running around Asia at the moment. They used to also make a pair of Colorado's (85 or 86) way back which I thought looked fantastic (onitsuka that is). 

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I was recently trying to decide between NB and Onitsuka myself and went and got the NBs because I have owned Onitsuka Tiger's in the past. Its also easy not to remember them because lately they've been doing some really funky stuff with their shoes and it looks weird imo but then again thats the fashion running around Asia at the moment. They used to also make a pair of Colorado's (85 or 86) way back which I thought looked fantastic (onitsuka that is). 

The ones I've bought (the ones in that picture I posted) are indeed the Colorado Eighty-Five range mate.

I also liked their Califronia 78 range... They're pretty smart!

Onitsuka Tiger don't create new models and only reproduce versions from the past (replicas) with the only difference being that they use more modern materials that they obviously didn't have back then.  Onitsuka (for others that may not know) are also ASICS... It's the same company only with ASICS that's where they invent new models,

On 12.3.2018 at 09:34, Inverted said:

I always think a lot of Lacoste's stuff is nice but round here it's still too associated with ned culture. It's having a little bit of a hipster revival but it's not quite at the level of being mainstream again. 

In Germany it's just associated with idiots. xD

Well, no loss for me as I've always disliked their logo.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Faithcore said:

I really can't tell you why but Lacose has always been a brand I associate with snobs and douchebags.

"Hi. Mein Name ist XY. Ich studiere BWL/VWL, trage nur Polo und Lacoste, fahre BMW und meine Freundin wartet am Flughafen auf mich weil wir auf Malle wollen."

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

"Hi. Mein Name ist XY. Ich studiere BWL/VWL, trage nur Polo und Lacoste, fahre BMW und meine Freundin wartet am Flughafen auf mich weil wir auf Malle wollen."

So is this a typical Lacoste wearer in Germany? xD

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So is this a typical Lacoste wearer in Germany? xD

More or less what I associate with Lacoste, yes xD Extra douche points for wearing Lacoste pullover over one's shoulders xD 

• Administrator

well done @True Blue not only is passing the test a good occasion but owning your first vehicle is a notable one in anyone's life.

the more you drive the more confident you'll be :). Rustiness will go away the more you drive, too. 

12 hours ago, Stan said:

well done @True Blue not only is passing the test a good occasion but owning your first vehicle is a notable one in anyone's life.

the more you drive the more confident you'll be :). Rustiness will go away the more you drive, too. 

Thanks Stan, started off going to work this week by myself. No problems at all, even tough i am rusty i think that if you properly learn how to drive it you can't completely forget it. Perhaps like learning to drive a bicycle i guess.

On 9 April 2018 at 12:01, True Blue said:

Got my first car on Monday, got my license about 8-9 months ago. Pretty rusty at driving but will get a hold of it eventually.

20305.jpg

Well done mate... No man forgets the first car they purchase and like Stan alluded to, it's a feeling of that first real step forward. ;)

I've also bought a few things with a view to the oncoming summer months (if they ever arrive for us in the UK :ph34r:)...

M9610_000_80807_603_1.image?notfound=not

REPLAY drawstring chino shorts in sand colour.

gant-graphic-crew-sweatshirt-marine-mela

GANT sweatshirt in marine melange.

mtsh0001-whaa.jpg

I don't know if you guys have heard of a British clothing company called SUNSPEL, but they're iconic and make some of the best quality cotton garments in the world and are used quite a bit by the movie industry especially war movies.  Their t-shirts and Riviera Polo Shirts are of the highest quality and incredibly smart.  Anyway, bought one of their plain white t-shirts.  They're not cheap but the difference in quality and fit is unquestionable.

men-s-eclipse-camper-peu-rambla-J23K.jpg

Finally, a pair of summer minimalist cotton trainers to wear with shorts in navy blue by the Spanish company CAMPER.

I used to always wear all black lacoste tracksuits when I was a late teen(probably until about 20 years old maybe?) and I was also bang into their plain t-shirts with a logo and their sweatshirts. But it's not something I've worn for years probably because of that fact. I do think some Lacoste stuff still looks smart, but it's a brand I grew out of. The best part about Lacoste is their logo. What can be better than a crocodile as a logo?. I always remember the fragrance Lacoste Red as well, I used to swear by that once upon a time.

The best looking t-shirts, even though far overpriced and not something I buy due to that fact, are Versace ones, they look brilliant.

It's more about the item itself than the actual brand though. I mean Ralph Lauren make some brilliant jackets(I've got one) and some nice shirts for going out in, but you aren't going to wear their golfing style clothing which makes you look like a middle aged site manager are you? It's more the item than brand, alot of brands have nice stuff but also a lot of hideous stuff.

I'm shit at decision making and anything fashionable. Needing a new pair of trainers as my current pair are starting to come apart a bit.

Any recommendations on a day to day pair that are also good for use in a sports hall (eg. for indoor football or badmington)?

Yes, I'm being lazy.

5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm shit at decision making and anything fashionable. Needing a new pair of trainers as my current pair are starting to come apart a bit.

Any recommendations on a day to day pair that are also good for use in a sports hall (eg. for indoor football or badmington)?

Yes, I'm being lazy.

How much are you willing to spend and what sort of thing are you looking for mate?

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

How much are you willing to spend and what sort of thing are you looking for mate?

Spend is not usually loads (usually no more than £50, though am flexible) and mainly for what I mentioned above (ie. day to day use that can be used in a sports hall as well). Though I tend to stick to black, I'm not too fussed.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Spend is not usually loads (usually no more than £50, though am flexible) and mainly for what I mentioned above (ie. day to day use that can be used in a sports hall as well). Though I tend to stick to black, I'm not too fussed.

Ok, that's actually a challenge for me because I didn't think I could find anything decent in that price range without looking at Sports Direct which is horrible.

But I found these at £55 direct from Japanese brand Onitsuka Tiger.

C534Y_5801_0010248039_RT?$product$

https://www.onitsukatiger.com/gb/en-gb/mexico-66-ps/p/C534Y-5801.html

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ok, that's actually a challenge for me because I didn't think I could find anything decent in that price range without looking at Sports Direct which is horrible.

But I found these at £55 direct from Japanese brand Onitsuka Tiger.

C534Y_5801_0010248039_RT?$product$

https://www.onitsukatiger.com/gb/en-gb/mexico-66-ps/p/C534Y-5801.html

Cheers for that. I'll have a look. :D

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Just ordered a Hawaiian style shirt for summer from Replay... I've always wanted to own one so as to have an excuse to be rather odd. :ph34r:

M4985_000_71448_010_1_Z.image?notfound=n

M4985_000_71448_010_5_Z.image?notfound=n

For a Hawaiian shirt, it's actually not too bad :D 

Archived