talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nudge said:

For a Hawaiian shirt, it's actually not too bad :D 

Yeah... I was dubious on how ti wrangle this one because I really wanted one, I’ve always wanted one but couldn’t see myself in one. I had to find one that wasn’t ridiculous which isn’t easy. xD

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Lacoste? Here in america, its a popular brand among cuntish rich frat boys.

That seems to be the case everywhere. But I don’t give a damn how someone judges me to be honest. 

I haven't owned a lacoste item since 09/10 but they're fortunate in a sense like Lyle and Ralph that there designs never really drift too far out of fashion. 

The massive Canada Goose coats seem to be the latest phase in London. I'm guessing they're mostly fake as the coats are so bloody expensive.

I don't usually buy expensive things for myself..

Biggest purchase was a second hand car for just under $8000. 

I did buy a pair of chinos and 2 shirts for about $70 all up the other day in HK. That's about it recently.

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I haven't owned a lacoste item since 09/10 but they're fortunate in a sense like Lyle and Ralph that there designs never really drift too far out of fashion. 

The massive Canada Goose coats seem to be the latest phase in London. I'm guessing they're mostly fake as the coats are so bloody expensive.

There was a massive demonstration outside the Regent Street Canada Goose store two weeks ago.  I was passing by with my wife, my son and my brother in law (he was here visiting from Italy) and we heard all this megaphone chanting... As we got closer we saw that they were camped outside the store (obviously nobody going into the store) with pictures of slaughtered dogs with words telling on how they use dog skin for the fur on their coats and jackets.

They are extremely expensive, but if ever I was to think of buying anything from there, I will now never do so even if they stop using the fur from slaughtered dogs.  Once a murderer, always a murderer for me.

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There was a massive demonstration outside the Regent Street Canada Goose store two weeks ago.  I was passing by with my wife, my son and my brother in law (he was here visiting from Italy) and we heard all this megaphone chanting... As we got closer we saw that they were camped outside the store (obviously nobody going into the store) with pictures of slaughtered dogs with words telling on how they use dog skin for the fur on their coats and jackets.

They are extremely expensive, but if ever I was to think of buying anything from there, I will now never do so even if they stop using the fur from slaughtered dogs.  Once a murderer, always a murderer for me.

That's put me right off to be fair. I probably wasn't going to get one just because they're becoming a modern day version of Stone Island.

• Administrator
On 11/04/2018 at 08:53, SirBalon said:

I've also bought a few things with a view to the oncoming summer months (if they ever arrive for us in the UK :ph34r:)...

M9610_000_80807_603_1.image?notfound=not

REPLAY drawstring chino shorts in sand colour.

gant-graphic-crew-sweatshirt-marine-mela

GANT sweatshirt in marine melange.

mtsh0001-whaa.jpg

I don't know if you guys have heard of a British clothing company called SUNSPEL, but they're iconic and make some of the best quality cotton garments in the world and are used quite a bit by the movie industry especially war movies.  Their t-shirts and Riviera Polo Shirts are of the highest quality and incredibly smart.  Anyway, bought one of their plain white t-shirts.  They're not cheap but the difference in quality and fit is unquestionable.

men-s-eclipse-camper-peu-rambla-J23K.jpg

Finally, a pair of summer minimalist cotton trainers to wear with shorts in navy blue by the Spanish company CAMPER.

how much was all of this mate? Few grand?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Not really xD

But that was a quick response :o

haha I already had the tab open.

in terms of the topic anyway, I've bought a shit load of baby stuff for my niece who was born 2 weeks ago. She's bankrupting me already xD 

16 hours ago, Stan said:

haha I already had the tab open.

in terms of the topic anyway, I've bought a shit load of baby stuff for my niece who was born 2 weeks ago. She's bankrupting me already xD 

That's niece of you 

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I haven't got this, but want it:-

0000%20a%20%20579%20043.jpg

It's brilliant, but expensive for what I'd usually be spending on a T-shirt, so I'm not sure I will actually buy it but it's tempting as it looks fucking brilliant.

That with a really thin pair of white underpants makes me want to go to your witch country on a night out with you mate. :ph34r::banana:

Archived